Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Yeah, a tie eliminates you b/c it's not a win. I went out on a Philly tie a few years ago.

Kudos to NFL memes who posted "Only the Browns could end a losing streak without technically winning."

They also noted that Cleveland was on pace for a 0-0-16 season

I survived in both - Baltimore over Buffalo and Green Bay over Chicago, although the latter was incredibly close. A buddy of mine was a Chicago fan and posted a graphic at halftime showing how all the prognosticators picked GB to win pregame. It was captioned "That's why they play the game!" Responses have been glorious. Best one so far is "That's why they play the ENTIRE game."
    My favorite quote came from The Ringer: "The Browns are off to their best start since 2004 with an 0-0-1 record."

Ben Rothlisberger is the winningest QB in the history of the Browns stadium.

I survived!

L.A. Rams 34, Arizona 0.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I survived!

L.A. Rams 34, Arizona 0.
    Everyone in the no strike pool won with LA - and one if those LAs was the Chargers.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Everyone in the no strike pool won with LA - and one if those LAs was the Chargers.
    Sometimes I follow the beat of a different drummer.

It is becoming rapidly clear that "bet against the Bills and Cardinals" is a good strategy. Vontae Davis retiring at halftime of the Bills game is the craziest thing I have heard all season!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is becoming rapidly clear that "bet against the Bills and Cardinals" is a good strategy. Vontae Davis retiring at halftime of the Bills game is the craziest thing I have heard all season!
    Minnesota has opened up as 17(!) point favorites over Buffalo. That's a college line. I can't remember the last time I saw a 17-point line in an NFL game.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Minnesota has opened up as 17(!) point favorites over Buffalo. That's a college line. I can't remember the last time I saw a 17-point line in an NFL game.
    If the Cardinals were playing someone better than that Bears, I bet they would be a huge underdog too. Arizona has been outscored 58-6 on the year so far. Ouch!

But, yeah, Buffalo is terrible.

Dec 5, 1976 - the Steelers were a 27 point favorite over the Tampa Bay Bucs (who were an expansion team and would go on to lose every game that season). Pitt won 42-0. That's the biggest line in NFL history, I believe.

The 2007 Patriots, arguably the greatest regular season team of all time, were favored by 20+points several times that season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Arizona made me think my Redskins were going to be good this season.

didn't take long for reality to slap me in the face, though. How bad is this Arizona team?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Is there a link that would take me directly to our groups? It is always an adventure for me to get to the proper place to make my picks. I get to the overview page and it asks me to sign in if I'm already in a group. However, according to the upper right corner of the screen, I am signed in. If I click on the sign in - it doesn't take me anywhere. I think I have just out-stubborned it in prior weeks. Any suggestions?

eta - I managed to out-stubborn it again.

Is there a link that would take me directly to our groups? It is always an adventure for me to get to the proper place to make my picks. I get to the overview page and it asks me to sign in if I'm already in a group. However, according to the upper right corner of the screen, I am signed in. If I click on the sign in - it doesn't take me anywhere. I think I have just out-stubborned it in prior weeks. Any suggestions?

No-strike league
    One-strike league

I agree that Yahoo's access to the league pages is weirdly labyrinthine.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    No-strike league
    One-strike league

If you have the Yahoo Fantasy Sports app, it’s a lot easier. I have it on my phone & iPad (both Apple products so I don’t know about the app on other platforms).

No-strike league
    One-strike league

My hero!

Cleveland for the win!

Is everyone on Minnesota this week? Feels like such an obvious pick...

I'm a master of the obvious. Of course, that's why I am already out of the real competition.

Don't look now...

Don't look now...
    Ugh!
    Bob Green

Don't look now...
    Rut roh. 🤬

Sooo did anyone NOT pick Minnesota?