Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    With all the kicking woes so far today I hope some team gives Ross Martin a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    With all the kicking woes so far today I hope some team gives Ross Martin a chance.
    The Browns cut Ross Martin for Zane Gonzalez:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...orleans-saints

This 21-18 defeat came down to two missed extra points and two missed field goals by Zane Gonzalez. The last missed field goal was from 52 yards, snapped with 8 seconds left as the Browns frantically tried to send the game to overtime.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    With 29 yards on 2 carries, Crowder led the Redskins in rushing today...
    Gave up on the skins a few years ago after many decades of fandom. Daniel Snyder has dramatically changed my Sunday afternoons. Glad to see Crowder had a 25-yard carry, but overall doesn’t bode well for the skins this year or next decade.

Vinny

Had forgotten about Vinny: http://www.nfl.com/player/vincentrey/2507843/profile

Playing but not many tackles ... special teams? Backup? Injured?

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    That Brown's shanker wanker had one of the best ever college kicking careers. What a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Gave up on the skins a few years ago after many decades of fandom. Daniel Snyder has dramatically changed my Sunday afternoons. Glad to see Crowder had a 25-yard carry, but overall doesn’t bode well for the skins this year or next decade.
    I hear you. Snyder exhibits some pretty reprehensible behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That Brown's shanker wanker had one of the best ever college kicking careers. What a bad day.
    There's a reason Matt Bryant still has a career despite the fact that he is 59 years old (kidding, he's actually 43). We Falcon fans are thrilled to have him and will gladly keep paying him until Social Security kicks in.

--Jason "Bryant isn't even the oldest kicker in the league. Vinatieri has a couple years on him" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    I hear you. Snyder exhibits some pretty reprehensible behavior...
    I grew up as a Yankees fan and a Redskins fan. When Steinbrenner was running the Yankees, I figured I would just outlive him.

I did. I long outlived George Preston Marshall.

Snyder? He's 14 years younger than me.

Something to shoot for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

The Browns are cutting Zane Gonzalez. It is not clear who will get the job, but you would have to think they would at least consider Martin. Supposedly, they are also looking at Blair Walsh and Cairo Santos. The Browns GM was in KC when Santos was the kicker there.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jamison Crowder caught a touchdown pass for Washington today.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Jamison Crowder caught a touchdown pass for Washington today.
    Yes he did, and he seems to be running about one jet sweep a game...but his routes are getting shorter and he doesn't return punts anymore. Has he lost a step? He is one of my all time favorite Devils...

Yes he did, and he seems to be running about one jet sweep a game...but his routes are getting shorter and he doesn't return punts anymore. Has he lost a step? He is one of my all time favorite Devils...
    Crowder was a great punt returner at Duke. But he was never able to transfer that at the next level. He was reliable, made the routine plays but rarely popped a long one.

Special teams are a way for marginal players to make an NFL roster. But it's dangerous. Crowder is not a marginal player anymore and I suspect not returning punts will add some time to the end of his NFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Crowder was a great punt returner at Duke. But he was never able to transfer that at the next level. He was reliable, made the routine plays but rarely popped a long one.

Special teams are a way for marginal players to make an NFL roster. But it's dangerous. Crowder is not a marginal player anymore and I suspect not returning punts will add some time to the end of his NFL career.

In 2016 he was considered one of the best in the league, and his average was high, and that's when he had his one 85 yarder for a TD, and another 52 yarder that flipped the field (amazing return, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLln1bGoXg)

His average was not great in 2015, and he never got going that well in 2017, due to being dinged up, receiving or returning...so maybe they're trying to keep him healthier by not returning punts. According to Aikman, on some commentary, Washington drafted him primarily as kick returner. I'm not sure that's accurate...but punt returning and slot receiving translate well together...

Fun fact: Overall about 1% of punts that are returned, go for TDs. Jamison has one in 84 attempts.

… Fun fact: Overall about 1% of punts that are returned, go for TDs. Jamison has one in 84 attempts.
    They should get him returning punts again! In just 17 more returns, he'll take one to the house!

Article about that competition: http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2018...lay-mind-games

Should have kept Martin it seems. Added bonus is that he is from the Cleveland area.

Shaun Wilson had lots of kick off return opportunities last night but Pittsburgh kept him bottled up:

5 returns for 68 yards with a long of 17 yards.
    Bob Green

Shaun Wilson will be on the active roster today:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucc...y-could-return

With [Ronald] Jones out due to a hamstring injury, fellow rookie Shaun Wilson will be active again after sitting out the last four contests.
    Perhaps some Blue Devil magic will carry over from Saturday evening to Sunday afternoon.
    Bob Green

That's good news. Hopefully Max will see game action and make a catch or two.
    Bob Green

That's good news. Hopefully Max will see game action and make a catch or two.
    He's been flirting with playing in an actual game for several years.

Inasmuch as the Niners aren't exactly playing for playoff positioning, there's no reason not to give him a chance to show them what he can do.