Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Go Rickie! I did not pick him, but would love to see him win.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I second the Go Rickie but did not pick him this week either. I picked him for both the US Open and The Open but swapped him at the last minute for Jon Rahm yesterday.

My other last minute decision Tony Finau vs Matt Kuchar isn't looking so great either, but at least nearly everyone picked Finau.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I second the Go Rickie but did not pick him this week either. I picked him for both the US Open and The Open but swapped him at the last minute for Jon Rahm yesterday.

My other last minute decision Tony Finau vs Matt Kuchar isn't looking so great either, but at least nearly everyone picked Finau.
    Yeah, Finau's 74 today is likely to put a sting in a lot of our tails.

FWIW: The PGA cut-line rules are the same as the British Open's, namely, top 70 and ties.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My team gets a big "Meh" today. My lowest value guy (Branden Grace) is my highest on the leaderboard at T10.

Grace -2
    Thomas -1
    Woods E
    Spieth +1
    Koepka +2 (thru 8)
    Stenson +3

Hoping Koepka gets back on track since he still has the back 9 left to play.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I didn't get in on time. Good luck to the rest of y'all.

On another site I picked Finau to win, so my pick isn't looking very good right now.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I picked him so I have two reasons to love to see him win:

1. I like him.
    2. I picked him.

I also picked Jason Day who is tied for 5th at -3.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My team gets a big "Meh" today. My lowest value guy (Branden Grace) is my highest on the leaderboard at T10.

Koepka +2 (thru 8)

Hoping Koepka gets back on track since he still has the back 9 left to play.
    Wow, nice recovery. Finished at one under. Whew, thanks for making my day better, BK!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Just downloaded the PGA Championship app, and like the Open app, you can follow your team. It’s not as intuitive/easy, but it’s a nice feature.
    Carolina delenda est

When it comes to Rickie, he's been here before several times. Saturday is his nemesis. He gets through moving day without moving down as he has in the past and I believe this is the major he finally breaks through and wins. -15 wins this tournament imo.

Leaderboard movement

My guy Kisner has birdied five of his first eight holes today to tie Gary Woodland for the lead at the moment. Now, where is that "I'm Not Going To Jinx It" thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My guy Kisner has birdied five of his first eight holes today to tie Gary Woodland for the lead at the moment. Now, where is that "I'm Not Going To Jinx It" thread??
    Too late, yer doomed.

6 under through 10. Major championship scoring record is in play. Koepka and Molinari on the move too.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Too late, yer doomed.
    Indeed. Kisner bogeys his final hole (the 9th) to shoot 64 and finish a shot back of Woodland (who shot 66 and is the clubhouse leader today at -10).

Kooooooooch is going to need some help to make the cut, which right now projects at Even. He shot Even for the day, but sits +1 for the tourney.

Most of my guys, though, play in the afternoon. Finau is likely to have to shoot 66 or better to make the cut. Tiger will probably need to shoot Even or better.

Indeed. Kisner bogeys his final hole (the 9th) to shoot 64 and finish a shot back of Woodland (who shot 66 and is the clubhouse leader today at -10).

Kooooooooch is going to need some help to make the cut, which right now projects at Even. He shot Even for the day, but sits +1 for the tourney.

Most of my guys, though, play in the afternoon. Finau is likely to have to shoot 66 or better to make the cut. Tiger will probably need to shoot Even or better.
    With the scores posted from this morning's groupings, it's entirely possible that even par won't be enough to see the weekend. Seems pretty unlikely that over par will get in. There are something like 60 guys who are in pretty good position to shoot -1 or better, and that ignores the guys still to tee off or who have only played a few holes so far today.

Minor edit: 60 guys are at 1 under or better, some of whom haven't teed off. But a bunch of guys at even or +1 who haven't teed off yet, and lots of guys have had under par rounds today.
    Last edited by CDu; 08-10-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Nice score by Koepka. Looks to be setting up for a fun afternoon and weekend.
    Carolina delenda est

So, Finau started out with five straight birdies, and then promptly triple-bogeyed the 6th. Ooof. He then recovered with birdies on 7 and 8. Roller coaster.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 08-10-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Kevin Streelman played the back 9 first and shot -3 with birdies on 11, 16 and 18 to improve to -1 on the championship. Nine holes to go but he has placed himself in position to make the cut.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kevin Streelman played the back 9 first and shot -3 with birdies on 11, 16 and 18 to improve to -1 on the championship. Nine holes to go but he has placed himself in position to make the cut.
    Looking like 1-under is a probable cut line right now. So if Streelman can play even the rest of the way he should just sneak in. Anything less and he will be sweating.

We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see who makes the cut. Play suspended due to weather. Things recommence at 8:00 am Eastern.

We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see who makes the cut. Play suspended due to weather. Things recommence at 8:00 am Eastern.
    Play has officially been suspended at the 100th PGA Championship. Things will resume at 7 a.m. local time Saturday. The players will go out in threesomes and will start on both the 1st and 10th tees.
    Will be interesting to see how/if scores are affected for those that play longer tomorrow. Dunno what time they wake up to play at 7am, but if you are looking at over a round and a half of high stakes golf, that could be taxing.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41027152-4