Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Redick with 27, 8 and 10 to beat the Michael Jordan’s tonite. Love the Hornets/Bobcats missing the playoffs under Jordan’s watch.
    While he narrowly missed his first triple-double, apparently it was also JJ's first double-double: college or pros. Can't wait to see what he can do with a little more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    While he narrowly missed his first triple-double, apparently it was also JJ's first double-double: college or pros. Can't wait to see what he can do with a little more experience.
    JJ is playing the best basketball of his career at age 34... imagine how good he is going to be when he is 40!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Redick with 27, 8 and 10 to beat the Michael Jordan’s tonite. Love the Hornets/Bobcats missing the playoffs under Jordan’s watch.
    According to ESPN this was Redick's first NBA double-double.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    According to ESPN this was Redick's first NBA double-double.
    I believe I saw that it was his first double-double in the NBA or college.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    JJ is playing the best basketball of his career at age 34... imagine how good he is going to be when he is 40!!
    His draft class did not age very well. Of those that went ahead of him (many of whom had short careers), only Lamarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay are still playing at a high level and one could argue that Redick is above Gay now. Only 7 of those 60 drafted are still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    His draft class did not age very well. Of those that went ahead of him (many of whom had short careers), only Lamarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay are still playing at a high level and one could argue that Redick is above Gay now. Only 7 of those 60 drafted are still playing.
    I'd be willing to bet that isn't terribly uncommon...13 years is quite a bit longer than the average for an NBA player. That said, it was a terrible draft class. I'm actually surprised 7 of those players are still active.

Bagley's back! He's been back for several games and has played well in all of them, but he had a very good game last night, scoring the double double (22/12) including 3-5 from 3. Seems like Duke big men have been returning from in-season injuries quite well lately!
    Also, i noticed that both Bagley and Jabari reduce their eFG% via 3pt shooting, ie their eFG is lower than their 2pt FG%. Bagley's in his first season, so it's reasonable to think he can improve considerably over time.
    Jabari has been insanely good on 2FG since his move to WAS, and his 3FG shooting is respectable, although a good bit worse this year than last.
    Having a 3pt shot creates better opportunities for scoring from 2, but until either of these guys get their 3pt % to actually improve their eFG, wouldn't it make sense for defenses to just let them shoot as many 3s as they want?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Bagley's back! He's been back for several games and has played well in all of them, but he had a very good game last night, scoring the double double (22/12) including 3-5 from 3. Seems like Duke big men have been returning from in-season injuries quite well lately!
    Also, i noticed that both Bagley and Jabari reduce their eFG% via 3pt shooting, ie their eFG is lower than their 2pt FG%. Bagley's in his first season, so it's reasonable to think he can improve considerably over time.
    Jabari has been insanely good on 2FG since his move to WAS, and his 3FG shooting is respectable, although a good bit worse this year than last.
    Having a 3pt shot creates better opportunities for scoring from 2, but until either of these guys get their 3pt % to actually improve their eFG, wouldn't it make sense for defenses to just let them shoot as many 3s as they want?
    Yeah he has been killer lately. Last night he started the first half off terrible (don't quote me but 3 for 11 I think) and then made all but I think 1 shot in the 2nd half.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Frank Jackson has averaged over 15 ppg in his last 10 games. I still think the 2017 team would have been one for the ages if it hadn't had approximately 20,000 injuries. A lot of NBA talent, mix of freshmen and veterans, nice position and skills balance, and depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Frank Jackson has averaged over 15 ppg in his last 10 games. I still think the 2017 team would have been one for the ages if it hadn't had approximately 20,000 injuries. A lot of NBA talent, mix of freshmen and veterans, nice position and skills balance, and depth.
    Still ticked we (Hornets) traded him on draft night. My opinion then was he was the perfect backup for Kemba or to play alongside him in spot mins. An aggressive attacking style guard so we don't lose that when Kemba comes off the floor would have been nice. Alas we have nothing to show for that draft because we took Monk in the first whom I hated as a prospect even then and followed it up with Bacon (Frank Jackson trade).
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Nice article on the success of the Nuggets and Mason's role in it.

Part of what makes Plumlee such an asset to Denver is his ability to fill in gaps based on what the team needs on a given night. He leads the team in block percentage, sits in second in rebounding percentage (behind reserve big Jarred Vanderbilt) and effective field goal percentage (behind other reserve big Thomas Welsh), and is seventh in assist percentage. Only Jokic, Paul Millsap, and Monte Morris are worth more win shares, Jokic and Millsap boast higher PERs, and only Jokic tops him in BPM and VORP.

