Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

State Farm Champions Classic 2018

Any word on when tickets will be up for sale? Any Duke supporter gatherings planned in Indy before the game? Debating on heading down for the season opener.

Duke may or may not have a sale for Iron Dukes and/or the general public on GoDuke.com. I think they usually do.

There's nothing yet on the arena website through Ticketmaster, but you can sign up for alerts. Don't rely on this method at all. It's a UK home game in a NBA arena. When UK lost to WVU in 2010, tickets for the Final 4 were $250. When UK was in Indy in 2015, tickets were $2,500 each. After UK lost to WI, tickets were $250 again. I couldn't swing 2015 due to work that week, but I thought about it with the price drop. (2010 was already planned before UK lost.)

Duke needs a plan to comprehensively mop the floor with UK, putting an end to their overreaching aspirations. I am uncertain what that plan would entail.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Tickets are available for Iron Dukes. Sign up with the iron Dukes and order tickets in the Duke section of the arena (and no, that section has not been identified yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Duke needs a plan to comprehensively mop the floor with UK, putting an end to their overreaching aspirations. I am uncertain what that plan would entail.
    That's going be tough as both teams should be of top-5 quality this season.

IF we somehow end up mopping the floor with them, it'll probably involve extensive usage of the Death Lineup with Zion at the 5. It could trick Kentucky into posting up Nick Richards and PJ Washington on one end of the floor while Duke plays 5-out spread pick-n-roll on the other end to take advantage of no-handchecking and freedom of movement rules. Zion as a roller has tremendously exciting lob-dunk possibilities, to boot.

I heard general admission tickets will be available in early October. I plan on going to the event if I'm able to snag a couple of tickets when they are up for sale.

Any idea of what ticket prices will look for this?

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Any idea of what ticket prices will look for this?
    They're listed as $97 each on Goduke.com but they're only on sale to Iron Dukes now.

Getting tickets through the Iron Dukes

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    They're listed as $97 each on Goduke.com but they're only on sale to Iron Dukes now.
    The maximum number of tickets Iron Dukes members can buy is limited to ten, currently priced at $97+$2 each. That is the default "upper balcony" (no location) price. Depending on your standing with the Iron Dukes, the seat location (and price) will likely be automatically upgraded at a later time.

I would suggest checking with the Duke ticket office about getting "public" tickets through them, whenever they do become available. They might already have some kind of "waiting list" set up ?? In any case, the prices and/or the seat locations may be better than trying to buy through the Bankers Life Fieldhouse website.

It should be noted there are two basketball games for the November 6th Champions Classic: Duke vs Kentucky and Kansas vs Michigan State.

k

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    The maximum number of tickets Iron Dukes members can buy is limited to ten, currently priced at $97+$2 each. That is the default "upper balcony" (no location) price. Depending on your standing with the Iron Dukes, the seat location (and price) will likely be automatically upgraded at a later time.

I would suggest checking with the Duke ticket office about getting "public" tickets through them, whenever they do become available. They might already have some kind of "waiting list" set up ?? In any case, the prices and/or the seat locations may be better than trying to buy through the Bankers Life Fieldhouse website.

It should be noted there are two basketball games for the November 6th Champions Classic: Duke vs Kentucky and Kansas vs Michigan State.

k
    Are tickets good for both games?

I might be able to get MSU tickets

The price of a ticket for the Kentucky game just increased 200%.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Are tickets good for both games?

I might be able to get MSU tickets
    Assuming they haven't changed anything for this year (I've been to the 3 Chicago and 1 Indy Classics), the tickets will be good for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

IF we somehow end up mopping the floor with them, it'll probably involve extensive usage of the Death Lineup with Zion at the 5. It could trick Kentucky into posting up Nick Richards and PJ Washington on one end of the floor while Duke plays 5-out spread pick-n-roll on the other end to take advantage of no-handchecking and freedom of movement rules. Zion as a roller has tremendously exciting lob-dunk possibilities, to boot.
    That strategy makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder if for the first game of the season it's more valuable to try playing our regular rotation. We need our main players to get reps together, to learn what works and what doesn't work, and to start to carve out roles within the team. This is a valuable early crucible to do that.

Essentially, I think there's some value in taking the long term approach, even if that's not what gives us the greatest chance of winning that one game. Save that gambit as a change-of-pace play for March.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

You are absolutely correct. Kentucky is DEEP this year. I read something about seven guys averaging 10 pts/game. As great as RJ and Zion played, I can't wait to see Jones run the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    That strategy makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder if for the first game of the season it's more valuable to try playing our regular rotation. We need our main players to get reps together, to learn what works and what doesn't work, and to start to carve out roles within the team. This is a valuable early crucible to do that.

Essentially, I think there's some value in taking the long term approach, even if that's not what gives us the greatest chance of winning that one game. Save that gambit as a change-of-pace play for March.
    Nah, no way . . . . this is UK and Duke, and this is Coach K we're talking about. He doesn't give a crap about anything except winning the game we are playing. But since this is Kentucky, I think there's even more incentive to win. You don't think he hears the shade Calipari throws at him in every interview? I guarantee you Coach K wants to destroy Kentucky. Every recruit is watching this game. Coach K will want to prove Duke is the best.

And besides, just because we play a certain lineup doesn't mean people will take the tape of that and figure out a way to beat it. NBA teams still don't have an answer for the Golden State death lineup and it's been 5 years since they started doing it. Nobody has ever seen a player like Zion. People will try to figure out ways to slow him down, but he's so versatile and has so many facets to his game, there's not going to be some easy solution to stop him.

This isn't like college football with trick plays that can be only used once.
    Last edited by kAzE; 08-16-2018 at 12:01 PM.

These aren’t even on stubhub yet, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    These aren’t even on stubhub yet, are they?
    Stubhub is after market, so they will be behind everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Stubhub is after market, so they will be behind everyone else.
    How much will these tickets be if we’re unable to get them through Iron dukes?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    How much will these tickets be if we’re unable to get them through Iron dukes?
    On stubhub? Whatever the market will bear...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    On stubhub? Whatever the market will bear...
    (Plus a massive fee!)