John McCain's brain cancer

John McCain has discontinued treatment for his brain cancer. I fear he is not long for this world:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Q5z?li=BBnb7Kz

The family's statement:

“Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment."

God speed to a personal idol.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    John McCain has discontinued treatment for his brain cancer. I fear he is not long for this world:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Q5z?li=BBnb7Kz

The family's statement:

“Last summer, Senator John McCain shared with Americans the news our family already knew: he had been diagnosed with an aggressive glioblastoma, and the prognosis was serious. In the year since, John has surpassed expectations for his survival. But the progress of disease and the inexorable advance of age render their verdict. With his usual strength of will, he has now chosen to discontinue medical treatment."
    Sobering and pretty clear statement. McCain seems like the last member of the generation of politicians that are/were respected by both sides of the aisle. I didn't agree with a lot of his stances or methods, but I never doubted his dedication to making our country as good as it can be. And obviously, his military service deserves the unbridled respect of all.
    Let's go Duke!

I wish there were more Americans with McCain's sense of service and sacrifice.

He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dreaded, expected news, for an extremely admirable man whose admiration for this country was unswerving throughout his distinguished career in public service.