Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

17 point spread?

Did I read somewhere that Carolina was favored by 17 over ECU? So they lost against the spread by 39 points? How often does THAT happen?

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch ...

Howard

Howard be thy name 💙💙🥃🥃🥃

money, under no circumstances, hinders the heels in ANYTHING they want to do...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Torches and pitchforks out at Inside Carolina, most entertaining reading. Central Florida is going to squash them like bugs.

I'm still laughing at Larry Fedora's utterly inane comments at the ACC press doo-dah.

Larry probably should have taken off a few years ago while he still had market value.

UNC’s immediate upcoming schedule:

#18 UCF
    Pitt
    @ #21 Miami
    (Bye)
    #13 VT
    @ Syracuse

2-3 would be a success.

Fedora has a crazy big buyout, agreed. But UNC didn’t lie, cheat, and spend $18M in attorney’s fees to field this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    UNC’s immediate upcoming schedule:

#18 UCF
    Pitt
    @ #21 Miami
    (Bye)
    #13 VT
    @ Syracuse

2-3 would be a success.

Fedora has a crazy big buyout, agreed. But UNC didn’t lie, cheat, and spend $18M in attorney’s fees to field this crap.
    I think 0-4-1 would be a huge success for Fedora. Of course, pulling out a tie nearly impossible without the apocalypse.

2-3 would be a success.

Dictionary definition of understatement right there. Literally.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Did I read somewhere that Carolina was favored by 17 over ECU? So they lost against the spread by 39 points? How often does THAT happen?

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch ...

Howard
    The spreads were kind of between 14.5 and 17....and of course none of them were close. Probably made bulletin board material for the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I don't know about a 50m severance package, but according to David Glenn, his buy out is so expensive he'll survive this year regardless. I'm not convinced of that...just reporting what a pretty decent source says.
    This guy is dirty enough. Perhaps they could bring him back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B...ican_football)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

... But UNC didn’t lie, cheat, and spend $18M in attorney’s fees to field this crap.
    Agreed -- they did it for the children. It's all about the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Agreed -- they did it for the children. It's all about the kids.
    I though it was all about the bass. (As opposed to the treble, not a different species of fish)

I though it was all about the bass. (As opposed to the treble, not a different species of fish)
    Their HC is one letter short of a “bass.”
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Their HC is one letter short of a “bass.”
    “You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Tripping William again.”

This is what happens when someone is en fuego.

Fedora 7-11

Cut 11-12 if I'm counting correctly: http://www.goduke.com/fls/4200/media...DB_OEM_ID=4200

But Cut started rough and making up ground.

Yeah, but he has great arms.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I think 0-4-1 would be a huge success for Fedora. Of course, pulling out a tie nearly impossible without the apocalypse.
    The tie, no doubt, being the cancellation of this weekend’s game due to the hurricane and then being “too busy with school exams” to reschedule it.

May be the best way to avoid the L.

gotta love unc's sense of timing..in the Spring of 2017 they give the man a contract extension thru 2022; he promptly goes 3-9 in 2017, now they are stuck with the guy unless they pony up $16 million to buy him out.

Meanwhile, for grins, check out his wikipedia entry before someone changes it..the last paragraph is a nice description of his unhinged comments about generals, football and decline of America due to new kickoff rules..

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    gotta love unc's sense of timing..in the Spring of 2017 they give the man a contract extension thru 2022; he promptly goes 3-9 in 2017, now they are stuck with the guy unless they pony up $16 million to buy him out.

Meanwhile, for grins, check out his wikipedia entry before someone changes it..the last paragraph is a nice description of his unhinged comments about generals, football and decline of America due to new kickoff rules..
    Thanks for the heads-up. Before it is changed:

In the summer of 2018, Fedora criticized the proposed changes to the kickoff rule in football. He stated that "Our game is under attack" and compared threats to football to American politics by expressing that he "fear[s] that the game will get pushed so far to one extreme that you won’t recognize it 10 years from now. And I do believe that if it gets to that point, our country goes down, too.” He then relayed a story where he purportedly asked a three-star general what makes America's military the "greatest" on earth. The general replied "That’s easy. We’re the only football-playing nation in the world." The Guardian called Fedora's statements "a masterful performance, mixing Trumpian denial of scientific fact with a folkloric evocation of football’s holy role as the guarantor of American greatness. In one short burst, Fedora became the sensation of the footballing off-season."[18] In the second game of the season the Tar Heels lost 43-19 to 121st-ranked East Carolina, beginning speculation that Fedora's tenure at Carolina was rapidly coming to an end.[19]

^ it really is a splendidly written paragraph...thanks for putting it up, sir...