Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Boy, if only Javin could shoot that 10 footer like that!
    He could, when he was in high school, playing against high school players.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Interesting update with Terrence Clarke, considered one of the top 3 players in the class of 2021. He is "openly considering" (whatever that means) reclassifying up to the class of 2020. In addition, the Boston, MA native has a relationship with B.J. Boston and the two are talking about attending college together. This article from the Kentucky blog A Sea of Blue gets into slightly more detail and includes a brief video.

From what I have read and seen, Clarke is an elite scorer at the SG/WF position in the mold of R.J. Barrett. He could play any of three positions on the court between point and wing. He's not as physically developed as Barrett and appears to be much leaner. Memphis, Kentucky, and just about everyone else is after Clarke. He is known as a versatile scorer and distributor with improving shot mechanics. I saw a brief interview with recruiting expert Evan Daniels where he noted that Clarke is in the mix, along with Jonathan Kuminga and Duke target Patrick Baldwin as the top overall player in the class of 2021.

If he does reclass to 2020, I could see a pretty great fit alongside Jalen Johnson and Jeremy Roach. Combine those three with B.J. Boston and Walker Kessler, and you have a truly elite group of players. If Clarke stays in the class of 2021, he joins Baldwin and PF Paolo Banchero as a dynamite trio of Duke targets. In either case, Clarke appears to have become a primary target for Duke, either sooner or later.

here's something to watch about Clarke and also Jalen Johnson. From NBA Draft guru Jon Givony (espn).

Quite a few rising high school seniors are actually eligible for the 2020 NBA draft age-wise, as they are turning 19 in the calendar year of the draft, but they will need to reclassify academically to accelerate their eligibility due to the somewhat vague language of the age limit in the NBA collective bargaining agreement. They will need to either graduate high school before the start of the 2020 NBA regular season or take the drastic move of dropping out of high school altogether (something that has never been attempted in relation to earning eligibility for the NBA draft and is a gray area). Jalen Lecque was able to petition the NBA successfully to be eligible for the 2019 NBA draft despite technically being a high school senior at Brewster Academy, but he had a strong case as he already had his high school diploma in hand. He ended up going undrafted Thursday rather than enrolling as a freshman at NC State this summer.

In 2020, this group of players includes some of the top players in the class, such as Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley, Jalen Johnson, Ziaire Williams, Scottie Barnes, Greg Brown and B.J. Boston -- all potential lottery prospects as early as next year. One player who just completed his high school sophomore year, Terrence Clarke, falls under this umbrella, too, as he was born in 2001.

The NBA has yet to turn down any player who is eligible age-wise to enter the draft, at least not that's publicly known, as losing that fight could open up a messy legal battle over the age limit. Entering the NBA a year or two ahead of schedule could be worth tens of millions of dollars to the right player. Could this be the year that a prospect challenges the language of the age limit and attempts to enter the draft in the calendar year he turns 19, as international players are already allowed to?

Duke has offered Jonathan Kuminga, one of the top recruits in 2021

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ga--133700668/

New Offer Alert: Jonathan Kuminga

According to his own twitter account, Duke and Coach K have extended an offer to Jonathan Kuminga. The young New Yorker is a 6'7" or so guard/wing and, along with Terrence Clarke and Patrick Baldwin, considered among the best players in the Class of 2021. As Jim Summers noted, one or more of those young men may end up in the Class of 2020. For now, though, Kuminga is a '21er.

Here are some highlights. The young man has what you might describe as "hops" and a "wet jumper."

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Duke has offered Jonathan Kuminga, one of the top recruits in 2021

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ga--133700668/
    Thanks for posting. Interesting that the article notes the importance of the relationship between his coach Andy Borman (former Duke walk-on and Coach K's nephew) and Coach K. Hopefully that will help us. It would be great to get a player from Long Island - has there been one since Heyman 60 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It would be great to get a player from Long Island - has there been one since Heyman 60 years ago?
    Tom Emma in 1979. Not sure how many since then.

According to his own twitter account, Duke and Coach K have extended an offer to Jonathan Kuminga. The young New Yorker is a 6'7" or so guard/wing and, along with Terrence Clarke and Patrick Baldwin, considered among the best players in the Class of 2021. As Jim Summers noted, one or more of those young men may end up in the Class of 2020. For now, though, Kuminga is a '21er.

Here are some highlights. The young man has what you might describe as "hops" and a "wet jumper."

OK, I give up...what's a "wet jumper"?

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    OK, I give up...what's a "wet jumper"?
    One that frequently splashes the net

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Thanks. Had no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Ah, ok, so it’s not a baby’s outfit that’s been peed in...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

According to Slater, we've offered Max Christie. He entered a CB pick for Christie to Duke also.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    According to Slater, we've offered Max Christie. He entered a CB pick for Christie to Duke also.
    For folks who are not familiar with him, Christie is a top 15-20 shooting guard who stands 6-6 and has good length. He's considered an elite shooter but has good handle and is quite creative on offense. He needs to gain weight and strength to get better on D.

It should come as no surprise that Duke's top recruiting assistant, Jon Scheyer, is taking the lead on an elite prospect like this but it is also worth noting that Scheyer's hometown of Northbrook, Illinois is only about 15 miles from Christie's hometown of Rolling Meadows. Both are in the Chicago suburbs.

-Jason "Scheyer is battling Chris Collins for this one... Christie is said to be strongly considering Northwestern" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

According to Slater, Duke is showing more interest in Kennedy Chandler. Top 40 PG.
    https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...63228789022720

If you’re bored, here is an uninformed opinion from someone I’ve never heard of. Enjoy.
    https://apple.news/ArB80_MEGPgWb-4qOjLTWmg

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    If you’re bored, here is an uninformed opinion from someone I’ve never heard of. Enjoy.
    I predict this person will transfer due to lack of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I predict this person will transfer due to lack of playing time.
    Would have been a solid post in 2020/2021 minutes thread. He’s probably got Tre Jones at 35+MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Bahaha. Funny. Do most people consider Hurt a one and done? I thought he's high on the high school ranks but the NBA isn't as high on him ... Of course, I'd love for him to have a great freshman season and show his stuff.

Interesting note from Adam Zagoria regarding Jonathan Kuminga:

Speaking of reclassifying, I’m told Coach K would really like @JonathanKuming6 to reclass and come to Duke for 2020. I wrote this at Peach Jam.
    Zagoria has a longer article on Kuminga, which features quotes from, among others, AAU coach Andy Borman.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/07/13/...-future-plans/

Interesting note from Adam Zagoria regarding Jonathan Kuminga:

Zagoria has a longer article on Kuminga, which features quotes from, among others, AAU coach Andy Borman.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/07/13/...-future-plans/
    Assuming that he is 16 years old as Borman states, reclassifying would appear to be a bit aggressive, no?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Assuming that he is 16 years old as Borman states, reclassifying would appear to be a bit aggressive, no?
    Kuminga's date of birth is October 6, 2002, so he will be 17 during this upcoming year of high school basketball. That puts him on track to be an 18 year old during the 2020-21 season and to turn 19 right before the NBA season of 2021-22. While I am not 100% certain of this, were he to graduate high school next summer, I think he would be eligible to declare for the 2021 draft. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.