Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Good highlights of #68 Matt Skura in the video ("best runs ...") embedded in this article: https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-thrilling-win

Jamison Crowder as an unrestricted free agent...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Interesting comments from Skins fans; not unanimous that they should pay him FA long term money. Of course with Snyder ownership, not sure I’d want to play for a perennial loser.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Interesting comments from Skins fans; not unanimous that they should pay him FA long term money. Of course with Snyder ownership, not sure I’d want to play for a perennial loser.
    Isnt he another one of the Charlotte area Devils? His hometown team could surely use some WR help (though they need outside help more than slot).

-jk
    Best of luck to Jamison.

One of the real mysteries to me is that Conner Vernon did not find similar NFL success. It's a thin line to make it in the league, it seems.

Jamison Crowder: b. 6/17/1993 ... played at Duke 2011-2014 (played as true frosh)
    Conner Vernon: b. 8/18/1990 ... played at Duke 2009-2012 (played as true frosh)

Jamison Crowder: 2015 draft-- 105th overall pick
    Conner Vernon: 2013 draft - unselected (254 selections)

Jamison Crowder: 283 receptions at Duke/3641 yards/23 touchdowns
    Conner Vernon: 283 receptions at Duke/3749 yards/21 touchdowns

Jamison Crowder: 5-8, 185 pounds ... 4.56 40 ... 37 vertical ... 103 broad jump ... 7.17 3-cone ... 4.32 shuttle
    Conner Vernon: 6-0, 196 pounds ... 4.68 40 ... 32.5 vertical ... 125 broad jump ... 6.93 3-cone ... 4.22 shuttle
    (https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ne-results.cgi)

Jamison Crowder: 2018 salary $1.9 million (https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ers/salary.htm)
    Conner Vernon: ??

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Best of luck to Jamison.

One of the real mysteries to me is that Conner Vernon did not find similar NFL success. It's a thin line to make it in the league, it seems.

Jamison Crowder: b. 6/17/1993 ... played at Duke 2011-2014 (played as true frosh)

Jamison Crowder: 5-8, 185 pounds ... 4.56 40 ... 37 vertical ... 103 broad jump ... 7.17 3-cone ... 4.32 shuttle
    Conner Vernon: 6-0, 196 pounds ... 4.68 40 ... 32.5 vertical ... 125 broad jump ... 6.93 3-cone ... 4.22 shuttle

Jamison Crowder: 2018 salary $1.9 million (https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ers/salary.htm)
    Some significant differences in athleticism in speed, jumping. Then there's Jamison's amazing horizontal catch for the winning score against UNC.

Meanwhile the big $$ question about Conner Vernon - he is with Morgan Stanley in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area, which is his home area. Probably doing OK -- spent some time doing social media for the family real estate business.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Some significant differences in athleticism in speed, jumping ...
    CV had the advantage in 3 of the 5 measured; one where JC bested CV -- vertical by 4.5 inches -- perhaps offset by CV's 4-inch height advantage? I'm not sure which (if any) of the measurables best correlates to success in the tight quarters of life as a slot receiver in the NFL, but was surprised CV had better measurables in several categories. Most of all, they both seemed to excel in terms of competitiveness and toughness, and that's why I'm surprised one made it and one did not.

CV had the advantage in 3 of the 5 measured; one where JC bested CV -- vertical by 4.5 inches -- perhaps offset by CV's 4-inch height advantage? I'm not sure which (if any) of the measurables best correlates to success in the tight quarters of life as a slot receiver in the NFL, but was surprised CV had better measurables in several categories. Most of all, they both seemed to excel in terms of competitiveness and toughness, and that's why I'm surprised one made it and one did not.
    Jamison was far more athletic on the field in games, regardless of what the measurable were. Opponents respected CV. Opponents feared and game planned for Jamison.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Jamison was far more athletic on the field in games, regardless of what the measurable were. Opponents respected CV. Opponents feared and game planned for Jamison.
    Both were tough as nails, but Jamison was fearless. Loved them both. GoDuke!

Best of luck to Jamison.

I took a look at the 2018 NFL Draft combine page. Of the wideouts that participated in the 40, 4.68 seconds was the second slowest. Connor was likely too slow to earn a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I took a look at the 2018 NFL Draft combine page. Of the wideouts that participated in the 40, 4.68 seconds was the second slowest. Connor was likely too slow to earn a roster spot.
    Conner also was not a punt return threat, unless I'm mis-remembering. I loved Vernon, but he was nowhere near as dynamic as Crowder was IMO.

Reports are the NY Jets are signing Jamison Crowder to a 3 year 28.5 million deal with 17 million guaranteed. Congratulations to Jamison Crowder!

Bonus is Jets actually have a QB which is more than the Redskins can say.
    Bob Green

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Reports are the NY Jets are signing Jamison Crowder to a 3 year 28.5 million deal with 17 million guaranteed. Congratulations to Jamison Crowder!

Bonus is Jets actually have a QB which is more than the Redskins can say.
    Geez. He goes from the worst team in the NFC to the worst team in the AFC.

(So says this unbiased Giants fan.).

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Geez. He goes from the worst team in the NFC to the worst team in the AFC.

(So says this unbiased Giants fan.).
    However, Jets have potential to ascend while Redskins are clearly descending.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    However, Jets have potential to ascend while Redskins are clearly descending.
    Sorry no. The Redskins have led the league in injured players the last two years. This gives the illusion that they are descending. They are not. It's kind of like saying that UNCheat is better than Duke because the beat us twice (once without Zion and once without Bolden and Zion).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Sorry no. The Redskins have led the league in injured players the last two years. This gives the illusion that they are descending. They are not. It's kind of like saying that UNCheat is better than Duke because the beat us twice (once without Zion and once without Bolden and Zion).
    The Redskins still have one Daniel Snyder...

(Trade him! Please?)

-jk

The Redskins still have one Daniel Snyder...

(Trade him! Please?)

-jk
    Or buy him out - maybe the Green Bay approach. Or imminent domain. Anything!

I'd pitch in! Every Redskins fan I know will pitch in!

non compos mentis?