- Michigan Football Khaki Supplier
    - Louisville Football Harassment Director
    - Arizona State Football Cliché Translator
    - UNC Football Fertilizer Shoveler
    Michigan State Gym Consultant..

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/db...ootball-is-2-0

0:00 Byrd Campbell, they mean business
    0:25 Sam is hosting, Donald is traveling, and Jason is celebrating the Jewish New Year.
    1:50 Duke beats NW but suffers some big injury losses. Donald marvels at the Duke 4th quarter D.
    4:50 Jason talks turnovers, both the real ones and the ones that come after 4th down.
    7:10 Sidebar on Mark Gilbert, one of the best defensive backs in Duke history.
    8:40 Sam talks a bit about what NW was trying (and failing) to do on offense.
    12:00 Jason enjoyed the way we moved the ball around, especially hitting the TEs.
    13:25 Sam points out the impressive majors of Duke’s football team.
    14:40 Donald finishes the conversation about the game by pointing out how important confidence is.
    15:20 If you need legal help, we recommend talking to Byrd Campbell.
    15:50 Jason looks ahead to Baylor, a team that has played some truly terrible competition thus far, and says the Baylor D is just plain awful.
    20:20 Jason sidebars on computer rankings… and has actually found one ranking that says Duke is the best football team in the country. Take that Alabama!!
    22:45 Donald says the key to the game is the offense and what happens without Daniel Jones.
    24:20 Who is Gunner Holmberg and why is he the future of Duke football?
    26:00 New sponsor! Dominate Test Prep is your best way to get into a good grad school.
    26:55 Parting shots – Donald has been watching some Dukies playing WNBA basketball.
    28:05 Parting shots – Jason loves him some Scottie Montgomery for beating UNC in football.
    30:30 Parting shots – Sam wants to know what happened to the grad student camp out.
    33:25 Sam says goodbye and Jason interrupts to encourage folks to write to us at DBRPodcast@gmail.com
    Wish I could have heard the podcast, but I am having connection issues... However, I don't understand why Duke did not take proper steps to give Jones better protection from their DE. Our number 70 clearly was having problems containing the DE, twice in a short period of time allowing him clear sailing to Jones. The second time proved extremely bad for him, putting him out indefinitely! You gotta recognize the situation, especially when a pass play is called, and put a running back or even a tight end as a backup blocker for the onrushing DE! I have seen this action many times in football, and it works. Considering the importance of Jones, this seems like a huge oversight by someone!!

Quote Originally Posted by campered View Post
    Wish I could have heard the podcast, but I am having connection issues... However, I don't understand why Duke did not take proper steps to give Jones better protection from their DE. Our number 70 clearly was having problems containing the DE, twice in a short period of time allowing him clear sailing to Jones. The second time proved extremely bad for him, putting him out indefinitely! You gotta recognize the situation, especially when a pass play is called, and put a running back or even a tight end as a backup blocker for the onrushing DE! I have seen this action many times in football, and it works. Considering the importance of Jones, this seems like a huge oversight by someone!!
    It might have been by Jones...who perhaps was supposed to step up in the pocket on that play instead of fading backwards more. I know after the Army game Coach Cut indicated that some of the pressures came when Jones didn't step up. By the way, I'm only throwing this out as a theory - not necessarily saying it's the case.

So, I posted something on the Baylor board. I will be interested in seeing how they respond to it. I was respectful.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics...replies/840118
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The first response:

P.S. It was still a block. Y'all owe us a MBB natty.
    I posted a couple of times on that forum early in the week and several replies complained about the Zoubek block/charge call in 2010. Too many posters on the board were more interested in complaining about Duke MBB than discussing the football game so I quit posting. Nobody was rude but everyone was carping.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The first response:

P.S. It was still a block. Y'all owe us a MBB natty.
    I posted a couple of times on that forum early in the week and several replies complained about the Zoubek block/charge call in 2010. Too many posters on the board were more interested in complaining about Duke MBB than discussing the football game so I quit posting. Nobody was rude but everyone was carping.
    Huh, I didn't realize the 2010 Duke-Baylor regional final was also a national championship. I wonder how West Virginia and Butler feel about that. Maybe West Virginia can find a way to express their disagreement during conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Huh, I didn't realize the 2010 Duke-Baylor regional final was also a national championship. I wonder how West Virginia and Butler feel about that. Maybe West Virginia can find a way to express their disagreement during conference play.
    True, and I think the main problem for Baylor was Andre and his three ball that day....kept us in the game in the first half (if memory serves).

The first response:

To be fair, the rest of the post addressed the point raised by Jason (that he may be right about the D, but they have three good D players coming back that missed those games) and wished everyone well with the upcoming storm.

I think it is a fairly unhappy fanbase right now, given last year and the defense the first two games. They are also not happy with the quarterback platooning for the most part, and are not sure about their new coach. Sounds like a fanbase that is football-first; expects to play at a high level; and isn't seeing it under the current coach yet. Given that, the responses are understandable.

I was really surprised at how many posters there predict a Duke win. But then again, after we go through a tough stretch in the basketball season, there are many around here (usually not regulars) who think the world is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    To be fair, the rest of the post addressed the point raised by Jason (that he may be right about the D, but they have three good D players coming back that missed those games) and wished everyone well with the upcoming storm.

I think it is a fairly unhappy fanbase right now, given last year and the defense the first two games. They are also not happy with the quarterback platooning for the most part, and are not sure about their new coach. Sounds like a fanbase that is football-first; expects to play at a high level; and isn't seeing it under the current coach yet. Given that, the responses are understandable.

I was really surprised at how many posters there predict a Duke win. But then again, after we go through a tough stretch in the basketball season, there are many around here (usually not regulars) who think the world is ending.
    I think Jason fired those fans up. I just hope the Baylor football team doesn't think our football team feels the same way. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I think Jason fired those fans up. I just hope the Baylor football team doesn't think our football team feels the same way. GoDuke!
    Yup. It kind of went downhill last I checked. So I stopped checking.

I certainly agree with Jason's overall point that Baylor's defense has not performed well to date. Some of the posters raised valid criticisms of the rationale Jason used. But if you take a step back, and look at how many points Baylor gave up to teams they should have swatted, it seems within the realm of reality to conclude that Baylor's defense may have its hands full tomorrow. Let's hope.

That Sicem365 website resembles InsideCarolina right now. Meltdown mode. Lots of fans calling for the coaching staff to be fired.
    Bob Green

That Sicem365 website resembles InsideCarolina right now. Meltdown mode. Lots of fans calling for the coaching staff to be fired.
    Yeah, just perused it. The unhappy have become unhappier.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    David Cutcliffe has left a slew of angry message board posts in his wake as he approaches a winning record as the Duke head coach (he is currently five games under .500). It's one of the low key indicators of success.