Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stop me if you've heard this one - Carolina Panthers 2018/19

well, here we go again.

Moody cam meets up with sulking benjamin - no blows, but diva blowback...

defense needs work....jury still out on the the new QB

Tepper=undefeated
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    well, here we go again.

Moody cam meets up with sulking benjamin - no blows, but diva blowback...

defense needs work...jury still out on the the new QB

Tepper=undefeated
    I missed most of the game until late in the third quarter when the QB was Heinicke. He did a nice job. Bummed I missed the first half and a better look at the starters.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

not much of a "look" actually, unless you wanted to see cam sulking...

Mccaffrey looked, well, fast....and solid...

the 2 backup QBS did well...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Tough to garner a whole lot about the team in just a couple of drives.

My .02 is

Cam looked great as always.

CMC looks similar to last year, terrible runningback but good receiver.

CJ Anderson looked good.

DJ and Samuel look to me to be our best wrs.

Dline struggled all around.

Dbs same as the line.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Defense looks to be a work in progress. Did not seem to get much pressure on the QB, and as a result the secondary was picked apart most of the night. Third string QB fared better than the second string. New WR from Maryland was a bright spot (DJ Moore).

Tough to take much away from a preseason game. In general I think that winning at least two preseason games bodes well for the regular season. But other than that it's more of a showcase for your depth than anything else.

Main issue is staying healthy thru the preseason with no major injuries. Losing Silatolu and Williams for a bit and Cockrell for the season hurts. Peppers failing his physical is surprising, and an indication that his career is winding to a close. Hopefully they can avoid any additional injuries and get those two guys back before the season gets too far along. Having an early bye week will help in that regard.
    "There can BE only one."

Well preseason game 2 is in the books.

- Run blocking is excellent, the hole they gave CMC to tlru. Through for that td was impressive.

- Samuel looked good and should be in contention for being one of our top wideouts.

- Love seeing the accuracy by Cam, looks like he has made big strides this off-season.

- The left tackle seemingly no matter who is there is gonna get Cam killed

- The defense outside of the linebackers is awful so far.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Game today against Washington is exhibit A on why the Panthers are an absolutely untrustworthy team.

To (mis)quote Forrest Gump: The Panthers are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.

Newton looked awful on his last three passes, all badly over thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Game today against Washington is exhibit A on why the Panthers are an absolutely untrustworthy team.

To (mis)quote Forrest Gump: The Panthers are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
    To be fair, the Panthers were underdogs in this game even if just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    No doubt we played bad. Spotted them 14, lost the turnover battle 3-0 and played bad on special teams. And yet we still could have won the game.

The Panthers are a good team, just not a great team. However they do have a lot of potential. This one could really hurt at the end of the season but I'm still encouraged that they can make a run if they can get things clicking a little more consistently.
    I'm a long time Redskins fan. Yes, I'm happy with yesterday's win. No, I did not think we played a great game. In the two bolded sentences above, you can replace the word 'Panthers' with 'Redskins' and be just as accurate. This Redskins team has a lot of potential but is bipolar as can be. Their 2 losses were both embarrassing. We lost to the Colts, embarrassing because it's the Colts only win. We lost to the Saints, embarrassing because we didn't even seem to show up and got blown out on MNF. Their other 2 wins before yesterday, they looked really solid and they looked OK yesterday.

Hope both the Panthers and the Redskins can get it together and play consistently well. We aren't good enough to make a deep playoff run but I'd sure like to make the playoffs and win 1 playoff game...just give me 1 simple playoff win!

What is wrong with Graham Gano? Ughhh

Why in the world do we go for two there? And with that play?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Why in the world do we go for two there? And with that play?
    So Dumb. Panthers earned this Loss start to finish with mistakes and stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    What is wrong with Graham Gano? Ughhh
    Did he miss today?

EDIT: I see he missed a PAT and a FG....so now I sort of understand the decision to go for two late.
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 11-18-2018 at 05:07 PM. Reason: I found out the info

Hope they left Funchess in Detroit today.

Gano gets a pass. He has been great this year so far.

Riverboat Ron probably needs to start packing. Too much talent on this team for the kind of losses we have had back to back.

Ughh Graham Gano you're killing me.

In a game which also features another Halloween nightmare from the past - Corn Elder, blowing it for the Panthers in coverage

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Ughh Graham Gano you're killing me.

In a game which also features another Halloween nightmare from the past - Corn Elder, blowing it for the Panthers in coverage
    Gano is in a slump since the 63 yarder, no doubt...but today the Panthers were awful in the red zone...they fumbled all over the place...and while Cam was great, he threw a killer interception in the endzone. They had numerous possessions inside the 5 and settled for FGs, lost it on downs, or threw interception. Should have had 45 points and never close. When you get inside the 5, you MUST get a TD and can NEVER settle for zero.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Gano is in a slump since the 63 yarder, no doubt...but today the Panthers were awful in the red zone...they fumbled all over the place...and while Cam was great, he threw a killer interception in the endzone. They had numerous possessions inside the 5 and settled for FGs, lost it on downs, or threw interception. Should have had 45 points and never close. When you get inside the 5, you MUST get a TD and can NEVER settle for zero.
    Agree, my friend. but that secondary is horrible. Just lob it down field and watch your guy get it while our's don't even turn to look for the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Agree, my friend. but that secondary is horrible. Just lob it down field and watch your guy get it while our's don't even turn to look for the ball!
    Wait, are talking about the Panthers or the Blue Devils here?

<exits, stage right>
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, are talking about the Panthers or the Blue Devils here?

<exits, stage right>
    Panthers, but if the shoe fits..And it does...