But wearing velvet.

Then you'll be going stag..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Then you'll be going stag..
    To quote Frasier Crane..."oh deer God...."

Buck up, it will be alright..
    D'oh!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Those reporters who have been wading through the water worry me, especially with this possibility.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hard to tell, but I think it's a brown water snake, certainly not a cottonmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Copperheads get agitated around here. Given that they like to hide under debris and storms result in debris, this can be a problem.
    Bless anyone whom gets bitten.i got bit on top of my foot in flip flops when I was 12 by a copperhead. Was sick for a few days .miserable first two days.out of hospital on 4th day.i watch where I step more carefully when I'm out fishing.
    I almost killed it.then put it in a doritos bag and carried it with me.
    My late father had quite the story of when the opened the bag in the e.r. and the snake emerged.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I almost killed it.then put it in a doritos bag and carried it with me.
    I thought they ate mice?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I thought they ate mice?
    I cannot confirm or deny and consumption of doritos by the snake.from what my father told me they opened the bag in other room and the snake wasnt dead it came out mad.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I cannot confirm or deny and consumption of doritos by the snake.from what my father told me they opened the bag in other room and the snake wasnt dead it came out mad.
    Stale Doritos would tic me off too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The biggest worry at the coast is the cottonmouth (a.k.a. water moccasin) which is the most common venomous snake in the coastal plain. More numerous than all other venomous snakes in that area combined. Though there are three species of rattlesnakes, (pygmy, Timber, and eastern diamondback) plus the copperhead and coral snake, these species are not near so common as the cottonmouth. Statewide, however, the copperhead is the most numerous.
    Both the coral snake and eastern diamondback are rare in our state, and the timber rattler is a threatened species.

The biggest worry at the coast is the cottonmouth (a.k.a. water moccasin) which is the most common venomous snake in the coastal plain. More numerous than all other venomous snakes in that area combined. Though there are three species of rattlesnakes, (pygmy, Timber, and eastern diamondback) plus the copperhead and coral snake, these species are not near so common as the cottonmouth. Statewide, however, the copperhead is the most numerous.
    Both the coral snake and eastern diamondback are rare in our state, and the timber rattler is a threatened species.
    Cotton mouths will come after you.fearless snakes .most snakes will glide off unless your really on top of them.they will follow your fish stringer and you .they are just very aggressive. It wouldn't surprise me if they preyed upon any of the other mentioned snakes.

I would treat for fire ants as soon as possible. They will be on the move also.

They will kill other snakes. There's a video on youtube showing a cottonmouth consuming an eastern diamondback. But the rattler was smaller.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2l4owxC7s

That snake had some power. As irony would have it we have a new friend at our house.

Was probably eating the frogs.i hope he doesn't eat the geckos.

That snake had some power. As irony would have it we have a new friend at our house.

Friend of Jack?

Tangentially Related

Georgia woman finds 30 brown recluse spiders inside new house

She thinks the spider problem may be linked to a four-month period when the house was empty and workers were attempting to resolve a mold problem.

“I think they have always lived in that house, they have always lived in the house, they just got out when they did the [mold] work,” she told WSB-TV 2. “They were just kind of everywhere.”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...gia-house.html
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Georgia woman finds 30 brown recluse spiders inside new house

She thinks the spider problem may be linked to a four-month period when the house was empty and workers were attempting to resolve a mold problem.

“I think they have always lived in that house, they have always lived in the house, they just got out when they did the [mold] work,” she told WSB-TV 2. “They were just kind of everywhere.”

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...gia-house.html
    The stuff of nigthmares.