Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post

And yes, afternoon games are BRUTAL on that sunny side...and getting worse with global warming. We sat on tht side for years on the metal benches. It was awful then and it's so much worse now. As loyal as we have been for many, many years, had we not been able move to the west side we'd not be going anymore. At our age, we couldn't take it. They should be paying people to sit over there !
Well, that's one I hadn't heard before!

Perhaps we can hope for a volcanic eruption in the area of the Dean Dome and then a permanent cloud/ash cover to diminish the sun's effects in Durham?

FWIW: It's been many a year since I endured a (daytime) game on the visitor side. And permanently etched into my brain is a near heat-stroke experience or two from sitting there for two days during the USA/USSR track meet way back in the days of the dinosaurs, perhaps even BEFORE any global warming had occurred. (And it was also deemed a blessing to have metal seating as opposed to the older wooden seats which necessitated careful attention to remove any splinters from one's backside.)

k