#8 ND (-7) @ Wake

Pitt (-3) @ Cheats

Louisville @ UVa (-4.5)

N.Ill @ FSU (-10)

FIU @ #21 Miami (-26.5)

#13 VT (-28) @ Old Dominion

#3 Clemson (-16.5) @ GTech

State (-5) @ Marshall

Interesting note: Cheats will then be @ Miami on Thursday so a quick turn-around for the baby blues.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Interesting that the Wake - ND spread is only a touchdown.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I was shocked to see UVa -5 over L'ville when I looked yesterday. Thought it a misprint. This column explains it a bit, though I'm still skeptical. http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-...719-story.html

It’ll be interesting to see what Florida State does against Northern Illinois this weekend. NIU has a pretty stout defense, the ‘Noles are suffering from well-documented offensive woes, and Willie Taggart’s seat in Tallahassee is getting really hot really quickly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see what Florida State does against Northern Illinois this weekend. NIU has a pretty stout defense, the ‘Noles are suffering from well-documented offensive woes, and Willie Taggart’s seat in Tallahassee is getting really hot really quickly.
    At 5 million a year, hard to blame the fans.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Seems like ND rarely beats anyone badly anymore....they don't have Clemson or Bama type margins.

At 5 million a year, hard to blame the fans.
    Hard to believe, but here's the story from last December 6:

Florida State officially announced Willie Taggart as its head coach on Wednesday.

Taggart signed a six-year, $30 million deal to become head coach at FSU. He will be under contract until January 31, 2024.
    Supposedly in addition, there are bonuses for everything you can think of, including --

Bonus Money
    Win National Championship Game $500,000
    Make National Championship Game $250,000
    Make Semifinal Game $250,000
    Make New Year's Six Bowl $175,000
    Make Bowl with 7+ wins $100,000
    Make Bowl $50,000
    Win ACC Title $150,000
    Make ACC Championship Game $100,000
    ACC Coach of the Year $50,000
    Undefeated Season $100,000
    National Coach of the Year $75,000
    Single year APR over 950 $100,000
    Single year APR over 975 $175,000
    Single year APR over 990 $200,000
    Single year APR of 1000 $250,000
    You would think the APR awards would be a slam dunk (chip shot field goal?), except that FSU had an APR of 939 last year, the lowest of any member of a Power 5 conference.

Duke was at 992, trailing only Northwestern and Michigan among Power 5 conference members.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Notre Dame is – stop me if you've heard this one before – vastly overrated at #8. They should be in the Top 25, but near the bottom of it.

Pitt-UNC and NIU-FSU should determine who the worst team in the ACC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Notre Dame is – stop me if you've heard this one before – vastly overrated at #8. They should be in the Top 25, but near the bottom of it.

Pitt-UNC and NIU-FSU should determine who the worst team in the ACC is.
    Go Panthers, Go 'Noles!

A few other games of interest to us...

The right (and favored) outcomes in Mississippi State@Kentucky, Wisconsin@Iowa, and Texas AM@Alabama (MSU, Wisconsin, and Alabama winning) could lead to Duke being ranked heading into our game with VT!

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    A few other games of interest to us...

The right (and favored) outcomes in Mississippi State@Kentucky, Wisconsin@Iowa, and Texas AM@Alabama (MSU, Wisconsin, and Alabama winning) could lead to Duke being ranked heading into our game with VT!
    Right now there are 34 undefeated FBS teams, and 7 of the 34 are non-P5: Marshall, LaT, Buffalo, UCF, SoFl, Akron, NTx.

I'd hope that a 4-0 P5 team with 2 road P5 victories can sneak into the top 25.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...8-ratings.html

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Seems like ND rarely beats anyone badly anymore...they don't have Clemson or Bama type margins.
    The Irish offense has been very underwhelming so far. The O-line was expected to be strength but has been anything but, and starting QB Brandon Winbush is a very inconsistent passer even when he has time.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    The Irish offense has been very underwhelming so far. The O-line was expected to be strength but has been anything but, and starting QB Brandon Winbush is a very inconsistent passer even when he has time.
    Kenan not exactly packed today. Maybe 20,000 with less than 2,000 on the sunny side. Curious how many they “report”.

BC is not dealing well with being ranked . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    BC is not dealing well with being ranked . . . .
    Better than VT... tied in the 4th quarter with 0-3 1AA team Old Dominion, and (potentially relevant for us next week) just lost their starting QB to injury.

The Trevor Lawrence chapter begins officially today for Clemson. And Etienne is scary running the ball.

Josh Jackson, VT QB, being carted off field.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Josh Jackson, VT QB, being carted off field.
    Just turned on - did the entire VT defense leave the game? They are very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Just turned on - did the entire VT defense leave the game? They are very bad.
    I think the Old Dominion RB is wearing some sort of force field thing. VT guys have been incapable of tackling him all half.

Old Dominion is about to beat Va Tech. They’re up 14 with 1:34 to play! Holy cow!! This could make Va Tech a very angry team next week n they now will come with a chip on their shoulders. They’re gonna be very motivated for us. Damn!