Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DBR Security Fundraiser

DBR has been using the same software for a while now and it’s time for a for a security upgrade – both adding encryption ("https" in your browser) and upgrading the board software itself (but not the look and feel). It’s not something the volunteer admins and mods can do; it requires some changes from the host. It's also not something we want to ask SBN for; we've been granted special status to operate these boards outside of the regular SBN comment system and we want to keep it that way.

It is going to cost a bit of money, though, so we’re asking for your help.

If everyone who visits the DBR boards in a single day (now, in the doldrums of the off season – and not everyone comes here daily) pitched in $5, we’d probably cover it. We won’t delude ourselves that everyone will chip in. So, we’re asking, what’s DBR worth to you? A latte? A month of Netflix? A month of streaming TV service? An amount equivalent to a dollar a week for, say, a year? (Sorry, no DBR tote bags...)

We’ll do this in a quick and low-cost manner, using PayPal. Send a private message to -jk for the details (it’s an added layer of security for us!). Not a registered member of the community or can’t remember your login to PM? Use the Contact Us link and it'll email -jk.

Thanks for your support in keeping this the best sports board - and community - out there!

For the price of a cup of coffee once a decade, you can put a smile on Duke fans worldwide!

Plus for every $10 you donate, DBR will send you a cinder block autographed by a mod.

Collect them all!

(I guess I have to say that I'm joking before we get an Uncle Milty moment. So, um, don't sit by the mailbox waiting for your cinder block. Plus, Jason Evans' autograph cost at least $25).

For every poster that does not donate, Carolina will hang a banner in the Dean Dome!

Don't let Carolina win!

It looks like the boards are now updated and secure. If anyone has any trouble, please let us know.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped us out with it!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    If anyone has any trouble, please let us know.
    I'm not seeing an option to create links without knowing the BBCode. Unsure if I'm the only one. As always, thanks for the hard work!

What sort of links?

-jk

What sort of links?-jk
    Just a regular link to an article, for example. Actually, I just noticed that's not the only thing missing. There used to be a menu of options to, for example, bold text, italicize text, insert a link, insert an image, etc. That menu is now missing, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Just a regular link to an article, for example. Actually, I just noticed that's not the only thing missing. There used to be a menu of options to, for example, bold text, italicize text, insert a link, insert an image, etc. That menu is now missing, at least for me.
    Menu of options missing for me too. Also, the emojis on the right side don't insert into the text for me... so I have to use this ;-)

My menu is also missing as are the emoji transfers to "real" pictures. Hence:

:-(
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Can you check which editing mode you're in?

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...do=editoptions

Message Editor Interface:
    -Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    -Basic Editor - A simple text box
    -Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
    -jk

Can you check which editing mode you're in?

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...do=editoptions

-jk
    I'm not sure I ever selected that before.

I'll select Enhanced Interface for $100, please, -jk.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not sure I ever selected that before.I'll select Enhanced Interface for $100, please, -jk.
    Ditto. I'm using the Enhanced Interface.

Ditto. I'm using the Enhanced Interface.
    Changeover from Standard Editor to Enhanced Interface made no difference to me as I'm still unable to use the bold/color/size/image/video features and my emojis still don't work.

Double :-(

Try the editor now. I fixed a few things and I'm seeing the buttons in the editor again.

And emojis.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Try the editor now. I fixed a few things and I'm seeing the buttons in the editor again.

And emojis.
    Fixed! Thanks!!!!

You da best!! (-jk is not chopped liver, either )

And emojis.
    When I try to upload a jpg, the image keeps rotating 90 degrees. I've tried rotating the image and then saving it, but it still comes up sideways. :\

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    When I try to upload a jpg, the image keeps rotating 90 degrees. I've tried rotating the image and then saving it, but it still comes up sideways. :\
    I don't think DBR has ever followed pic metadata that tells the orientation. What does the pic do when opened in other software? Can you rotate it and save it, then upload it?

-jk

My VCR keeps blinking 12:00 (—:—) 12:00 (—:—) 12:00.

All help appreciated, thanks in advance.

And emojis.
    It's back to normal for me. Thanks devil84 and -jk- and others for your hard work!