Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    Well, that's not what you want.
    So many unknowns. He may be lucky to play at 100% next season.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    So many unknowns. He may be lucky to play at 100% next season.
    It turns out his "dislocated ankle" wasn't dislocated, only a bad sprain. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Interesting twitter exchange here
    My interpretation of this is, some guy who doesn't know anything tweeted that, and Patrick Baldwin himself responded by mocking him and suggesting that he doesn't have any source for that information.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    My interpretation of this is, some guy who doesn't know anything tweeted that, and Patrick Baldwin himself responded by mocking him and suggesting that he doesn't have any source for that information.
    And then PBJs mocking tweet was retweeted by Paolo Banchero, bringing an additional level of complexity to the task of deciphering the social media posts of HS basketball recruits

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It turns out his "dislocated ankle" wasn't dislocated, only a bad sprain. So there's that.
    Technically a dislocation is just a really bad sprain

Is that better or worse? Some sprains linger a long time...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Probably not good for this season, but I would imagine it's pretty good for next season (vs something like an ACL or Achilles injury).

Probably not good for this season, but I would imagine it's pretty good for next season (vs something like an ACL or Achilles injury).
    Good sign for Baldwin committing to Duke. Duke has a thing for players with major high school injuries (Giles, Roach)
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Good sign for Baldwin committing to Duke. Duke has a thing for players with major high school injuries (Giles, Roach)
    Don't forget Quin Cook. He didn't have much of a freshman year because he was still recovering from his knee/leg injuries.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    For long term anything that doesn't require surgery is probably better. Near term sprains (as we all know from our vigils over the years) are very hard to predict how fast they will heal. So I would say for this season it's a big question mark, but next season should be 100% fine as long as there aren't additional injuries from trying to come back too fast or compensating in any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    This is how I interpreted it as well. Some random person says that PBJ is down to Milwaukee or Northwestern. PBJ replies, "I'm a source and trust what I say." It's like an "I see you, and your source doesn't know anything." That Paolo Banchero retweeted it is kind of the icing on the cake.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. Injury Update: Good News

Jake Weingarten provides a quick update on the scary lower leg injury top recruit Patrick Baldwin, Jr. suffered over the weekend:

There was no dislocation, fractures or breaks. He has a high ankle sprain and he will be out indefinitely, according to his coach.

More Baldwin Jr news: February or March timeframe?

Jason Jordan of Sports Illustrated provides a brief update on top recruit Patrick Baldwin, Jr. The young man shares that he expects a full recovery from his ankle injury and is grateful for that. He also suggests a February or March timeline for a commitment seems about right to him.

On rumors that have been circulating, PBJ had the following to say:

“It’s weird because I just feel like people just straight make things up,” Baldwin said. “I’ve never said it’s a two-horse race, so, of course, that’s not true. I mean I could see where the speculations came from, I mean Duke offered me when I was a freshman, and my dad is obviously at Milwaukee. It’s definitely not a two-horse race, but they’re definitely strong candidates.”

Get this! The young man who came and fixed my DirecTV today is Kenny Blakeney's nephew. He saw the Duke stuff in the den and we began a marvelous chat. He was a baby in 1991 and went to the game in 1992. I wasn't a baby but I was there, too.
    I told him we're all very proud of his uncle and I'm pulling for Coach to do well at Howard and beyond.
    Pretty sure that's ok with everybody here!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Get this! The young man who came and fixed my DirecTV today is Kenny Blakeney's nephew. He saw the Duke stuff in the den and we began a marvelous chat. He was a baby in 1991 and went to the game in 1992. I wasn't a baby but I was there, too.
    I told him we're all very proud of his uncle and I'm pulling for Coach to do well at Howard and beyond.
    Pretty sure that's ok with everybody here!
    Very cool! I just looked and saw the team is only 1-4 on the season. Was hoping they were doing better...at least they have a better win % than Kentucky

Transfer Blues and News

There have been a couple of major players have hit the transfer market after disagreements with their programs/head coaches. One is Oscar Tshiebwe, a 6'9" F formally of West Virginia. He's a big, long, and burly dude that could provide immense help to any program. He's probably best suited as a small-ball 5 in college and maybe the NBA. This is big news as he averaged 11 pts/9 rebs/1 blk in just 23 minutes per game last year. He's a very productive, high energy player that must have had major issues with Bob Huggins. I doubt Duke is a player in his recruitment, but nearly every major program will be.

One to watch is 6'3" G Caleb Mills, formerly of Houston. Mills hails from Arden, NC, just outside of Asheville. He is a born scorer and has a unique high release for a guard his size. As a freshman, he was an All-Conference performer as a three-level scorer. I'm not sure what happened in Houston, but Mills is a talented player that may be looking for another opportunity closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    There have been a couple of major players have hit the transfer market after disagreements with their programs/head coaches. One is Oscar Tshiebwe, a 6'9" F formally of West Virginia. He's a big, long, and burly dude that could provide immense help to any program. He's probably best suited as a small-ball 5 in college and maybe the NBA. This is big news as he averaged 11 pts/9 rebs/1 blk in just 23 minutes per game last year. He's a very productive, high energy player that must have had major issues with Bob Huggins. I doubt Duke is a player in his recruitment, but nearly every major program will be.

One to watch is 6'3" G Caleb Mills, formerly of Houston. Mills hails from Arden, NC, just outside of Asheville. He is a born scorer and has a unique high release for a guard his size. As a freshman, he was an All-Conference performer as a three-level scorer. I'm not sure what happened in Houston, but Mills is a talented player that may be looking for another opportunity closer to home.

Mills is intriguing, I wonder if Duke will show any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Mills is intriguing, I wonder if Duke will show any interest.
    Arden is the home of Christ School, where the Plumlee brothers prepped. Does Mills go there?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Arden is the home of Christ School, where the Plumlee brothers prepped. Does Mills go there?
    Arden is just about ten minutes outside Asheville. Never happened upon any Plumlees myself, but I have friends who made a point of going to watch them play.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "We prepped together, went to war together, we built this club, he and I!"
    "Judge...my father...never liked you."