Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    The Duke-UNC game this year at Cameron were Zion got injured had a 13.0 rating in the Raleigh-Durham market. The ACC semifinals between Duke and UNC had a 9.7 rating in Raleigh (9.9 in Greenville). So, you're safe for this year at least.
    If the Canes advance to the finals, who knows? The problem is that the Triangle now has so many residents who didn't grow up in the ACC area and who have no personal connection to any of the ACC schools. It would be nice to get them involved with ACC sports but that's not likely to happen. Pro sports will be of more interest to them. If the population growth continues in the Triangle, we're likely to see more pro franchises. In another 10-20 years I'm sure that Raleigh will have a new arena downtown with an NBA franchise and that will be bad for the local ACC schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    The Duke-UNC game this year at Cameron were Zion got injured had a 13.0 rating in the Raleigh-Durham market. The ACC semifinals between Duke and UNC had a 9.7 rating in Raleigh (9.9 in Greenville). So, you're safe for this year at least.
    I believe that was just the rating for the ESPN broadcast for the first game. The ratings for the local broadcast nearly matched that.

The Men's Lacrosse game against Virginia averaged 184,000 viewers.

The first Baseball game against Texas A&M averaged 168,000 viewers.

From Sports Media Watch
    @paulsen_smw

Warriors-Raptors lowest rated NBA Finals Game 2 since 2007 (Cavs-Spurs opposite Sopranos finale), least-watched since 2008 (Lakers-Celtics):
    -- Record audience in Canada
    -- Neither Game 1 nor Game 2 has matched Zion Williamson's most recent game

The second game against Vanderbilt averaged 350,000 viewers. The portion of the third game that made it on television averaged 428,000 viewers.

Any TV ratings for the Zion Vegas show ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Any TV ratings for the Zion Vegas show ?
    Sports Media Watch:

Friday’s Pelicans-Knicks NBA Summer League game earned a 1.2 overnight rating on ESPN, up 200% from Mavericks-Suns in the same window last year (0.4) and the highest Summer League overnight on record. The game marked the NBA debut of #1 overall pick Zion Williamson, who played only the first half before being held out of the remainder of play due to injury. The game itself was called in the fourth quarter due to an earthquake.
    "Up 200%" is a weird way for saying triple. Zion's debut had triple the ratings of DeAndre Ayton's debut in 2018, and more than double the ratings of Lonzo Ball's debut in 2017.

How many viewers/households is this? No idea. The more I read about ratings, the less I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Sports Media Watch:

"Up 200%" is a weird way for saying triple. Zion's debut had triple the ratings of DeAndre Ayton's debut in 2018, and more than double the ratings of Lonzo Ball's debut in 2017.

How many viewers/households is this? No idea. The more I read about ratings, the less I understand.
    That rating means that on average, 1.2 percent of the households in the largest markets in the country had someone watching the game.

I hate overnight ratings, but they require the least work from Nielsen to process so they are always reported first and the rest of the media likes speed so they like to put those numbers out quickly. Unfortunately the holiday will prevent us from getting more detailed ratings for a few days. Also, we have no idea yet how much time ESPN wants to consider as being part of the end of the broadcast thanks to that earthquake so the numbers could be distorted.

1,613,000 viewers on average for the big Friday game. ESPN coded it as a two hour block so it includes half an hour or so of time after the earthquake.