Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL Fantasy Football 2018-2019

Had my first draft tonight. I'll post results tomorrow. Last year we had a thread that was used to post draft results, ask about possible trades, let us know when you won your league (I won one of my leagues and finished 10 of 12 in the other), etc. Hopefully this thread will be lively and fun. Good luck to you all. My next draft is in a week, the night before the season kicks off.

Draft Results

Here is the team I drafted Wed night. I was picking 9th in a 12 team standard (non-PPR) league with no keepers. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1D, 1K.

I was pretty happy that Fournette was available for my first pick. In the second round, I was hoping for Keenan Allen but he was picked one spot before me so I had to 'settle' for AJ Green.

I drafted Josh Doctson a little early in hopes that he has a break out year (plus, he's a great red zone target). Plus I'm a Redskins fan. Not sure what I'll do with Dak. I've never kept a Cowboys player on my team before. My friend that chose Allen managed to draft 2 QB's with the same bye week so I may use Dak as trade bait (although I might break down and use him if he's killing it).

Flying Elvises

Round Pick Player Position
    1. (9) Leonard Fournette RB
    2. (16) A.J. Green WR
    3. (33) LeSean McCoy RB
    4. (40) Demaryius Thomas WR
    5. (57) Brandin Cooks WR
    6. (64) Marshawn Lynch RB
    7. (81) Kirk Cousins QB
    8. (88) Delanie Walker TE
    9. (105) Randall Cobb WR
    10. (112) Josh Doctson WR
    11. (129) Duke Johnson Jr. RB
    12. (136) Dak Prescott QB
    13. (153) Tyler Eifert TE
    14. (160) Ty Montgomery RB
    15. (177) Chicago DEF
    16. (184) Mason Crosby K

My other league drafts next Wednesday. In that league, I'll have 2 keepers. Keenan Allen will cost me my 2nd round pick and Deshaun Watson (Clemson) will cost me the 15th round pick. It's a PPR league (where QB's get a point per completion and -1 per incompletion...and thus are more important than most leagues). I pick 2nd and Todd Gurley is someone's keeper so I'll have the opportunity to draft a really good RB (Bell, Johnson, Zeke <-- not sure if I can do this).

Looking forward to the season starting after these horrible week 4 pre-season games end.

Which QBs were still on the board when you took Cousins in the 7th round? I'm just wondering. I think Kirk is a good starting QB in fantasy this year (esp in a 12 team league). He is pretty certain to have better receivers in Minny than he did in Washington (with all due respect to our boy Crowder).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I like that squad, although I might have hoped to take someone else besides McCoy in the 3rd.

I Love how I can always count on DBR to educate me on whatever topic I'm interested in at the moment. Last season I joined my first Fantasy League which is an all female league of high school teachers and coaches. Last year we auto-drafted so this season was my first crack at a fantasy draft.

It's a 10 team league, PPR, start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex, 1 Super Flex, 1 K, 1D. This is what I ended up with:

Round Player Position
    1 David Johnson RB
    2 AJ Green WR
    3 Kenyan Drake RB
    4 Jimmy Graham TE
    5 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR
    6 Kirk Cousins QB
    7 Randall Cobb WR
    8 Ben Roethlisberger QB
    9 Chris Thompson RB
    10 Jordy Nelson WR
    11 Julian Edelman WR
    12 Evan Engram TE
    13 Marquise Lee WR
    14 Pittsburgh D
    15 Matt Bryant K

I got the waivers thing down but didn't execute any trades last year. I don't know if anybody in the league did, we're all still learning

Glad you're enjoying fantasy. One piece of advice, Marquise Lee is out for the season, so drop him and add someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Glad you're enjoying fantasy. One piece of advice, Marquise Lee is out for the season, so drop him and add someone else!
    Yep, we drafted before his injury. I dropped him and grabbed Keelan Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Yep, we drafted before his injury. I dropped him and grabbed Keelan Cole.
    Nice! My draft is in a few hours...can't wait!

