Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    What were Duke's bowl projections last year when Duke was 4-0?

What were they when Duke was 4-6?

I prefer to get to six wins and start thinking about it then.

^ yeah, pretty pointless now...gotta get some people healthy first...

Of course, right now we're only 3-0. But as someone upthread suggested, real programs have real expectations. I don't mind that there is an expectation of this team going to a bowl.

It is always smart to temper one's expectations. But there is no reason to keep them dormant either.

As Cut said about the drive where QH drove us 75 yards down the field in the third quarter after Baylor cut the lead to ten: what is your intent when you go out there? Is it to succeed or to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    What were Duke's bowl projections last year when Duke was 4-0?

What were they when Duke was 4-6?

I prefer to get to six wins and start thinking about it then.
    I remember Cut saying something a few years ago - maybe 2014 or 2015 - that yeah, it's always really good and a relief to get number six, even in seasons when you expect more. I feel ya on that...

That said, this group could go 8 or 8+ I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I remember Cut saying something a few years ago - maybe 2014 or 2015 - that yeah, it's always really good and a relief to get number six, even in seasons when you expect more. I feel ya on that...

That said, this group could go 8 or 8+ I think.
    Cut says that he always tells young coaches -- "never forget how to count to six"

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    OPK just booked his flight and ordered tix and has multiple hepatitis vaccines on stand-by. Maybe we'll see Jack Sears play...

If so, may he follow in Surratt’s footsteps and fulfill that long-ago dream of throwing his first Duke TD pass!

New week, new lineup.

Duke-Colorado to Sun Bowl: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    If so, may he follow in Surratt’s footsteps and fulfill that long-ago dream of throwing his first Duke TD pass!
    That would be good company....I think that Andrew Luck had one of those passes too. (He had many more for Stanford, however...)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    New week, new lineup.

Duke-Colorado to Sun Bowl: https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions
    Runs counter to the line of thinking of there are too many bowls already, it would be great if we could get a bowl in Durham (failing that, Raleigh or Chapel Hill would be ok, too).

I can’t imagine the stadium in Annapolis for the Military Bowl is much bigger than Wally Wade.

Yes, I know Belk Bowl in Charlotte.

I look at this very much like basketball season. To enhance your post season prospects win all of your non conference games. Mission accomplished. Next step is finishing high in the conference. The difference in football is Duke can have a disappointing conference record (only 2 wins) and go to a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

I can’t imagine the stadium in Annapolis for the Military Bowl is much bigger than Wally Wade.
    Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium seats 34,000 or 6,000 less than Wallace Wade Stadium.
    Bob Green

New week, new lineup.

They are dead set on us going to the Sun Bowl, aren't they?

As an aside, I love that the top seven threads right now are all about Duke football and the Wallace Wade experience.

New week, new lineup.

We could meet up with Mike MacIntyre who was Coach Cutcliffe's first DC at Duke. (MacIntyre was Assistant Coach of the Year in 2009.) Mike is in his 6th. year as HC at Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    We could meet up with Mike MacIntyre who was Coach Cutcliffe's first DC at Duke. (MacIntyre was Assistant Coach of the Year in 2009.) Mike is in his 6th. year as HC at Colorado.
    Also Kurt Roper's current stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Also Kurt Roper's current stop.
    Kurt v. Zac. Fun.

I remember when Cut came in and said he would try to build the best coaching staff in the country. Mike MacIntyre stood out to me because the prior season he had been a coach with the NY Jets. I knew that Cut wasn’t kidding about trying to do exactly what he promised.

Kurt v. Zac ...
    Hmmm, wonder what the first play from scrimmage will be, no matter who receives the opening kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Hmmm, wonder what the first play from scrimmage will be, no matter who receives the opening kick?
    HAH,I know what you're thinking. I'm wondering who will be the first to run a 4 yard pass play on 3rd and 7?

That said, Roper's call versus Texas A&M was a masterpiece...almost 700 total yards.

ESPN projects us to the Belk Bowl:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ections-week-4

Belk Bowl

Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
    Dec. 29, noon (ABC)

Bonagura: South Carolina vs. Duke
    Sherman: Mississippi State vs. Duke
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    If that happens, with SC, they might bring 50 thousand to Charlotte. Columbia is much closer to Charlotte anyway, and Rock Hill has a lot of Gamecock fans.