Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    They sent out an updated link, and since I said I attended the game, all questions were related to my experience. I also said I was a season ticket holder, so I wasn’t asked what would bring me back.

One question was what would be the first non-team related thing I would change. I said a new concessions manager.

I also have a couple of traffic related items, but I need to send that separately. If anybody has traffic (not parking) concerns, let me know and I’ll add suggestions if able to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    They sent out an updated link, and since I said I attended the game, all questions were related to my experience. I also said I was a season ticket holder, so I wasn’t asked what would bring me back.

One question was what would be the first non-team related thing I would change. I said a new concessions manager.

I also have a couple of traffic related items, but I need to send that separately. If anybody has traffic (not parking) concerns, let me know and I’ll add suggestions if able to come up with something.
    A whole new concessions hierarchy is badly needed, take what they have and tear it out by the roots.
    I must say this: since they instituted the new traffic pattern a few years ago, those of us who park on the East side (easy getaway, even though we sit on the West side) breeze right onto Wannamaker very very quickly...OK, the folks directing people into the various lots are clueless, but we just charge ahead to our appointed lot and all is good.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well here's a novel way.
    From an email that I just read on Facebook, to get CTC tickets, you have to buy a $75 package that includes tickets to Ga Tech on the 12th and to DWBB vs Northwestern on Nov 17th.

So in short, to see the men's team introduce yourself, they are making you get football tickets too. (Or you could look at it as if you buy CTC tickets, they are giving you a DWBB and a FB game for free.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well here's a novel way.
    From an email that I just read on Facebook, to get CTC tickets, you have to buy a $75 package that includes tickets to Ga Tech on the 12th and to DWBB vs Northwestern on Nov 17th.

So in short, to see the men's team introduce yourself, they are making you get football tickets too. (Or you could look at it as if you buy CTC tickets, they are giving you a DWBB and a FB game for free.)
    DaughterPK goes to Alabama, and last year Coach Saban was upset about students leaving games early. So now there's an app that keeps track of attendance, and whether you are still there in the fourth quarter. In exchange, you earn points towards future football goodies and priorities.

Don't know all the details, and I am sure there are some hacks. But long/short, Duke could have a similar thing for students whereby you earn points by attending in order to get skip-the-tenting access to a basketball game. A full and boisterous student section is a key component of any home field advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK goes to Alabama, and last year Coach Saban was upset about students leaving games early. So now there's an app that keeps track of attendance, and whether you are still there in the fourth quarter. In exchange, you earn points towards future football goodies and priorities.

Don't know all the details, and I am sure there are some hacks. But long/short, Duke could have a similar thing for students whereby you earn points by attending in order to get skip-the-tenting access to a basketball game. A full and boisterous student section is a key component of any home field advantage.
    That sir, is inspired....

I hear the Chinese have a similar thing for Xi Jinping speeches, they know where you are, how many times you clap, and how enthusiastically.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I hear the Chinese have a similar thing for Xi Jinping speeches, they know where you are, how many times you clap, and how enthusiastically.
    A North Korean will outclap the Chinese any day of the week.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A North Korean will outclap the Chinese any day of the week.
    The apparatchiks in the old Soviet Union hold the record...anytime Stalin spoke. Rumors are that in a big gathering, the first few to stop clapping received the "highest measure" of punishment.

The frats have already figured out how to beat the app. The pledges have to stay the whole game, and they have to keep the phones of the upperclassmen. This took about 6 seconds to counter Coach Saban going off on leaving the New Mexico State game early, a 3:00 game, 98 degree heat, 62-10 final score.

Well, the free tickets proposal having been endorsed, I know seven excited folks who will be at the game tonight who otherwise would not have given that a thought. Keep 'em free! Build the fan base!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Well, the free tickets proposal having been endorsed, I know seven excited folks who will be at the game tonight who otherwise would not have given that a thought. Keep 'em free! Build the fan base!
    My four freebies are being used likewise. With all the promotions Duke has going for tonight's game, I'm really hoping we'll have a very good crowd.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    My four freebies are being used likewise. With all the promotions Duke has going for tonight's game, I'm really hoping we'll have a very good crowd.
    yeah...only second home game after a long time away, weather should be good, coming up off a huge win over a traditionally strong team...Should be a decent showing.

It's late, though, so I imagine many will file out at half time, especially if duke isn't scoring or the game is otherwise not particularly close.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yeah...only second home game after a long time away, weather should be good, coming up off a huge win over a traditionally strong team...Should be a decent showing.

It's late, though, so I imagine many will file out at half time, especially if duke isn't scoring or the game is otherwise not particularly close.
    Hope he takes his own advice in that quote to heart after tonight's debacle. I mean about addressing the things done wrong..

The first part of that statement is iffy...you nailed it on the second part. Getting 20 thousand this coming Saturday will take a miracle. I figure GaT will bring, oh, about 12-15 people.

On TV the stadium looked nearly empty last night, outside the main Iron Duke section.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    On TV the stadium looked nearly empty last night, outside the main Iron Duke section.
    There was a decent crowd. Not great but decent. The end zone sections were pretty packed. I've no idea what the announced attendance was but I'd guestimate 25,000 butts in seats. Of course, 10,000 fair weather Duke fans headed toward the exits during the 3rd quarter. That's in addition to the 5,000 that left during halftime. The Section 19 Bleacher Bums stayed to the bitter end.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    There was a decent crowd. Not great but decent. The end zone sections were pretty packed. I've no idea what the announced attendance was but I'd guestimate 25,000 butts in seats. Of course, 10,000 fair weather Duke fans headed toward the exits during the 3rd quarter. That's in addition to the 5,000 that left during halftime. The Section 19 Bleacher Bums stayed to the bitter end.
    Yea, I'm really glad I stayed, but did consider leaving at 3-26 and our O looking like a complete dumpster fire.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I’m still not sure why Duke decided to add thousands of seats as part of the renovation of Wallace Wade. I didn’t understand it then, and it makes even less sense to me now. Please, someone with insider knowledge of the thought process behind the renovation, weigh in on this. Thanks.

two biggest complaints I got were understandably:

- beer?
    - idiotic bag policy that no other large stadium seems to need

though that's a bit of a bias given those people WERE at the game..
    April 1

- idiotic bag policy that no other large stadium seems to need
    The bag policy is beyond idiotic. It takes 30 seconds to look inside a purse or bag. Security could easily set up express lanes for folks without bags and regular lanes for folks with bags. You want to bring a bag inside, no problem just wait in a longer screening line. Think outside the box -- shouldn't be too hard for a World Class University.
    Bob Green