Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    If Harris did anything wrong vs. Baylor, it was to throw the ball away prematurely too many times, but that was infinitely better than forcing the throws.

Sounds like the injury Cone of Silence is fully intact for this weekend...hope to at least hear of guys like Cerenord and Carter running around, not hobbling.

Agree with Jim, I expect Harris for a half and maybe a wee bit; have to build a lead...lots of others will play, but I don't expect to see hims passing behind the third string OL
    as keeping him upright is an absolutely necessity.
    I've wondered about the QB dilemma as well.

Harris certainly needs the reps, but we also need a backup with some reps. VT brings a hell of a blitz.

Duke 48-10 NCCU

I missed this one this morning...Jim Sumner on injuries:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...avid-cutcliffe

These Sumner articles are pure gold!

This depth is no accident. Cutcliffe has long said that you can never have too many defensive backs and has prioritized those who can run, cover and tackle. Corners can move to safety and vice-versa. McDuffie was a corner for two seasons. DeVon Edwards moved between both spots, as have Carter, Brandon Feamster and others. Strike safety, boundary corner, if you’re good enough, Duke will find a place to use you.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I will be at my son's baseball tournament - does "ACC Network" mean I can stream on the ESPN app?
    Yes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes.
    Would that be the either ESPN live, Watch ESPN, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Would that be the either ESPN live, Watch ESPN, or both?
    From the N&O by Wiseman and Brooke Cain ("fair use" only, of course). This doesn't answer all my questions, but it's a start. I am hoping ESPN+ gets me there.

Here is how to access it:

First, if you’ve never done it before, you need to “authenticate” at WatchESPN.com, using the username and password for your cable or satellite provider. If you did this last year, you’re good to go.

Now you can get ready to watch.

On a computer: Go to ESPN3.com, click on the tab for either “Live” or “Upcoming” and select the game you’re looking for. The games are grouped by sport and are in chronological order.

WatchESPN app: On your smartphone, tablet or streaming device, open the WatchESPN app. From the app, you can find the game by clicking on “Sport,” then selecting “Basketball.” Click the tab for either “Live Now” or “Upcoming” and select the game you want to watch.

ESPN app: Open the app, then select the TV icon. From there, scroll through the list and select the game.

Roku, Apple TV, XBox 360, XBox One, Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV Stick, Android TV, Chromecast: Search “WatchESPN” and add that channel. Scroll to “Browse by Channel” and select “ACC Network Extra.” Select the content you want to view. You may have to activate the device with your cable or satellite username and password; it will give you instructions on the TV screen.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Duke 48-10 NCCU
    Gonna be real hot again. Our depth is a huge advantage. Even if we’re sluggish, should win by 35

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I've wondered about the QB dilemma as well.

Harris certainly needs the reps, but we also need a backup with some reps. VT brings a hell of a blitz.
    Thing is, we don’t really know how good VaTech really is yet. So far, they’ve beaten an FSU team that, after getting slobberknocked by Syracuse appears to have been horrendously overrated, and William & Mary. Plus, VaTech has Notre Dame on the schedule in Blacksburg the following week, so I’d be surprised if they don’t look ahead just a bit. I’m confident Cut will bring a solid game plan. Would love to have DJ under center, but I think we have a solid chance regardless.

WatchESPN app: On your smartphone, tablet or streaming device, open the WatchESPN app. From the app, you can find the game by clicking on “Sport,” then selecting “Basketball.” Click the tab for either “Live Now” or “Upcoming” and select the game you want to watch.
    you might try tapping on football instead of basketball for our game!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    you might try tapping on football instead of basketball for our game!
    Yep. You can't trust the News and Observer... or Sage Grouse.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Steve Wiseman on now with Steve Logan on 99.9...very little love for Q

How many penalties? What's our focus? Natural to be a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Steve Wiseman on now with Steve Logan on 99.9...very little love for Q
    Can you provide some detail for those of us who out of the area?

Can you provide some detail for those of us who out of the area?
    Lot of focus on Q's 12 for 30 - no mention of the fact his long balls were awesome...no mention of his really productive running...no mention of his quicker first step than DJ...just 12-30 12-30 12-30...and of course he wasn't played last season when DJ was hurt, so clearly that "tells us all we need to know" kind of thing...

Mostly from Logan...and caveat, I missed the part of the show talking about Baylor. I heard the part talking about Duke going forward....

Lot of focus on Q's 12 for 30 - no mention of the fact his long balls were awesome...no mention of his really productive running...no mention of his quicker first step than DJ...just 12-30 12-30 12-30...and of course he wasn't played last season when DJ was hurt, so clearly that "tells us all we need to know" kind of thing...

Mostly from Logan...and caveat, I missed the part of the show talking about Baylor. I heard the part talking about Duke going forward...
    Wow, I would have expected a bit more from Mr. Wiseman,

Or perhaps an outside opinion is something to consider.

Very proud of QH, and a very nice win. QB rating was in the mid-60’s IIRC.

Wow, I would have expected a bit more from Mr. Wiseman,
    Hold on just a second...let me clarify my comments even further: this was mostly Logan and not Wiseman...as I stated above. Moreover, I did not hear the first part of the show when they talked about the Baylor game. Maybe Steve Wiseman talked about the deep balls and the TDs and the good running in that part of the show. I missed that segment of the show.

All I really heard Wiseman say along these lines was to not disagree with Logan at the very end of the show after Logan kind of ripped Q a bit. That could be simply a matter of not wanting to disagree with the host, who is after all a QB consultant for various NFL teams, and has been an assistant in the NFL and head coach in college and an offensive coordinator in college. Logan is kind of, well, very cocksure of his own opinions related to offense and QBs...and has a very Type AAAA personality on air. Steve W. is much more measured, and I could very well understand Wiseman not wanting to disagree with Logan on his show.

Hold on just a second...let me clarify my comments even further: this was mostly Logan and not Wiseman...as I stated above. Moreover, I did not hear the first part of the show when they talked about the Baylor game. Maybe Steve Wiseman talked about the deep balls and the TDs and the good running in that part of the show. I missed that segment of the show.

All I really heard Wiseman say along these lines was to not disagree with Logan at the very end of the show after Logan kind of ripped Q a bit. That could be simply a matter of not wanting to disagree with the host, who is after all a QB consultant for various NFL teams, and has been an assistant in the NFL and head coach in college and an offensive coordinator in college. Logan is kind of, well, very cocksure of his own opinions related to offense and QBs...and has a very Type AAAA personality on air. Steve W. is much more measured, and I could very well understand Wiseman not wanting to disagree with Logan on his show.
    I heard Logan’s comments yesterday (might have been with different local host). He’s convinced we’re in big trouble if Va T continually blitzes Q. Logan doesn’t think Q has the height or tools to react well under constant pressure. Logan always speaks his mind without being PC - I rather hear that kind of analysis - doesn’t mean he’s always right.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Young, Harmon, Carter and Cerenord officially out.