Nice! My draft is in a few hours...can't wait!
    My second of 3 is in 1 hour. I like-ish my first team, but hoping for better with this one.

Well...I really like my starting lineup but don't love my bench.

QB - Cam Newton
    WR - Tyreke Hill
    WR - Doug Baldwin
    WR - Josh Gordon
    RB - David Johnson
    RB - Dalvin Cook
    TE - Tre Burton
    Flex - Chris Carson
    K - Justin Tucker
    DEF - Panthers

Bench:
    Mark Ingram (RB)
    Robbie Anderson (WR)
    DJ Moore (WR)
    Keelan Cole (WR)
    Kelvin Benjamin (WR)
    James Conner (RB)

Tempted to drop Conner for Marlon Mack who went undrafted but not quite convinced.

Two of my three drafts are done.

First one was a 10-team standard:
    QB - Cousins
    RB - Hunt
    RB - Cook
    WR - ARob
    WR - Marvin Jones
    TE: Doyle
    DEF: Pats
    K: Bryant
    Bench:
    Cooks
    Ingram
    Jeffery
    Morris
    Mack
    Doctson
    Eifert

Tonight’s draft (10 team PPR)
    QB: Smith
    RB: DJohnson
    RB: McCaffrey
    WR: Cooper
    WR: ARob
    TE: Walker
    DEF: Bears
    K: Prater
    Bench:
    CDavis
    Funchess
    Jeffery
    Crowell
    JReed
    Mack
    AJones

In the first draft, I waited one round too long at TE. In tonight’s, I probably went one round earlier than I would have too avoid the same mistake. But, fairly pleased with each team for now.

I wouldn't worry about having Doyle at TE, solid late round pick. Would suggest hawking the waivers for WR though, biggest concern for both rosters IMO.

Will add that I'm extremely jealous you got to pair DJ and CMC...killer RB setup.

I should add I forgot my FLEX: Royce Freeman in the first league, McCoy in last night’s league.

I wouldn't worry about having Doyle at TE, solid late round pick. Would suggest hawking the waivers for WR though, biggest concern for both rosters IMO.
    Yeah, admittedly that was always the downside of going RB/RB/RB. I was picking from the 2nd/3rd tier of WRs from the getgo. I am not worried at WR per se, but it will likely be the weaker part of my team. Especially in the first league. In that one, I will need Jeffery to get healthy or Cooks to shine in LA to boost me. I doubt there will be a waiver add that cracks my top 4 at WR though - just going to have to hope guys hit, or hope to make up the difference at RB.

I am happier in the PPR league at WR. I think Cooper will be a target monster this year, same for Funchess. I am hoping for a big year from Davis in year 2 and Robinson in a revamped Chicago offense. And again the wild card in Jeffery.

But in both, I am really only looking for two guys to hit, because I will be playing 3 RBs pretty much every week.

Will add that I'm extremely jealous you got to pair DJ and CMC...killer RB setup.
    Yeah, that was crazy good luck. I was picking sixth, and 3-5 took Zeke, Brown, and Kamara. So I gladly scooped up DJ and was happy to take CMC at 15 in PPR.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Which QBs were still on the board when you took Cousins in the 7th round? I'm just wondering. I think Kirk is a good starting QB in fantasy this year (esp in a 12 team league). He is pretty certain to have better receivers in Minny than he did in Washington (with all due respect to our boy Crowder).
    Jason, here's how QB drafting went:

Brees- 3rd round
    Rodgers - 4
    Cam - 4
    Brady - 4
    Wilson - 5
    Watson - 5
    Stafford - 7
    Cousins - 7 <-- me
    Wentz -7
    Rivers - 8
    Garappolo - 8
    Rothlisb. - 8
    Mahomes - 11
    Luck - 11
    Mariota - 11 (I wasn't falling for his fools gold again)
    Ryan - 11 (2nd QB behind Rivers)
    Goff - 12
    Smith - 12
    Prescott - 12
    Carr - 14
    Bortles - 16
    Manning - 16

I've talked with my friend about trading Prescott (a Cowboy) to him for Ryan because Ryan and Rivers have the same bye week (he screwed up). As much as I hate the Cowboys and almost never have them on my roster (like 2 times in over 20 years), I may have to see how Prescott does and either hold my nose and play him or get a better trade if he's doing well. As for the draft, looking at the QB's taken after Cousins, the only one that I really might have taken as high as the 7th round was Rivers).

