Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tickets?

So, tickets for the event have gone on sale . . . . but they are INSANELY expensive, like $600 PER ticket even in the upper levels.

I haven't gone to a Champions Classic yet, but is this the norm? How much lower do the prices drop in the secondary market? Although I would want to watch both games, how hard would it be to sell my seats for the KU/MSU game, if I go that route?

I really want to go, but $1200 (I need 2 tix) is just a tad outside of my budget . . . I was hoping I could get decent seats for $300 per.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    So, Tickets for the event have gone on sale . . . . but they are INSANELY expensive, like $600 PER ticket even in the upper levels.

I haven't gone to a Champions Classic yet, but is this the norm? How much lower do the prices drop in the secondary market? Although I would want to watch both game, how hard is it to sell my seats for the KU/MSU game, if I go that route?

I really want to go, but $1200 (I need 2 tix) is a bit out of my budget . . .
    They probably won't drop. Indy is UK's answer to MSG. They could sell out Lucas Oil with this one, and I think this game is only in the Pacers arena.

It's a doubleheader. If you sell your ticket, you won't go to either game.

Save your money for the other city ending in -polis.
    Last edited by duke2x; 09-24-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Good grief, I can pay less for tickets to Hamilton!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    To see the play or to fly to Ontario or Bermuda?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Not necessarily...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    They probably won't drop. Indy is UK's answer to MSG. They could sell out Lucas Oil with this one, and I think this game is only in the Pacers arena.

It's a doubleheader. If you sell your ticket, you won't go to either game.

Save your money for the other city ending in -polis.
    It was sweet seeing Indy empty out after the National Semifinals in 2015, as the Wildcat fans headed back to Kentucky. The vendors loaded all the remaining Kentucky merchandise into one downtown store and cut the prices by 50-75 percent, IIRC (and there is always a first time).
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Where are you seeing the tickets for sale? For some reason i can't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    To see the play or to fly to Ontario or Bermuda?
    New Zealand.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

So, tickets for the event have gone on sale . . . . but they are INSANELY expensive, like $600 PER ticket even in the upper levels.

I haven't gone to a Champions Classic yet, but is this the norm? How much lower do the prices drop in the secondary market? Although I would want to watch both games, how hard would it be to sell my seats for the KU/MSU game, if I go that route?

I really want to go, but $1200 (I need 2 tix) is just a tad outside of my budget . . . I was hoping I could get decent seats for $300 per.
    Basically yes. These tickets are always impossible to get and usually given just to boosters. In 2015 (so many Duke players ago) the price dropped two weeks before the game and then went back up the week before.

I think I've posted this already but after the '98 Elite 8 (twenty years ago now but still so fresh) I took a solemn oath I would never go to a Duke-Kentucky game again. UK fans are just that obnoxious and numerous. With a no. 1 ranking they promise to be at peak insufferable for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Basically yes. These tickets are always impossible to get and usually given just to boosters. In 2015 (so many Duke players ago) the price dropped two weeks before the game and then went back up the week before.

I think I've posted this already but after the '98 Elite 8 (twenty years ago now but still so fresh) I took a solemn oath I would never go to a Duke-Kentucky game again. UK fans are just that obnoxious and numerous. With a no. 1 ranking they promise to be at peak insufferable for this game.
    Well, that sucks. I really wanted to be there to gloat in front of the UK fans when Zion dunks their hopes dreams into the gutter, but I guess I'll have to "settle" for watching the Blue Devils in the NCAA tournament, wherever that takes us . . .

I grew up in Lexington, KY (moved there from Durham), so I understand what you mean 100%. The Monday after the 1998 loss was probably the worst day of school ever. I tried really hard to convince my mom that I was sick that morning . . . .

Tickets are available on GoDuke.com. Wish I could go

link

Tickets are available on GoDuke.com. Wish I could go

link
    Thanks for the link!!! For $97 a pop, I'm totally going, and I'll cheer hard enough for all of us

Where are you seeing them onsale? Ticket broker sites? The ticketmaster page linked from the homepage article shows a countdown clock to next Monday with a price range of $67-$652.

