Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Much has been covered here. I just want to add that I hope Dom DeLuise and Burt are together again in some capacity. I enjoyed his carefree style, but the antics of those two in The End and Cannonball Run are what I will remember most fondly.
    I am sure they are together... and they are laughing.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    There's a great line from the movie "My Favorite Year", where Peter O'Toole, playing Alan Swann (a thinly disguised Errol Flynn well past his prime) is getting ready for an appearance on a 1950's live comedy TV show called "Comedy Cavalcade" starring King Kaiser (Joseph Bologna playing Sid Caesar hosting "Your Show of Shows"). As the time for the show approaches, Swann finds out that the performance will be live and in front of a studio audience, and he has a panic attack, and he says, "I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!"

Burt Reynolds wasn't an actor. He was a movie star.

Some skilled folks can be both - Meryl Streep, for example. Tom Hanks. Clark Gable. Marlon Brando. But there is a long tradition of movie stars that might occasionally rise to an acting challenge, but are mostly just movie stars. Errol Flynn. Gene Kelly. Sean Connery. Kevin Costner.

Reynolds was certainly an icon for a good decade or more - the biggest box office name in the late 70's for about four years running, if I recall correctly. He had a nice resurgence in the 90's as well and stayed in the pop culture stream with his 80's/90's TV appearances. He had a good run.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

A bit surprised that no one has mentioned "The Last Movie Star" (2017), which I saw a few months ago on DVD. With his death it is quite ironic, but a truly fitting coda to his career.

The title should tell you enough. I'm no JasonEvans, I'm afraid any attempt by me to tell you about the movie would give too much away. But I believe it is worth a recommendation and would be worth your time. A bonus is how quickly you can figure out where you know the female co-star from, she's well known for another role.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am sure they are together... and they are laughing.
    Thanks for that....I had forgotten how many mega stars were in Cannonball Run.