Plumlee is playing more power forward this year than he has at any other point in his career. That decision has paid off — lineups with him and Nikola Jokic (who Plumlee praised for being “a great player”) on the floor together, according to Cleaning the Glass, are clobbering opponents by 9.2 points per 100 possessions.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Having watched a few Nuggets games lately, I can say that I still really enjoy watching Mason play. He's unselfish and plays team ball. As for Jokic, he cracks me up because when you look at him you don't think "all star level basketball player" you think "isn't that the mechanic that was working on my car last week" or "wasn't that the guy at the grocery store stocking the top shelf without a ladder". But he plays so skillfully and is just so effective, it's really fun to watch. Plus he's very competitive and combative which I like.

Mason is a guy whose advanced stats have always looked really good. He's such a unique player that I think coaches have had a hard time figuring out how to best use him. It makes perfect sense that a team with another unique player like Jokic ends up being the perfect pairing to bring out Mason's unique skills.
    Who needs a moral victory when you can have a real one?

Very nice piece on Harry Giles’ recovery and resurgence in Sacramento (with a few expected raves for Bagley as well). Includes a glowing testimonial from Theo Pinson (!):

Harry Giles Is Built To Last

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    Very nice piece on Harry Giles’ recovery and resurgence in Sacramento (with a few expected raves for Bagley as well). Includes a glowing testimonial from Theo Pinson (!):

Harry Giles Is Built To Last
    Zion is a stronger, shorter version of what I had hoped to see from Harry.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Not sure if folks have noticed, but Quinn Cook has played his way pretty firmly into the Warriors rotation. He's gotten double digit minutes off the bench in the last 12 consecutive games and is often the guy who plays the most minutes off the bench. Put another way, he's the 6th or 7th man on what many think is the best team in basketball. Not too shabby.

For the season he is just a shade under 40% on 3-pointers, which is quite good, and he has had a few games where he just went off... like last night when he scored 18 points in 21 minutes or Sunday when he had 21 points in 23 minutes.

He's a restricted free agent at the end of this season and I suspect Golden State will really want him back. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets. It is not at all unlikely that he will be making north of $5 mil per season on a new deal.

-Jason "shows how hard work can really, really pay off" Evans

Not sure if folks have noticed, but Quinn Cook has played his way pretty firmly into the Warriors rotation. He's gotten double digit minutes off the bench in the last 12 consecutive games and is often the guy who plays the most minutes off the bench. Put another way, he's the 6th or 7th man on what many think is the best team in basketball. Not too shabby.

For the season he is just a shade under 40% on 3-pointers, which is quite good, and he has had a few games where he just went off... like last night when he scored 18 points in 21 minutes or Sunday when he had 21 points in 23 minutes.

He's a restricted free agent at the end of this season and I suspect Golden State will really want him back. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets. It is not at all unlikely that he will be making north of $5 mil per season on a new deal.

-Jason "shows how hard work can really, really pay off" Evans
    Cook had a nice scoring game last night with 18, albeit against LAL. He's been playing a lot recently due to GSW resting Curry and Livingston a lot in preparation for the playoffs. I think he's still going to be very matchup dependent in the playoffs due to height/defense. Livingston is still the primary backup PG, and unless there's a buyout they will be paying him $7.7M next year. I agree and do think GSW wants Cook back, but so much is a cap issue. If KD bolts, then there will be extra money (unless they go after AD). I love Cook being on GSW, but if the cap is an issue if I were Bob Meyers I might think more about paying Jerebko more than Cook to stay.

Speaking of GSW and Cook, here's video that's NCAA tourney-related. If people don't like Draymond Green, this will feed that fire. It's painful, but that's how it goes. Cook handles it with class. "My heart hurts".

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Jackson getting some pub (see #7). One must remember it's with the train wreck that is the Pelicans. But still...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-spectacular

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quite a few Dukies could be in different situations next year.

Out of contract:
    Quinn
    Seth
    JJ

Team options:
    Semi
    Frank Jackson

Two way
    Amile
    Trevon..

Did I miss anyone?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Grayson

Grayson with 19 points at the half in 10 minutes of play. He’s 8 of 8 against the Kings and must think they look like badgers.