BTW - the goduke.com link is for the Duke allotted tickets and is not a guarantee you get the tickets as they get doled out in order of Iron Duke status.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Where are you seeing them onsale? Ticket broker sites? The ticketmaster page linked from the homepage article shows a countdown clock to next Monday with a price range of $67-$652.

BTW - the goduke.com link is for the Duke allotted tickets and is not a guarantee you get the tickets as they get doled out in order of Iron Duke status.
    Oh . . . . dammit. So I probably won't get them . . . will they at least refund me?

I saw tickets here on Vivid Seats: https://www.vividseats.com/ncaab/ken...6-2794547.html

They are still on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post

So, the confirmation email reads as follows:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets for Duke Men's Basketball vs. Kentucky to be played at Banker's Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN on Tuesday, November 6th!

All ticket orders will be filled based on Iron Duke Priority. Tickets will be mailed approximately 3 weeks prior to the game. If tickets need to be upgraded due to Iron Duke priority, you will be notified and the balance will be applied to your credit card.

No Refunds No Exchanges"

So . . . that's pretty confusing. Would they seriously not guarantee tickets for a purchase with no refunds? That seems pretty unreasonable. I've already sent an email to their customer care asking for more clarification . . .

So, the confirmation email reads as follows:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets for Duke Men's Basketball vs. Kentucky to be played at Banker's Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN on Tuesday, November 6th!

All ticket orders will be filled based on Iron Duke Priority. Tickets will be mailed approximately 3 weeks prior to the game. If tickets need to be upgraded due to Iron Duke priority, you will be notified and the balance will be applied to your credit card.

No Refunds No Exchanges"

So . . . that's pretty confusing. Would they seriously not guarantee tickets for a purchase with no refunds? That seems pretty unreasonable. I've already sent an email to their customer care asking for more clarification . . .
    Have they actually taken your money yet? I think what this means is that if you are chosen, you have to buy them, but if you are not chosen, you will not be billed. Unfortunately, not finding out until three weeks before the game whether you got tickets also makes it a lot harder to get tickets through other means.

Note that stubhub, Vivid Seats, etc. put tickets on their site that they EXPECT to have, but don't actually have at the moment. They figure they can get them and turn them for a profit, which they always do because ticket prices go down once you get closer to the event date. Once people actually receive tickets, it's possible secondary market will shift although I expect it will still be very expensive given the location/fanbases. I went to Indy for the E8 game against Louisville and that was the most hostile environment I have ever been a part of...(was not in Duke fan section.)

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    It was sweet seeing Indy empty out after the National Semifinals in 2015, as the Wildcat fans headed back to Kentucky. The vendors loaded all the remaining Kentucky merchandise into one downtown store and cut the prices by 50-75 percent, IIRC (and there is always a first time).
    On Championship Monday 2015, I bought what I thought was a blue Duke Final Four T-Shirt from a merchandise stand inside the stadium.
    It was wrapped up and I did not have a chance to open it up until I got home the next day in Chicago. Much to my dismay, I discovered it was a Kentucky T-Shirt instead.
    I was ticked off about it until I realized I had a wonderful item commemorating Kentucky's 2015 Final Four Participation (and it's failure to win the National Championship).

Looking forward to Indy on 11/6.

I got my tickets from Stubhub on September 18th, Section 212. $498 (for 2) plus the usual fee gouge. They'll be delivered via UPS by November 2nd. Can't remember where i heard it, but the 'Duke' Section is Section 6.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Have they actually taken your money yet? I think what this means is that if you are chosen, you have to buy them, but if you are not chosen, you will not be billed. Unfortunately, not finding out until three weeks before the game whether you got tickets also makes it a lot harder to get tickets through other means.
    I think you're right. As of today, my card hasn't been charged, so for me, and anybody else who bought tickets through the GoDuke site, it's probably going to depend on whether or not they give you tickets. Hopefully they will notify us with enough time to make other plans.