Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Orlando paper (usu pretty thoughtful): Washington State in the Sun: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...htmlstory.html

Bleacher Report -- no bowl for Duke: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-after-week-7

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Bleacher Report -- no bowl for Duke: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-after-week-7
    Bizarre

CFN says Duke/Maryland in Yankee Stadium.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018...s-after-week-7
    But they aren't our rival.

What happened to those projections to play The Other USC (Pimento State, not Southern Cal)?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Bizarre
    This obviously goes to the attention to detail that the author(s) apply to this click bait. they probably took us out of the last projected game with the intent to put us in something different, and then forgot.

While there is a non-zero chance we will lose our next six game, it is highly unlikely we will not win at least one and secure some bowl game somewhere.

The really interesting story, to me, is: Can UCF go undefeated 2 years in a row and still not get into the playoffs?

When I just linked to it, they had Duke Cincy in the Military Bowl....(which does seem odd)

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I presume they changed it after you viewed the page, but they have us in the Military Bowl against Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I presume they changed it after you viewed the page, but they have us in the Military Bowl against Cincinnati.
    Yes, they did change it. Because Duke was absent earlier this morning.

This would give Duke a chance to avenge that 2012 Belk Bowl loss. The first of three snatching defeat from the jaws of victory bowl losses.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

This would give Duke a chance to avenge that 2012 Belk Bowl loss. The first of three snatching defeat from the jaws of victory bowl losses.
    UNC’s loss yesterday — fumbling while driving late in the fourth quarter for the clinching score, then giving up a drive and points to lose — reminded me of that cold night.

Getting to a bowl is crucial; however, I'd like to think we could do better this year than the Military Bowl...(fully acknowledging that we have a bunch of tough games ahead).
    Would be nice to get eight or more wins in the regular season, head someplace warmer...

So they have us coming out in this order in the ACC:

After Clemson (playoffs)

No ACC teams in the New years 6

Miami in the next level (Camping Bowl)

VT, BC, NCSU in the next level (Tier One Bowls)

And Duke at the top of the next level (additional Bowls)

2018-19 ACC BOWL AFFILIATIONS

So Basically the 6th best. How does everyone feel about his?

If we end up ahead of VT, NCSU, or BC, we get into a Tier One Bowl. Although, the infographic on the linked website differentiates Tier One bowls in a different manner than the text in the section below.

Does anyone know how this works?
    Is it standings in the conference?
    How do they compare teams in different divisions?
    Do the poll rankings have an impact?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Getting to a bowl is crucial; however, I'd like to think we could do better this year than the Military Bowl...(fully acknowledging that we have a bunch of tough games ahead).
    Would be nice to get eight or more wins in the regular season, head someplace warmer...
    I assume that they look at things as of today, instead of fully projecting the rest of the season. So they have Miami, VT, State, BC and Syracuse ahead of us. Don’t disagree with the first three, could argue the last two. (Putting Clemson and ND in the playoffs, of course.)

I already have my hotel room in El Paso (only trip I’d have to plan ahead.). Would love to change that to sunny Florida, though.

(Edit: I see my fellow DUMB alum posted about the same time with more detail.)

I assume that they look at things as of today, instead of fully projecting the rest of the season. So they have Miami, VT, State, BC and Syracuse ahead of us. Don’t disagree with the first three, could argue the last two. (Putting Clemson and ND in the playoffs, of course.)

I already have my hotel room in El Paso (only trip I’d have to plan ahead.). Would love to change that to sunny Florida, though.

(Edit: I see my fellow DUMB alum posted about the same time with more detail.)
    I did post about the same time, but I missed Syracuse. I guess I still have trouble remembering they are an ACC team!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    So they have us coming out in this order in the ACC:

After Clemson (playoffs)

No ACC teams in the New years 6

Miami in the next level (Camping Bowl)

VT, BC, NCSU in the next level (Tier One Bowls)

And Duke at the top of the next level (additional Bowls)

2018-19 ACC BOWL AFFILIATIONS

So Basically the 6th best. How does everyone feel about his?

If we end up ahead of VT, NCSU, or BC, we get into a Tier One Bowl. Although, the infographic on the linked website differentiates Tier One bowls in a different manner than the text in the section below.

Does anyone know how this works?
    Is it standings in the conference?
    How do they compare teams in different divisions?
    Do the poll rankings have an impact?
    Further review had Syracuse ahead of us, too, filling the fourth tier one bowl. So we’re eighth on their lists, including ND. That’s just one list, it’s better on some, and one prognosticator had us lower, in the Gasparilla bowl.

It’s up to the bowl committees to select. I believe there’s some “protection” for overall records, including the loser of the championship game. But if the bowls don’t like us, we drop down. Fortunately, we’ve performed well, both in the games and in the stands with tickets purchased.

Duke/Mississippi State in Nashville would be fun: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

Duke/Mississippi State in Nashville would be fun: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions
    Duke vs ANYONE in Nashville would be fun. Great town...great atmosphere for Titan games (where the game would be played I think) and for Nashville Predator games (arena is right on the strip).

I have no recollection of this 2012 Belk Bowl of which you speak. My therapist suggested that I not try to recall that memory, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I have no recollection of this 2012 Belk Bowl of which you speak. My therapist suggested that I not try to recall that memory, for some reason.
    Or it could be that your brain just froze and those memories are waiting to be thawed.

Even the Duke players from up north were amazed at how cold it was.

But, yes, just hold on the ball, Josh Snead. Just hold on to it.