Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    We can beat VT at home. A lot has changed with both teams since the night monsoon in Blacksburg last year. Preseason computers, as little as they are worth, put it at 50-50. It might be 34-31 instead of the usual low scoring affair.
    I agree VT is beatable....last season, Duke was just about at their bottom of the valley when that game came along. Should be totally different thing this year...(though I don't think the venue is a big issue...we've won up there and lost down here..._

From looking at the depth chart, it would seem like the major hinge point for this coming season (other than the obvious of Daniel Jones' health and consistency) will be the health of the offensive line. It looks like our starting group should be pretty good, but if we have more than 1 or 2 injuries on the O-line then we would be throwing in a host of guys who either have no real experience or were very low-rated recruits, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Why only win 5 out of 6 at home?????? We will do better than that!

If you're interested in joining the best tailgate in Blue Devil Alley, PM me for the details. We are a membership tent. We have award winning BBQ chefs preparing our meals, and the best Duke fans anywhere! I mentioned some names in the post to Steve Wiseman above
    Thanks very much for the offer! We're taking the train from Charlotte to Durham before the opener, just because my daughters (9 and 5) have been asking to do this for years, but I will be sure to stop by for the VT game.

BTW I grew up east of I-95 and my bbq typically is soaked in a vinegar base. I assume one of the bbq chef(s) knows the only real way to cook bbq

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelogger View Post
    Thanks very much for the offer! We're taking the train from Charlotte to Durham before the opener, just because my daughters (9 and 5) have been asking to do this for years, but I will be sure to stop by for the VT game.

BTW I grew up east of I-95 and my bbq typically is soaked in a vinegar base. I assume one of the bbq chef(s) knows the only real way to cook bbq
    It appears CameronBornAndBred and TNTDevil are being called out here. What you say, gents?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It appears CameronBornAndBred and TNTDevil are being called out here. What you say, gents?
    We are well versed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think that vinegar diving line runs between Raleigh and Durham...and the SC border. It's South and West of there people forget how to cook pork barbecue!!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I think that vinegar diving line runs between Raleigh and Durham...and the SC border. It's South and West of there people forget how to cook pork barbecue!!
    I'm not sure that's quite right, as I can't think of any reputable BBQ spots in Durham that are not (at least primarily) vinegar based.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Steve, we really appreciate members of the media who post here. If you get the chance on the 31st, please join us - True Blue ‘Cue Crew - in Blue Devil Alley at our tailgate! We’ll be there both before and after the games all season long! Cameronbornandbred, devildeac, BobGreen and I will all be there. LGD GTHc!

By the way, Bill Brill was a regular! We miss him.
    Thanks for the invite, Ozzie. I'll be sure to get by this season. Sounds great

Dave Harding and I met with Cutcliffe after practice today. He said Trevon McSwain is back at defensive tackle. His experiment as an offensive tackle is done, for now. In the end, Cut wants the extra depth along his defensive front over getting McSwain ready to play on offense. He thought the rotation on the interior at defensive line was too thin in the second half of the scrimmage and it hurt the team.

"I am encouraged by Tahj Rice and Elijah Brown but they are still freshmen," Cutcliffe said. "We are going to try to bring them along as well."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Has the team started preparing specifically for the Army option yet, or are they still in general practice mode?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by swiseman View Post
    He said Trevon McSwain is back at defensive tackle. His experiment as an offensive tackle is done, for now.
    Good news for the DL. McSwain was solid at DT last season after switching from DE: 23 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Has the team started preparing specifically for the Army option yet, or are they still in general practice mode?
    They started working on Army last Sunday

Podcast: https://play.google.com/music/listen...yqb42mmhlkmvze

David Shumate, Dave Harding and John Roth. Guests include Daniel Jones and Zac Roper. 52 minutes of Duke football discussion.
    Bob Green

Best defense against the Army ground attack:

300px-Army-fgm148.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Best defense against the Army ground attack:

300px-Army-fgm148.jpg
    I’m not sure if that’s legal.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Heck, this is America. We’re all packing these.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Legality won’t matter to the Holes. Be prepared.

Duke is doing a cool promotion, selling $8 (4/$27) tickets to Durham residents for the Army game. That is a smart move to get locals in the stands.

Duke is doing a cool promotion, selling $8 (4/$27) tickets to Durham residents for the Army game. That is a smart move to get locals in the stands.
    One thing I've not noticed much of is a push to get people in the stands since Cutcliffe took over, after an initial push. That said, I've only lived in the RDU area for a part of that time...and was overseas for part of that time. So maybe there is crowd generating activities I am not aware of...and of course they need more student involvement.(And I think noon games are poorly attended, and we've had a lot of those).

Maybe someone can make me feel better about these efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Maybe someone can make me feel better about these efforts...
    You're not paying attention then, mate. They've implemented the most draconian security measures in college football to make the butner county penitentiary inmates feel right at home.

Not the football team's fault, I know, but shame they have to fight against such BS.
    April 1