Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    After watching the, umm, effort out of Buffalo's starter today, I'll go ahead and say quite confidently that Trubisky isn't the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    I might just stream available defenses based on who's playing the Bills for the rest of the season...

How many fantasy teams could get wrecked again this year if Rodgers is out ?

Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    How many fantasy teams could get wrecked again this year if Rodgers is out ?
    Or won when he came back...

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I might just stream available defenses based on who's playing the Bills for the rest of the season...
    I'm thinking the same thing. Both of my fantasy teams should win by the end of tonight. My Redskins won and played well. The Cowboys (the UNCheat of the NFL) lost and the Giants lost. A great first week. A few other thoughts:

• Wow did the Bills suck yesterday. McCoy being that bad is going to cost one of my fantasy teams.
    • I'll have to replace D.Walker at TE
    • What do I do with Doug Baldwin? He was going to be a strong WR3/Flex for me.
    • Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the NFL. Where did he play his college ball? Oh yeah, he's a Cheater. I hope every pass he ever throws in incomplete and that includes just passing the salt at the dinner table. Also hope that he fumbles every single time he runs with the ball. AAArrrrrggghhhh!!!!! 9F

Three of the worst feelings in all of sports-fandom:

-Any loss to 9f
    -Watching 9f win anything of importance
    -Losing in fantasy football when your team scores the 2nd most points by a wide margin

Unless Gurley goes down in flames tonight, I'm going to open the season 1-3 in my 4 leagues. Two of the three losses would beaten any of the other 10 teams in each league.

Also, as a Bears fan, at no point in the 2nd half did I doubt AR would find a way to somehow win the game. There's been plenty of games that have ripped my heart out, but this wasn't one of them... If anything I'm just excited to feel any emotion for the Bears again!

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Three of the worst feelings in all of sports-fandom:

-Any loss to 9f
    -Watching 9f win anything of importance
    -Losing in fantasy football when your team scores the 2nd most points by a wide margin

Unless Gurley goes down in flames tonight, I'm going to open the season 1-3 in my 4 leagues. Two of the three losses would beaten any of the other 10 teams in each league.

Also, as a Bears fan, at no point in the 2nd half did I doubt AR would find a way to somehow win the game. There's been plenty of games that have ripped my heart out, but this wasn't one of them... If anything I'm just excited to feel any emotion for the Bears again!
    I'm shaping up to go 3-0 this week, despite starting Marquise Goodwin in one league (luckily I also started Kamara) and Doug Baldwin in another (where I happened to also have Tyreke Hill). Hill also helped me overcome LeSean McCoy's poor performance in the third league.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Both of my fantasy teams should win by the end of tonight. My Redskins won and played well. The Cowboys (the UNCheat of the NFL) lost and the Giants lost. A great first week. A few other thoughts:

• Wow did the Bills suck yesterday. McCoy being that bad is going to cost one of my fantasy teams.
    • I'll have to replace D.Walker at TE
    • What do I do with Doug Baldwin? He was going to be a strong WR3/Flex for me.
    • Trubisky is clearly not the worst QB in the NFL. Where did he play his college ball? Oh yeah, he's a Cheater. I hope every pass he ever throws in incomplete and that includes just passing the salt at the dinner table. Also hope that he fumbles every single time he runs with the ball. AAArrrrrggghhhh!!!!! 9F
    I was intentionally avoiding McCoy in all drafts (because of age and the Bills being awful more than the suspension risk) but he fell so far in one that I couldn't help myself. Wishing I would have stuck to my guns there.

Baldwin is interesting...I'm waiting to see a good timeline for him but might legitimately consider dropping him if it is more than a few weeks given he already had injury concerns with his other knee. Depends on other injuries and how things shake out when I start hitting bye weeks.

Had a guy offer me Brandon Marshall for Doug Baldwin straight up. Any thoughts? I of course took Baldwin thinking that the upside would be worth it if he were healthy enough, but now he's clearly missing some time and might be limited all season between the two separate knee issues. I am at the bottom of the waiver wire (#10 out of 10) so unlikely to get any of the good targets this week (Ginn, Godwin, Enunwa, Jackson are the only interesting players available) .

Current WR situation:

WR1: Tyreke Hill
    WR2: Josh Gordon
    WR3: Robbie Anderson (formerly Doug Baldwin)

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Had a guy offer me Brandon Marshall for Doug Baldwin straight up. Any thoughts? I of course took Baldwin thinking that the upside would be worth it if he were healthy enough, but now he's clearly missing some time and might be limited all season between the two separate knee issues. I am at the bottom of the waiver wire (#10 out of 10) so unlikely to get any of the good targets this week (Ginn, Godwin, Enunwa, Jackson are the only interesting players available) .

Current WR situation:

Bench: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb
    To me that's not remotely tempting. You don't really need him because he will never be a better option than your 2nd and 3rd options so keeping Baldwin is a higher upside move.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

My work league (for money) was a heartbreaker. Only way I could feasibly lose was for the Rams defense to get a td and Amari Cooper to simultaneously suck it up... yeah. Great outcome for the other guy.

