Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    With Cleveland looking like they may not be total trash this season, it promises to be a much more difficult season of picking games.

-Jason "search for the suck...that is how to win Survivor Football" Evans
    Bills will be bad. I am also prepared for Tampa and Oakland to implode (for different reasons). Kind of hard to believe in Miami as well, lost some pieces and didn't seem to gain much this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Nope.
    Look again and I bet you can figure out what it means.
    It was embarrassing when I looked again. First time, I keyed right in on the 919 and 10 total digits so all my mind processed was NC phone number.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It was embarrassing when I looked again. First time, I keyed right in on the 919 and 10 total digits so all my mind processed was NC phone number.
    Funny, that has never occurred to me before, even though I use that sequence of numbers for other applications from time to time.
    If I still lived in the Triangle, I'd try my darnedest to get the phone number 919-201-1015, even though it'll be obsolete come April.

Funny, that has never occurred to me before, even though I use that sequence of numbers for other applications from time to time.
    If I still lived in the Triangle, I'd try my darnedest to get the phone number 919-201-1015, even though it'll be obsolete come April.
    You could work in an office where your number was 919-201-1015, extension #18.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You could work in an office where your number was 919-201-1015, extension #18.

Would anyone be interested in a season-long fake-money gambling contest for the NFL (similar to how we do it for college basketball)?

Or would that be just too many contests for the NFL season?

Please give me some input. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a season-long fake-money gambling contest for the NFL (similar to how we do it for college basketball)?

Or would that be just too many contests for the NFL season?

Please give me some input. Thanks!
    I'd prefer to lose my fake dollars betting on college football.
    Bob Green

BTTT. We have 12 players signed up so far, not even half of what we typically have (around 30 people in most years, IIRC). Get signed up, y'all!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    All right - I'm in. I no longer watch NFL games but that probably won't be a hindrance for participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    All right - I'm in. I no longer watch NFL games but that probably won't be a hindrance for participation.
    The only NFL game I've watched in the last three seasons was the 2017 Super Bowl, and I won last year's Survivor, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The only NFL game I've watched in the last three seasons was the 2017 Super Bowl, and I won last year's Survivor, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sorry about that.

I watched the 4th Quarter of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sorry about that.

I watched the 4th Quarter of that game.
    The nice thing is that I don’t care about that game at all. It’s just a hilariously Atlanta thing.

The season starts tonight! Sign up! We're still only at about half the number of players I remember in recent years.

The season starts tonight! Sign up! We're still only at about half the number of players I remember in recent years.
    Tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    Tonight?
    Oops, tomorrow. Falcons vs. Eagles is the reg season kickoff (not that I'll be watching ).

I'll see if I can break my record and last past Week 3. #Sixburgh #GotRings?

So apparently I won the DBR survivor league in '15? I do not remember doing this...was that the year that a bunch of people all lost at the same time because of some huge upset?

Picks are in. For some reason, I insist on making different picks in the no strike and 1-strike pools each week (either spreading risk or doubling my chances to make a stupid decision). Anyone else follow this approach?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Picks are in. For some reason, I insist on making different picks in the no strike and 1-strike pools each week (either spreading risk or doubling my chances to make a stupid decision). Anyone else follow this approach?
    I usually make different picks because I'm more willing to take risks in the 1-strike pool (until I get my first strike) which makes things easier later in the season. I go safer in the no-strike league.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I used to. Now my pick is the same in both. Chalk it up to laziness.