Page 57 of 149 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2971
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    What are the odds he ends up eight miles down the road?
    Probably also small. I think intra-conference transfers are frowned upon/punished outside of the grad transfer variety.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    What are the odds he ends up eight miles down the road?
    Thanks to the new rules changes (which I support, so I am not criticizing them), an intra-conference transfer would bring a wealth of intel on a recurring opponent. This is a new wrinkle that is now fair game.

I don't see many games this year (due to the wretched and greedy ACC Network that has told me that my 28 years as a fan is not worth access to games on TV, and it too incompetent to find a way to let me purchase the games a la carte without buying a second, unneeded new cable service), but I am assuming that all ACC teams know the drama this guy brings and will want to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Probably also small. I think intra-conference transfers are frowned upon/punished outside of the grad transfer variety.
    Well Cam Johnson did the Pitt-to-UNC transfer just a few years ago. But I agree with you it seems unlikely in this circumstance.

I bet the kid goes pro anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Well Cam Johnson did the Pitt-to-UNC transfer just a few years ago. But I agree with you it seems unlikely in this circumstance.

I bet the kid goes pro anyway.
    Cam Johnson was a grad transfer. He had two years of remaining eligibility because he redshirted a year and then graduated in three.

Cheats Punished by the commissioner. I doubt it😡

So, there is a disturbing new trend in the ACC of underperforming Johnsons that don’t last as long as they should. Hate when that happens. 😇

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Cam Johnson was a grad transfer. He had two years of remaining eligibility because he redshirted a year and then graduated in three.
    This is another “stats versus eye test” debate that could rage on forever. Yes Johnson was a grad transfer on paper. But in terms of following the convention of avoiding intra-conference transfers, did Roy break an unwritten rule? I feel like poaching a sophomore basketball-wise went against accepted practices.

Michael Gbinijie sort of made an in-conference, non grad-student transfer. He left Duke following the 2012 season (his freshman season) for Syracuse and Syracuse didn't join the ACC until July 2013. But it was known that they would be joining the ACC when Gbinijie announced his decision and Syracuse was in the ACC all three years he played at Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    So, there is a disturbing new trend in the ACC of underperforming Johnsons that don’t last as long as they should. Hate when that happens. 😇
    My Johnson performs quite wrll, than you. 😂

Keels is the key addition to next year's roster. Pro body, great shooter with range, plays with a lot of grit and confidence and comes from a very good high school conference. His team also played a national schedule his junior year. He almost averaged a triple double this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    Thanks to the new rules changes (which I support, so I am not criticizing them), an intra-conference transfer would bring a wealth of intel on a recurring opponent. This is a new wrinkle that is now fair game.

I don't see many games this year (due to the wretched and greedy ACC Network that has told me that my 28 years as a fan is not worth access to games on TV, and it too incompetent to find a way to let me purchase the games a la carte without buying a second, unneeded new cable service), but I am assuming that all ACC teams know the drama this guy brings and will want to stay away.
    Matt Cross just went from Miami to Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    Keels is the key addition to next year's roster. Pro body, great shooter with range, plays with a lot of grit and confidence and comes from a very good high school conference. His team also played a national schedule his junior year. He almost averaged a triple double this year.
    Absolutely agree, he would be the perfect piece to finalize next year’s roster assuming all the expected player return. Roach, Steward and Keels would be devastating in the backcourt together.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Absolutely agree, he would be the perfect piece to finalize next year’s roster assuming all the expected player return. Roach, Steward and Keels would be devastating in the backcourt together.
    Will Moore remain or go to the G league?

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Will Moore remain or go to the G league?
    Great point. If Keels signs up somebody surely leaves as all four will expect lots of PT. And what if Jordan wants to play?

Maybe K is reading tea leaves and knows at least one of the existing frosh/Moore will be taking off?

Goes Without Saying

But I'm saying it anyway... Keels is a make or break recruit for us this year. I don't see Kentucky as a realistic alternative. Villanova is a different story. But with him, we will be strongly built at almost every position. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    But I'm saying it anyway... Keels is a make or break recruit for us this year. I don't see Kentucky as a realistic alternative. Villanova is a different story. But with him, we will be strongly built at almost every position. Go Duke!
    I disagree. If, for example, all four of Roach, Steward, Moore, and Goldwire return with the incoming Griffin, then we are pretty well stacked everywhere.

Keels becomes critical if one of our key perimeter guys leaves, but otherwise is icing on the cake.

I disagree. If, for example, all four of Roach, Steward, Moore, and Goldwire return with the incoming Griffin, then we are pretty well stacked everywhere.

Keels becomes critical if one of our key perimeter guys leaves, but otherwise is icing on the cake.
    Yeah, I don't even know what "make or break" means? Is the implication that if we only add Banchero and Griffin that we won't have had a great recruiting year? Is the implication that without Keels Duke is not a national title contender next season? I don't see that at all. Roach, Steward, Griffin, Moore, Banchero, Williams, Brakefield, and possibly Goldwire (or Hurt?!?!) is easily a national title contender. Keels would be a wonderful add, but isn't even in the ballpark of being a "make or break" recruit.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

UVA needs Keels in the worst possible way. UVA's current shooting guards can't...shoot. They're very good individual defenders but they don't stretch the defense, which allows teams to stick with Murphy, Hauser, and Huff. Woldetensae coming back should help some but he's not a long-term fix. Maybe McCorkle, Abdur-Rahim, and Murray will give UVA more offense next year but Keels would be a huge get for UVA. Sadly, Keels is not coming to UVA.

Just listened to the new episode of the Duke Basketball Podcast and they were talking to Goldwire about playing his last game in Cameron, so it seems pretty clear that he will not be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vfefrenzy View Post
    Just listened to the new episode of the Duke Basketball Podcast and they were talking to Goldwire about playing his last game in Cameron, so it seems pretty clear that he will not be back next year.
    Goldwire said nothing of the sort.

Here's what he said on yesterday's Zoom media call.

"This is our last home game against Louisville, so, I am a senior, so it definitely has come across my mind that it could possibly be my last game. Honestly, I haven't felt it too much because we've been focused on the game. . . . it hasn't crossed my mind too much."