My friends league I went against the guy who scored 160 in a standard scoring system... Everyone on his team seemed to have over 10 points and multiple guys over 20.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    To me that's not remotely tempting. You don't really need him because he will never be a better option than your 2nd and 3rd options so keeping Baldwin is a higher upside move.
    Yeah, as I thought about it on the way home I realized I didn't like the trade at all, not much different from dropping Baldwin for someone on waivers.

What about Baldwin straight up for Allen Robinson, or pairing James Conner and Baldwin to the Bell owner for Diggs (which would effectively replace Conner with Diggs in my starting lineup and give me some WR depth)?

My work league (for money) was a heartbreaker. Only way I could feasibly lose was for the Rams defense to get a td and Amari Cooper to simultaneously suck it up... yeah. Great outcome for the other guy.

My friends league I went against the guy who scored 160 in a standard scoring system... Everyone on his team seemed to have over 10 points and multiple guys over 20.
    Yikes! Although...I spent the entire preseason telling people to avoid Cooper at all costs. He is going to get a ton of volume, fail to produce, and they'll eventually start to go away from him. He'll have a couple amazing games, but it won't matter because he'll be on everyone's bench after going for <5 points over and over again leading up to them. Start scouring for WR options, you're going to need alternatives.

1-0 and I was the league high scorer this week...thank you Randall Cobb! I was also able to pick up James Conner on waivers today.

Yeah, as I thought about it on the way home I realized I didn't like the trade at all, not much different from dropping Baldwin for someone on waivers.

What about Baldwin straight up for Allen Robinson, or pairing James Conner and Baldwin to the Bell owner for Diggs (which would effectively replace Conner with Diggs in my starting lineup and give me some WR depth)?
    Whats the scoring system and who else do you have at runningback and wr?

Whats the scoring system and who else do you have at runningback and wr?
    Half point PPR. 3 WR, 2 RB, Flex

RB1: David Johnson
    RB2: Dalvin Cook
    Flex: James Conner (would be Diggs/Anderson if I made the trade probably)

Bench WR: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn Jr.
    Bench RB: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram

I feel like I have a ton of dart throw WR with upside, but nobody that I feel legitimately comfortable with on a week-week basis outside of Hill. Getting someone like Diggs gives me confidence at WR1/2 and lets me play my upside guys at WR3 and Flex instead of WR2/3 (and Flex if Conner falls off or Bell comes back). I'm also not confident that Baldwin will be especially usable even when he returns.
    Last edited by Acymetric; 09-12-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I was also able to pick up James Conner on waivers today.
    No offense, but that says more about the quality of the managers in your league than it does about the savvy of your waiver wire moves. How on Earth was James Connor not owned in your league coming into week one?!?! Were all of you in some kind of bunker for the past month so you did not know about Le'Veon Bell's holdout?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    No offense, but that says more about the quality of the managers in your league than it does about the savvy of your waiver wire moves. How on Earth was James Connor not owned in your league coming into week one?!?! Were all of you in some kind of bunker for the past month so you did not know about Le'Veon Bell's holdout?
    I do think that this is a group that is newer to fantasy football, let's be nice

I do think that this is a group that is newer to fantasy football, let's be nice
    Sorry, you are right. I think Duke fans should have been especially aware of what a beast Connor was given when he did to Duke the past few years.

Freshman 2013 - 26 carries, 173 yards, 6.7 yards per carry, 1 TD
    Soph 2014 - 38 carries, 263 yards, 6.9 yards per carry, 3 TDs
    Junior 2015 - injured, thanks god!
    Senior 2016 - 14 carries, 101 yards, 7.2 yards per carry, 2 TDs

-Jason "thank goodness he has no more eligibility left!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Half point PPR. 3 WR, 2 RB, Flex

RB1: David Johnson
    RB2: Dalvin Cook
    Flex: James Conner (would be Diggs/Anderson if I made the trade probably)

Bench WR: Doug Baldwin, Keelan Cole, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn Jr.
    Bench RB: Chris Carson, Mark Ingram

I feel like I have a ton of dart throw WR with upside, but nobody that I feel legitimately comfortable with on a week-week basis outside of Hill. Getting someone like Diggs gives me confidence at WR1/2 and lets me play my upside guys at WR3 and Flex instead of WR2/3 (and Flex if Conner falls off or Bell comes back). I'm also not confident that Baldwin will be especially usable even when he returns.
    I might make that trade then.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hahaha it is definitely not a league for football fanatics but it is a fairly level playing field so still fun!

Crowdsourcing line up advice. Full point PPR, need 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 flex.

Here is what I’m thinking

RB - Kareem Hunt, Isaiah Crowell
    WR - D Hopkins, A Theilen, M Crabtree
    TE - Jack Doyle

Bench
    Phillip Lindsay
    Alex Collins
    Jay Ajayi
    Randall Cobb
    Tyler Lockett
    Jimmy Graham

Based on last week I should start Cobb, but not sure of Rodgers status. Ajayi and Lindsay outperformed Hunt last week but think I still need to start him. Any sage advice?