Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASMR anyone?

This American Life did a story about this a few years ago, and I've been tuned into this community ever since, long enough that my favorite video maker at the time hasn't posted anything in like 3 years, and there's rumors that she's dead (completely unfounded rumors...)

I definitely experienced ASMR as a kid. I know what the tingles feel like, so I knew what the author of NPR story was talking about and I was naturally curious. But I don't get the tingles any more. I use these videos when I lay down to take a nap, though, because they're relaxing.

I will occasionally watch a few minutes of a GentleWhispering video or check the Reddit community just to see what's going there, but at this point I almost exclusively go to randombobross.com and let Bob Ross lull me to sleep. He is the king because he didn't have to go out of his way to be relaxing. He was just trying to make painting shows. Relaxing was just who he was at his core.

My theory about ASMR is that it's strongly linked to introverted personality types and probably helps soothe your amygdala. But I also don't really know what I'm talking about.

You must be referring to VeniVediVulpes. I remember hearing a bunch of rumors.
    She had a really gentle manner about her, but I also kind of felt like there was a deep sadness in her. I could be imagining things, though.