Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Damn kicking. Geez another XP missed!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I heard Logan’s comments yesterday (might have been with different local host). He’s convinced we’re in big trouble if Va T continually blitzes Q. Logan doesn’t think Q has the height or tools to react well under constant pressure. Logan always speaks his mind without being PC - I rather hear that kind of analysis - doesn’t mean he’s always right.
    I agree, Logan is the only one on 99.9 worth listening to anymore. I like listening to him. I just think any proper analysis of Quinn against Baylor would have to include the poor percentage - and that some passes looked lost and ugly. That is all true. But he was outstanding on the deep balls...committed no turnovers, had 80 something yards rushing...and would've had 100+ without Nelm tackling him. It's all part of the discussion. Logan was just on the 12 for 30 over and over.

I want one of those cool orange shirts they're wearing on the sidelines. Probably pretty hard to get though...

Damn that doesn’t look good the way Rahming was hobeling off the field. Looks like an ankle issue. Hope it’s minor.

A pretty frustrating game. Duke is really not sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    True could be a bit of looking ahead to Va Tech n also having to deal with recovery from the storm. Team might have been a bit do for a bit of a let down after the 2 big road wins. Hopefully they pick it up in the 2nd half n win this game without any injuries. Go Duke!

Great way to start the 2nd half! Good defense n then a huge run to the house by Britton Brown! Up 21 now. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I keep thinking the same thing but the score leads me to believe I am just being grumpy.

Katrenick throws a nice a ball. Harris’s throws remind me of Anthony Boone; he seems to throw behind his receivers on most crossing routes

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    I keep thinking the same thing but the score leads me to believe I am just being grumpy.

Katrenick throws a nice a ball. Harris’s throws remind me of Anthony Boone; he seems to throw behind his receivers on most crossing routes
    Like Boone, he prefers to throw deep...his best distance

How was BC ranked ahead of us?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    More votes from writers and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I think cause of beating FSU.

we'll be ranked after the end of this week!

i can't see VT being ranked though after getting beat by an 0-3 team that they were used to beat by 30 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    ...which BC has not done this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    BC was ranked based on wins against UMass, Holy Cross and Wake? Not exactly Murderers’ Row!

Next week they play Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    BC was ranked based on wins against UMass, Holy Cross and Wake? Not exactly Murderers’ Row!
    they were also ranked based somewhat on pre season buzz too...with Dillon returning, and a respectable QB, and a 3-0 start...

Quote Originally Posted by jbay201 View Post
    we'll be ranked after the end of this week!

i can't see VT being ranked though after getting beat by an 0-3 team that they were used to beat by 30 points.
    I'm not sure that's a good thing...Duke doesn't have much margin for error at this point, and the ranking game this early in the season simply isn't very meaningful.
    VT will be riled next week in the battle of the teams with wounded QBs.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm not sure that's a good thing...Duke doesn't have much margin for error at this point, and the ranking game this early in the season simply isn't very meaningful.
    VT will be riled next week in the battle of the teams with wounded QBs.
    If we're going to play with the big boys, we need to not worry about things like rankings (it's a GOOD thing!) or if the other team is going to be riled up. The other team just lost to a pretty bad team. That's not a bad thing for us. I'd like for us to get a little respect from the national media.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    If we're going to play with the big boys, we need to not worry about things like rankings (it's a GOOD thing!) or if the other team is going to be riled up. The other team just lost to a pretty bad team. That's not a bad thing for us. I'd like for us to get a little respect from the national media.
    The media who ever watch or follow Duke love Duke. The rest (most) are never going to take us seriously. Duke handled a team that is taking OU to the wire, beat a NW team that people thought were good, and dominated a Big 12 that has faced lots of "adversity" (barf) with the entire second string.

We need to win one of these nationally televised games in prime time really badly. We get VT, who might be jacked up, but they also won't have their starting QB, and we very well might have ours.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

^ yeah, let's beat VT next week and then we can talk about rankings, not getting sufficient respect, etc...(but I sure wouldn't expect to see Daniel Jones next week...)