Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Woods goes 8-under on the round and currently sits in first. He's making sure he gets to East Lake. He was 7-under through 10 but then parred 5 in a row. He went birdie, bogey, birdie in his final three holes. Regardless, this is almost certainly his most impressive round in several years.

Xander Schauffele, who also needs a good week to make it to Atlanta, is 7-under.

Rory, who would need a bad weekend and the bad luck of several lower ranked players playing really well, is also at 7-under, tied for 2nd.

Things not going as well for Snedeker. He's 1-over and in 57th place. He's pretty likely to miss Atlanta unless he really steps it up. Meanwhile, Phil celebrated his Ryder Cup selection by shooting 3-over... only Adam Scott and Mark Lieshman are worse on the day. Ugh.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Throw back Thursday! Woods goes back to his trusty Cameron putter, and Rory has been working on finding his teenage swing. Both certainly played like it was 2008 yesterday. Hope they can keep it up as I'd love to see a Tiger/Rory final round showdown.

Schauffele has made an early charge on Friday, and sits with a 3-stroke lead over a big pack of folks including Woods, McIlroy, JT, Rose, and Matsuyama.

Woods and McIlroy have sputtered along at par so far today. Hopefully they can make a late charge to position themselves nicely for the weekend.

Notable risers today have been Rose, Bradley, Matsuyama, and Na (-6, so far low round playing).

Not playoff related, but Coach K has dinner with the US Ryder Cup team last night

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/...inner-coach-k/

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Not playoff related, but Coach K has dinner with the US Ryder Cup team last night

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/...inner-coach-k/
    Actually Wednesday night. I only know this because Coach K was at my company yesterday, not in Philly.

Meanwhile, Phil Mickelson continues to make Jim Furyk nervous about picking him for the Ryder Cup. Phil is 4-over on the tourney and is last in the field.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The foreign members of Team CDu doing some work today: Rose (-7 so far) and Day (-6 in the clubhouse) have both moved way up the leaderboard to join Woods in the top-5. Cantlay (-5 today, -4 overall) and Koepka (-3) are not quite pulling their weight.

I'm gonna need Day and Cantlay to step up this weekend and next for me to have a shot at this thing.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The foreign members of Team CDu doing some work today: Rose (-7 so far) and Day (-6 in the clubhouse) have both moved way up the leaderboard to join Woods in the top-5. Cantlay (-5 today, -4 overall) and Koepka (-3) are not quite pulling their weight.

I'm gonna need Day and Cantlay to step up this weekend and next for me to have a shot at this thing.
    Woods didn't do much today, so he dropped a fair bit.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Woods didn't do much today, so he dropped a fair bit.
    After I posted, he bogeyed the last two to drop back to even par. He sits T10th. Day wound up T7th, Rose 2nd.

Tony Finau's -6 today moved him up a lot for me, so I currently have T7 (Thomas), T10 (Finau), T10 (Woods), T20 (Simpson), T22 (Rahm), and T38 (Casey). Looking decent for having everyone participate next week, but I could really stand to have a few of them go low tomorrow & Sunday.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Tommy Fleetwood has helped himself A LOT today. As of yesterday, he was sitting right on the 30th place line in the FedEx standings. But with a 62 today, he's given himself some breathing room. He's far from out of the woods, just 150 points clear of the border now. But he's in a far better spot today than yesterday. He's in a tight pack with Woods, Rahm, Noren, Stanley, and Casey, all of whom are within 35 points of each other in the 22-27 spots. McIlroy and Fowler have positioned himself a bit above that group now, but could easily drop back into trouble with a bad round tomorrow.

Sitting on the wrong side of the line at the moment are (in order of position) Leishman, Spieth, Snedeker, Scott, and Stenson. Leishman and Spieth could both quite conceivably catch Woodland, Kizzire, or Bradley. The others would require a minor miracle to make it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Sitting on the wrong side of the line at the moment are (in order of position) Leishman, Spieth, Snedeker, Scott, and Stenson. Leishman and Spieth could both quite conceivably catch Woodland, Kizzire, or Bradley. The others would require a minor miracle to make it at this point.
    Leishman is the real shocker. He came into this event in 22nd place and really just needed a middle of the pack finish to not sweat things. But he's near the back of the field and in very real danger of dropping 9 spots and not making Atlanta. In the end though, I think he will make it as Keegan Bradley and Alex Noren likely need to hold on to their T3 position to stay in the top 30. If either of them drop back to 5th or so, they will likely drop behind Leishman.

Jordan Spieth needs to have a big weekend. I knew it was a bit of a gamble taking him as he hasn't been playing his best golf lately but, I gambled on him getting his act together a making a run. Time is running out...
    Bob Green

Rose is your Round 3 leader, a shot ahead of Rory and Killing Me Schauffele (sorry; I’m a nerdy GenX’er).

I have T7 (JT), T11 (Tiger), T11 (Webb), T15 (Finau), T21 (Rahm), and T50 (Casey). Will probably need a big day from Simpson to make any real noise.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

After a pretty bad first two rounds, my team is finally playing some BALL this weekend.

Rose - 1
    Simpson - T11
    Woods - T11
    Reed - T11
    Johnson - T33

Meanwhile, Jordan Spieth is in real danger of missing East Lake...he's 31 in the live FedEx standings right now.

-Jason "a winner and a couple top 10s could get me right back in this thing" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Meanwhile, Jordan Spieth is in real danger of missing East Lake...he's 31 in the live FedEx standings right now
    And he’s in even more trouble if he can’t make it to next week

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2018/09/09/jordan-spieth-faces-fine-suspension-tour-championship/amp/

Do we get to deduct the $20k fine from the teams who picked Spieth?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My team did fair. Would have liked at least one more top 10 of course.

Rose 1
    Simpson 11
    Woods 11
    Watson 26
    Koepka 33
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The killerleft team is still going strong, but is probably losing Spieth.

Rose - 1
    J Thomas - 7
    Tiger- 11
    DeChambeau - 26
    Spieth - 39
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

The tourney ain't over and some dude named Woods is making a charge. Horschel and Rose are tied at the top at -17. Woods is 4-under through 9 and in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 16-under.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The tourney ain't over and some dude named Woods is making a charge. Horschel and Rose are tied at the top at -17. Woods is 4-under through 9 and in a 3 way tie for 2nd at 16-under.
    Ha! I had totally thought it was over yesterday. Been busy with storm prep, so haven't paid attention to much else.