Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    To complete what I started, we know the teams going to bowl games. The 5 unlucky winners with 6 wins and no bowl game are:
    Wyoming
    Miami-Ohio
    Liberty
    Southern Mississippi
    University of Louisiana Monroe

And of course teams with only 2 wins are not eligible
    There is obviously a lot of prestige in making a bowl game, regardless of the location and ridiculous name, and the extra practice time is helpful for next year. However, I believe many of these lower tier bowls tend to be money losers for the participating schools so being shut out isn’t necessarily all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    How else would you say it?

I've always pronounced it "Too-lane".

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    To complete what I started, we know the teams going to bowl games. The 5 unlucky winners with 6 wins and no bowl game are:
    Wyoming
    Miami-Ohio
    Liberty
    Southern Mississippi
    University of Louisiana Monroe

And of course teams with only 2 wins are not eligible
    Liberty is still in transition mode from FCS. They would only have been eligible if there were less than 78 other 6 win teams.

our lads need to get both physically and mentally healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    our lads need to get both physically and mentally healthy.
    The latter part might also apply to some assistant coaches ...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    How else would you say it?
    It's about the emphasis. Most people solely emphasize the second syllable, which apparently isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    The latter part might also apply to some assistant coaches ...
    You’ve piqued my curiosity

I would like to think that Cut will make some coaching changes in the off season, because I think we have some glaring needs there. A number of other teams in our division have upgraded their coaching, and it shows.
    I'm not holding my breath, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    You’ve piqued my curiosity
    I merely meant that some better thinking and decision making on the part of the assistant coaches would be helpful. Did not mean to imply that there were any mentally unbalanced assistants.

I would like to think that Cut will make some coaching changes in the off season, because I think we have some glaring needs there. A number of other teams in our division have upgraded their coaching, and it shows.
    I'm not holding my breath, though.
    Not making changes to upgrade, including opening the purses, makes me believe the quality assistants (Albert), won’t stick around very long.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Not making changes to upgrade, including opening the purses, makes me believe the quality assistants (Albert), won’t stick around very long.
    That would be bad.
    Next year we have a brutal schedule, including Bama and ND out of conference. We are likely to lose our QB, two ace linebackers, and all three starting receivers (there may be a bit of good in the latter).
    I fear that if we don't make some changes, we'll be looking at a three win season, or worse.

That would be bad.
    Next year we have a brutal schedule, including Bama and ND out of conference. We are likely to lose our QB, two ace linebackers, and all three starting receivers (there may be a bit of good in the latter).
    I fear that if we don't make some changes, we'll be looking at a three win season, or worse.
    We had some changes going into this season...new DC (two), new OL coach, shifting around with new WR coach, new special teams coach (if memory serves.). I was worried about losing Knowles, who I think was somewhere between fantastic to amazing. But with the incredible injuries to the very best defensive players, I don't think we know for sure if there is even a coaching issue there. The D was just shredded by injury. As to the changes with WR and OL coaching, well, perhaps those are not a coaching problem after all.

UPDATE FWIW: ESPN has an article predicting all bowl games, and Duke is the biggest underdog in this prediction (to lose by 17) and Virginia is next, predicted to lose to SC by 16. Wouldn't be a bad thing for this kind of thing to end up on the bulletin board. As a side note, the biggest margin overall was Alabama over OU by 18 in the play off.
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 12-03-2018 at 05:21 PM.