I like that squad, although I might have hoped to take someone else besides McCoy in the 3rd.
    I rolled the dice on McCoy. If I remember correctly he was just the best choice...and I was looking for another choice at RB. I hate being weak at RB so I didn't want to wait on a RB at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The problem with Kirk though is now he's on a team with a great defense and a great runningback. So a good defense and a good run game means he's gonna get less oppurtunity for yards and maybe even tds.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Two of my three drafts are done.

First one was a 10-team standard:
    QB - Cousins
    RB - Hunt
    RB - Cook
    WR - ARob
    WR - Marvin Jones
    TE: Doyle
    DEF: Pats
    K: Bryant
    Bench:
    Cooks
    Ingram
    Jeffery
    Morris
    Mack
    Doctson
    Eifert

Tonight’s draft (10 team PPR)
    QB: Smith
    RB: DJohnson
    RB: McCaffrey
    WR: Cooper
    WR: ARob
    TE: Walker
    DEF: Bears
    K: Prater
    Bench:
    CDavis
    Funchess
    Jeffery
    Crowell
    JReed
    Mack
    AJones

In the first draft, I waited one round too long at TE. In tonight’s, I probably went one round earlier than I would have too avoid the same mistake. But, fairly pleased with each team for now.
    That's an insane ppr team! I really hate ARob though. Bears will most likely finish dead last in passing but I love the upside of Davis at wr.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I Love how I can always count on DBR to educate me on whatever topic I'm interested in at the moment. Last season I joined my first Fantasy League which is an all female league of high school teachers and coaches. Last year we auto-drafted so this season was my first crack at a fantasy draft.

It's a 10 team league, PPR, start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1 Flex, 1 Super Flex, 1 K, 1D. This is what I ended up with:

Round Player Position
    1 David Johnson RB
    2 AJ Green WR
    3 Kenyan Drake RB
    4 Jimmy Graham TE
    5 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR
    6 Kirk Cousins QB
    7 Randall Cobb WR
    8 Ben Roethlisberger QB
    9 Chris Thompson RB
    10 Jordy Nelson WR
    11 Julian Edelman WR
    12 Evan Engram TE
    13 Marquise Lee WR
    14 Pittsburgh D
    15 Matt Bryant K

I got the waivers thing down but didn't execute any trades last year. I don't know if anybody in the league did, we're all still learning
    A super flex, regular flex, plus 3 wrs? That's some tough drafting right there! Perhaps your a Jimmy Graham fan but 4th rd seems crazy early to me and more so since this is ppr where he isn't a ppr type of guy. I bet Graham almost never starts over your other tight end. I would have passed on tight end until you had at minimum 2 qbs, 3 rbs and 4 wrs unless you could have gotten Gronk in round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    That's an insane ppr team! I really hate ARob though. Bears will most likely finish dead last in passing but I love the upside of Davis at wr.
    I think the Bears will be a much better passing offense this year than they were last year. New coaching staff, new offense (they are taking KC's offense since their head coach and OC is the former OC in KC), better personnel. Totally different gameplan than last year. I think the biggest recipient of the new offense will be Trey Burton, but I think they'll get their WRs MUCH more involved than last year's 1970's offense. I'm hoping that ARob gets close to the WR1 share of KC's offense in Chicago.

Now, I don't expect the Bears to have as good an offensive season as KC did last year. But I'd be quick shocked if they were anywhere near the bottom in passing.