Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 21, Northwestern 7

Duke opens as a 4-point underdog.

Time to focus on the next task at hand. LGD!!!!
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-02-2018 at 05:58 PM.

I'll be there cheering them on! Incidentally, it'll be an empty stadium. It's not a big draw to begin with and Northwestern doesn't start classes until September 27. I'm looking forward to being close to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I'll be there cheering them on! Incidentally, it'll be an empty stadium. It's not a big draw to begin with and Northwestern doesn't start classes until September 27. I'm looking forward to being close to the action.
    I'm going, too. Have been before, but a long time ago..back then it was a nice game to visit, NW fans are pleasant...we bought tickets for this one on Stub Hub for something like $9 (good seats)...

I'm watching from the best seats in the house...the Green Family couch in front of the big screen TV. Actually away games can be a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Syracuse a few years back and I've been to Charlottesville twice.

As for this week's game, I'm looking for consistency. Special teams being special, Daniel Jones being efficient, physical running game, defense controlling the line of scrimmage, etc...doing those things and value the football will result in a big road victory.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Duke opens as a 4-point underdog.
    SEZ WHO!? Devils by ten!
    Love, Ima

I'm kinda excited about NW having the dark unis on what will be a hot day probably....and having their program look bad with empty seats.

Will be there and bringing family. Go Duke!!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

They should let Chris Collins handle the coin flip.

Another team having trouble filling seats? Read here and you'd think Duke is the only school with that problem.

Current forecast for Saturday in Evanston: high around 72, 50% chance of rain

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Current forecast for Saturday in Evanston: high around 72, 50% chance of rain
    Thanks for the warning. I will be sure to pack a raincoat and brolly.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'Looking forward to seeing at least a few familiar Duke people'
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm going, too. Have been before, but a long time ago..back then it was a nice game to visit, NW fans are pleasant...we bought tickets for this one on Stub Hub for something like $9 (good seats)...
    What section?

I have "unofficial" notification that our seats are $6 each.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I will be sure to pack a raincoat and brolly.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'Looking forward to seeing at least a few familiar Duke people'
    With several days until kickoff, the forecast may change by game day! I'd prefer a cooler day, but without the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    What section?

I have "unofficial" notification that our seats are $6 each.
    I realize you didn't ask me, but I'm in section 106. I think that is the Duke side of the field, which is why I chose it. I did splurge the extra $3 (for a whopping $9/ticket + fees...) for 30-yard line seats in the first 15 rows... although I'm sure everyone can easily move closer but figured it was worth just getting them. They still have lower level tickets available through the box office.. And they are asking $40.

I realize you didn't ask me, but I'm in section 106. I think that is the Duke side of the field, which is why I chose it. I did splurge the extra $3 (for a whopping $9/ticket + fees...) for 30-yard line seats in the first 15 rows... although I'm sure everyone can easily move closer but figured it was worth just getting them. They still have lower level tickets available through the box office.. And they are asking $40.

Oops, sorry .

Our younger son-in-law sent my wife a cryptic text tonight with 10 seats available in Section 132, lower level for $6 each. His follow-up text was 10 seats available in Section 133, lower level for $6.66, a positively devil-ish price. I haven't looked at those locations yet but will try to post tomorrow after we have a devildeac family discussion tonight and/or in the AM about our selection.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Oops, sorry .

Our younger son-in-law sent my wife a cryptic text tonight with 10 seats available in Section 132, lower level for $6 each. His follow-up text was 10 seats available in Section 133, lower level for $6.66, a positively devil-ish price. I haven't looked at those locations yet but will try to post tomorrow after we have a devildeac family discussion tonight and/or in the AM about our selection.
    Need y’all to bring home a win for me. Will be visiting DaughterPK in Tuscaloosa. Tide game probably starts about the time Duke ends, so will be testing my cell phone reception to stream our game. LGD!!!!!!!

Why do they start so late? In this day and age, I've never heard of a college starting so late in September.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Why do they start so late? In this day and age, I've never heard of a college starting so late in September.
    Quarter system: Northwestern, Stanford, U. of Denver and a bunch of others. Ten week quarter with exams around T'giving.
    Sage Grouse

... $6.66, a positively devil-ish price ...
    Guess it'll be hellish for NU ...

According to a couple different pages I found on the web, the official visiting team area is in the NW corner (sections 134-136). I would assume this covers tickets allocated to away teams and likely available through the Duke ticket office in this case.

Anyway, it seems they have a lot of problems with visiting big ten crowds disrupting their environment and TV shots, so they came up with a scheme to change the home side of the stadium on a game by game basis.