Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ Duke really likes him, especially in that class.

Great player, and I know it's early but I read an article a few days ago where he just raved about Kentucky. Even said his mom really likes Cal.

Edit: just found the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/balldurham.com/2019/09/05/duke-basketball-target-high-kentucky/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...09485455544329

Duke visiting 2021 5* Chet Holmgren out of Minnesota.
    What are the chances of Duke getting someone to come all the way from Minnesota? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    What are the chances of Duke getting someone to come all the way from Minnesota? 😀
    😀

Well if his last name is Jones then pretty good but Holmgren is a little too close to Humphries for my liking...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    ��

Well if his last name is Jones then pretty good but Holmgren is a little too close to Humphries for my liking...
    But it's close to Hurt and/or Horvath.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    But it's close to Hurt and/or Horvath.
    And, it's also close to Holmberg but he's from Heritage.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And, it's also close to Holmberg but he's from Heritage.
    Isn't that where hurricanes hardly happen?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Isn't that where hurricanes hardly happen?
    Hopelessly, yes.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Via twitter, Paolo Banchero released his Top 9, which includes Baylor, Duke, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

The entire Duke coaching staff is flying out to Seattle to visit with Banchero next week. The young big man has said that he will stay in the Class of 2021. A lot of time left to go in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hopelessly, yes.
    Also true, unfortunately, of the ability of threads here to stay on topic!

Is it just me or is it weird that the front page has Terrence Clark committing in 20 minutes with Duke a contender but no posts at all here about it. Rupp Rafters has 2 threads discussing it.

It’s bad luck for Duke if I tune in so I’ll just check back later around 2:00.

It was a for-gone conclusion that Clark was headed to Kentucky.

Jabari Smith(2021)

Duke visited 2021 5*/ 6'8" Jabari Smith, Jr.(Sandy Creek HS/Tyrone, GA)this morning. Son of former LSU/NBA player. He does not currently hold an offer from Duke as best as I can tell.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school...oCPB2dYfOBdM/#
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Duke visited 2021 5*/ 6'8" Jabari Smith, Jr.(Sandy Creek HS/Tyrone, GA)this morning. Son of former LSU/NBA player. He does not currently hold an offer from Duke as best as I can tell.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school...oCPB2dYfOBdM/#
    With all of the defections from the Class of 2021 up to '20, you wonder who is going to be around next year. Might as well get the feelers out sooner, rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    With all of the defections from the Class of 2021 up to '20, you wonder who is going to be around next year. Might as well get the feelers out sooner, rather than later.
    First need to figure out which players from the class of '22 will reclass to the class of '21.

The Twitters tell me that after securing Clarke, UK is no longer recruiting top-5 guard Jalen Green. Duke has shown interest and he is likely to schedule a visit, even though we are getting in late. Things can change fast.

247Sports Updates Rankings for Class of 2021

The new rankings, including changes, reflect observations from the summer AAU circuit and a few reclassifications. Players of note/interest are below.

1. Jonathan Kuminga, 6'8" F (no change)
    2. Chet Holmgren, 7'0" C (+4) - Duke has not offered (yet?)
    3. Patrick Baldwin, Jr. 6'8" F (-1)
    4. Paolo Banchero, 6'9" F (+1)
    5. AJ Griffin, Jr., 6'7" F (+4)
    6. Jabari Smith, 6'8" PF (+4) - Duke has not offered (yet?)
    10. Max Christie, 6'6" G (+1)
    19. Kennedy Chandler, 6'1" PG (+8) - Duke has not offered (yet?)

Duke currently appears to be in great shape with Kuminga, Baldwin, Griffin, and Christie. It's unclear to me if Kuminga is going to stay in the Class of 2021. In an article, about the new rankings, Evan Daniels wrote the Kuminga would be in contention for the #1 overall player were Kuminga to reclassify to the Class of 2020.

It seems like every year some new targets emerge in the summer camps...some of the guys we're recruiting for 2020 weren't on the radar at year ago...or were only tiny blips...

One of the top Duke targets for 2021, AJ Griffin, Jr. was a standout performer at the 2019 Northeast Fall Invitational over the weekend. Prep Circuit had a write up of several players, including Griffin.

2021 F A.J. Griffin (Archbishop Stepinac, NY) – Another MVP candidate from this past weekend was without a doubt Adrian Griffin Jr. out of Archbishop Stepinac. Griffin Jr. had himself a very outstanding performance in both games during his time in Jersey. He was able to show his power, strength, and athleticism throughout, scored effectively and effortlessly, and was super active on the defensive end of the ball. A.J was assertive on the glass and proved his guard skills as a 6-foot-6 plus forward. Let us not be surprised if the top ranked junior puts up huge numbers throughout the high school season.
    Sound a bit Winslow-esque, no? Griffin will be attending Countdown to Craziness along with fellow Class of 2021 player Paolo Banchero.

Kuminga Staying Put?

Somewhat big news in recruiting: Jonathan Kuminga had an interview with Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers and reiterates he will stay in the Class of 2021.

Somewhat big news in recruiting: Jonathan Kuminga had an interview with Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers and reiterates he will stay in the Class of 2021.
    Might be a bummer for next year. We could really use one more stud recruit for next year, and he was one of few obvious options remaining.

- Chillin