Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Duke vs. Univ of Toronto (in game and post game comments here)

In an effort to prevent multiple threads from cropping up discussing the game, and because the original Canada thread has gotten really long and may be daunting for folks who only want to talk about the game action, let's see if we can put all our thoughts on the Friday 6pm game here.

Thanks!

-Jason "mod much?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Javin is everywhere tonight and he’s the only true big who has shown ability to finish around the rim - if this can hold up, I’m a lot more confident now in my pick for him to start over Bolden.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    Javin is everywhere tonight and he’s the only true big who has shown ability to finish around the rim - if this can hold up, I’m a lot more confident now in my pick for him to start over Bolden.
    Another quiet half for Bolden . . . hope he shows up in the 2nd half.

I'm impressed by Goldwire's play so far in this game. He's been pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'm impressed by Goldwire's play so far in this game. He's been pretty solid.
    I'm 3 ounces into a new single malt. Please give me a score. How is Bolden doing?

Most impressive stat in the first half is that someone was bold enough to draw the charge on Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'm 3 ounces into a new single malt. Please give me a score. How is Bolden doing?
    The hell with the game — what bottle did you crack?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Most impressive stat in the first half is that someone was bold enough to draw the charge on Zion.
    More importantly, did he survive?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

We're up 42-28 at halftime

There is no way a freshman who is 270+ playing in his second collegiate game should be able to do that

If I'm not too busy saying farewell to Toronto later tonight I'll post more on my happiness at how well Goldwire has stepped up his defense and vision.

Wow, Vrank and Javin in at center all 3rd quarter . . . not good for Bolden

Vrankovic is really playing well though.

Bolden not playing any sig. minutes - is he hurt?

70-44 end of third

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The hell with the game — what bottle did you crack?
    Seriously, the game is under control...we need to know which single malt. (maybe a Balvenie?)

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Seriously, the game is under control...we need to know which single malt. (maybe a Balvenie?)
    DoubleWood my go-to.

Not sure what is up with bolden. I thought he played okay in his early (few) minutes, but he hasn't had a single minute since probably the first quarter. Everyone else has played. He seems to be ready on the bench but not going in. Could he be in the doghouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Not sure what is up with bolden. I thought he played okay in his early (few) minutes, but he hasn't had a single minute since probably the first quarter. Everyone else has played. He seems to be ready on the bench but not going in. Could he be in the doghouse?
    Definitely in the doghouse
    Most telling moment was when the players were on the floor and Coach K sent in 3 replacements to sit in front of the scorers - That left Bolden sitting on the bench by himself

Adam Rowe has the Duke box score: https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/stat...02006786985984

Team looked a little more together tonight- a lot of contributions other than the 2 Frosh. I was really impressed with Baker's stroke. The closest to a pure shooter on the team. Will be interesting to see if he redshirts. Duke could use a knock down shooter. The rest of the team is not great from deep although apparently RJ hit a few- but I caught mostly the second half. Duke put a lot of ball pressure on Toronto and it was very effective. Zion continues to impress with his ball handling and movement. Seems to have boundless endurance for a big guy. RJ is really good slashing to the hoop- so athletic. Toronto is not as good as Ryerson but shot it pretty well from deep. Duke will need to shore up their 3 point D. A fun game- and improvement was evident.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    Most impressive stat is that AOC gutted out a minute, despite a fractured orbital.