Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    The media who ever watch or follow Duke love Duke. The rest (most) are never going to take us seriously. Duke handled a team that is taking OU to the wire, beat a NW team that people thought were good, and dominated a Big 12 that has faced lots of "adversity" (barf) with the entire second string.

We need to win one of these nationally televised games in prime time really badly. We get VT, who might be jacked up, but they also won't have their starting QB, and we very well might have ours.
    21-21 at end of regulation.

I wish I could see OT somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post

That's remarkable....this is really making Duke look good!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post

Yea, tried to find it, couldn't on the 1,771,561 channels I get on cable.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Yea, tried to find it, couldn't on the 1,771,561 channels I get on cable.
    It was on pay per view on the armed forces channel.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Army ran 86 plays...to only 40 for Oklahoma...talk about ball control...

OU won in overtime, 28-21. I expect, as with VT, OU did not take their opponent seriously. After all, if they lost to DUKE, how good could they be.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    OU won in overtime, 28-21. I expect, as with VT, OU did not take their opponent seriously. After all, if they lost to DUKE, how good could they be.
    Baylor beat Kansas. Not the greatest feather in a cap, but a solid win to also help Duke look good.

I just arrived home from the game. The team was very sloppy after jumping out to the 20-0 lead but they turned up the heat in the 2nd half with a 28-0 performance. A couple of quick observations:

1. The TD pass to Brittain Brown was a beautiful play. A traditional screen pass to a running back.
    2. We have three very talented running backs in Brown, Deon Jackson and Marvin Hubbard.
    3. QB Chris Katrenick throws a nice ball.
    Bob Green

Jim Sumner recap is posted on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...ils-acc-durham

Money quote:

Harris and Brown both went out with injuries, but both say they could have returned had the necessity been there. McDuffie and defensive end Terrell Lucas got back in action after missing some time and-without naming names-Cutcliffe suggested that more of the walking wounded should be back for Virginia Tech.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I just arrived home from the game. The team was very sloppy after jumping out to the 20-0 lead but they turned up the heat in the 2nd half with a 28-0 performance. A couple of quick observations:

1. The TD pass to Brittain Brown was a beautiful play. A traditional screen pass to a running back.
    2. We have three very talented running backs in Brown, Deon Jackson and Marvin Hubbard.
    3. QB Chris Katrenick throws a nice ball.
    Bob, also, Jake Bobo made a nice catch, contested, on the sidelines. Plus, he was fielding punts in the second half. I might want to see more of this kid moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I agree, Logan is the only one on 99.9 worth listening to anymore. I like listening to him. I just think any proper analysis of Quinn against Baylor would have to include the poor percentage - and that some passes looked lost and ugly. That is all true. But he was outstanding on the deep balls...committed no turnovers, had 80 something yards rushing...and would've had 100+ without Nelm tackling him. It's all part of the discussion. Logan was just on the 12 for 30 over and over.
    Logan had nothing good to say about the Baylor game. He loved Daniel Jones until he got injured last year. Harris was 15/27 for 202 and 3 TD/0 INT today albeit against our worst opponent.

Cut was not happy with the middle of the 1st half at all on postgame. I was sitting inside Wally Wade thinking of calling Sherwin Williams on my cell phone to deliver some new blue paint for the 2nd half.

I'm not sure whether VT was looking ahead to Duke or hosting ND. ODU scored 49 using their backup QB. They will be mad, but it can be done.

The best way to deal with a mad team coming off a loss it to demoralize them early. Come focused, go for the throat, don’t let up.

Not only can we do this — we should do this.

LGD!!!!

I don't think we study this one as a blueprint for the rest of the season

Duke was the better team, in some ways were more dominant than the score indicates, and yet, in other ways were flat. Central made some nice adjustments and played with intensity. I don't think we learn much from this, but it was nice to get some game action for some guys who have not played much.

A shout out to DUMB. Central has an historically impressive band. I kid you not when I say that during the halftime performance, Duke's band played with more power, played with more musicality, and marched with more precision. These are thoughts I never thought I would have. To be fair, Central had more showmanship, better drum majors and a better percussion section, but on the whole, give this one to Duke. Amazing.
    GTHC

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Cut was not happy with the middle of the 1st half at all on postgame. I was sitting inside Wally Wade thinking of calling Sherwin Williams on my cell phone to deliver some new blue paint for the 2nd half.
    Ask Sherwin Williams? Why? You had Shelden Williams being honored at the game...

sheldenpaint.jpg

It was nice to see redshirt freshman center Will Taylor play...he had an injury last year which was rumored to be possibly career ending...McDuffie back was another nice thing.
    Hopefully Carter and Cerenord reappear soon...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Hopefully Carter and Cerenord reappear soon...
    And Aaron Young. We need him at wide receiver. Chris Taylor has a serious case of the drops yesterday. There were several passes he should have caught. I've had the opportunity to talk to Taylor a couple of times and he is a fantastic young man but Young is a bigger, faster, stronger athlete. I highly desire to see him back on the field sooner rather than later.
    Bob Green

And Aaron Young. We need him at wide receiver. Chris Taylor has a serious case of the drops yesterday. There were several passes he should have caught. I've had the opportunity to talk to Taylor a couple of times and he is a fantastic young man but Young is a bigger, faster, stronger athlete. I highly desire to see him back on the field sooner rather than later.
    Yeah, I want to see Young on the field....no doubt. I see in the stats that Bracey got some action...how'd he look?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yeah, I want to see Young on the field...no doubt. I see in the stats that Bracey got some action...how'd he look?
    In my opinion, he looked good. I was sitting with Mark Newton and Devildeac, the Section 19 Bleacher Bums, and we all commented that Bracey looked better, he looked like he belongs on the field.

His development this season is critical for next season.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Bob, also, Jake Bobo made a nice catch, contested, on the sidelines. Plus, he was fielding punts in the second half. I might want to see more of this kid moving forward.
    Bobo returning punts was nice to see...a glimpse into the future.
    Bob Green

Bobo returning punts was nice to see...a glimpse into the future.
    Yes, but one or two he should have signaled for the fair catch IMHO.