Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
    Hey guys! Had to register in order to claim the plate. Its real and its spectacular! Grew up a Duke fan (uncle played b-ball in the Bubas era) and went to State, so my hatred for the arrogant cheating a-holes comes from two directions. I've followed the numerous scandals with an unhealthy fervor and decided I had to act since the NCAA didn't. Oh, as for the ROY KNEW plate, well that's my son's whose hatred comes mainly from the State side. I raised him well!
    Welcome to DBR. I have two questions:

1. Did the DMV give you any resistance when you and your son ordered these plates?

2. Do you have any other personalized license plates in your family that we should know about?

You may also get a few questions about your uncle from the Bubas-era crowd. In the past they’ve had an encyclopedic knowledge of Duke basketball rosters, so they probably remember him.

No resistance from DMV as it was done online w/o human contact. Their algorithms exclude vulgarity (not truths ). My other family members live out-of-state, so my son and I are the only ones disseminating truth. My uncle (through marriage) was Ron Herbster. Never started, but played over 80 games during the original golden years of Duke b-ball. His teams were beaten by UCLA twice in the final four iirc.

Another one sighted on I-40 - Greensboro'ish area

License.jpg

Sorry about the resolution...