Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 550
  1. #421
    Jonathan Kuminga, the top 2021 prospect, is going to release a top 5 this afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Eastern. The latest gossip is that he's looking at either Texas Tech or the G-League. I would not be surprised to see Duke among the list of top 5. For what it is worth, he only follows 19 twitter accounts. That list includes Duke's official account as well as incoming Class of 2020 commit Jalen Johnson. He also follows John Calipari, for what it's worth. My guess (I am bad at this) is that he'll have Texas Tech, Duke, Kentucky, Auburn, and another SEC team.

  2. #422

    Kuminga releases top 5 and Duke makes the cut

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Jonathan Kuminga, the top 2021 prospect, is going to release a top 5 this afternoon at 3:00 p.m. Eastern. The latest gossip is that he's looking at either Texas Tech or the G-League. I would not be surprised to see Duke among the list of top 5. For what it is worth, he only follows 19 twitter accounts. That list includes Duke's official account as well as incoming Class of 2020 commit Jalen Johnson. He also follows John Calipari, for what it's worth. My guess (I am bad at this) is that he'll have Texas Tech, Duke, Kentucky, Auburn, and another SEC team.
    Kuminga has released his short list, and i was mostly spot-on.

    Auburn, Duke, Kentucky, Texas Tech, and the G-League

    I suspect that Kuminga will not play in college.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Kuminga has released his short list, and i was mostly spot-on.

    Auburn, Duke, Kentucky, Texas Tech, and the G-League

    I suspect that Kuminga will not play in college.
    So heís going to Orange County high. I donít see them on the list

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Kuminga has released his short list, and i was mostly spot-on.

    Auburn, Duke, Kentucky, Texas Tech, and the G-League

    I suspect that Kuminga will not play in college.
    That's really good, educated guessing. Well done!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's really good, educated guessing. Well done!
    I've been off with other recent recruits. Am I getting better at this? Probably not.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I've been off with other recent recruits. Am I getting better at this? Probably not.
    I'd say yes, but, recency bias creeps in sometimes .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greensboro

    J K

    I do believe this is all ado about nothing...

  8. #428
    Looks like we have reached out to recent Florida transfer, Andrew Nembhard. He played with RJ @ Montverde in high school. Good PG prospect - looks like we will be going at both him and Kennedy Chandler.

    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...801773057?s=20

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Looks like we have reached out to recent Florida transfer, Andrew Nembhard. He played with RJ @ Montverde in high school. Good PG prospect - looks like we will be going at both him and Kennedy Chandler.

    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...801773057?s=20
    This is most likely a due diligence effort. That being said, Nembhard is a heck of a point guard. He's big (6'5") and quality defender, scores well enough, can dish it out, and he's a good defender. Nembhard struggled as a 3-point shooter in his sophomore year (30.8%) but was closer to a 35% 3-point shooter as a freshman and has consistently been a 75%+ FT shooter in both years. His assist rate is very high. Florida has played at an incredibly slow pace the past couple of years. Averaging 5.6 assists when your adjusted tempo is 320th in the nation is impressive. Seeing Nembhard in a faster-paced system would be really interesting. If the coaching staff thinks Chandler is not an option or that Jeremy Roach is a one-and-done, Nembhard would be a heck of an option. He will be among the best PGs in the country and could be #1 if he regains his shooting form from 3.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Looks like we have reached out to recent Florida transfer, Andrew Nembhard. He played with RJ @ Montverde in high school. Good PG prospect - looks like we will be going at both him and Kennedy Chandler.

    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...801773057?s=20
    Him as a junior will probably be better than the PG prospects of '21 so far.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Looks like we have reached out to recent Florida transfer, Andrew Nembhard. He played with RJ @ Montverde in high school. Good PG prospect - looks like we will be going at both him and Kennedy Chandler.

    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...801773057?s=20
    He is playing for UF head coach Mike White, the son of Duke AD Kevin White.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    This is most likely a due diligence effort. That being said, Nembhard is a heck of a point guard. He's big (6'5") and quality defender, scores well enough, can dish it out, and he's a good defender. ...
    Not only that, but I heard he plays defense pretty well.





    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    This is most likely a due diligence effort. That being said, Nembhard is a heck of a point guard. He's big (6'5") and quality defender, scores well enough, can dish it out, and he's a good defender. Nembhard struggled as a 3-point shooter in his sophomore year (30.8%) but was closer to a 35% 3-point shooter as a freshman and has consistently been a 75%+ FT shooter in both years. His assist rate is very high. Florida has played at an incredibly slow pace the past couple of years. Averaging 5.6 assists when your adjusted tempo is 320th in the nation is impressive. Seeing Nembhard in a faster-paced system would be really interesting. If the coaching staff thinks Chandler is not an option or that Jeremy Roach is a one-and-done, Nembhard would be a heck of an option. He will be among the best PGs in the country and could be #1 if he regains his shooting form from 3.
    Jeremy Roach seems to me like more of a 2-3 year player than a 1 and done, and if that's the case, it's going to be a bit of a hard sell for Nembhard. Would love to have the kid, though. He's a terrific player.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not only that, but I heard he plays defense pretty well.





    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Sometimes the Department of Redundancy Department takes over the editing duties.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not only that, but I heard he plays defense pretty well.


    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    He's also amphibious, he can play defense with either hand.

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    Sometimes the Department of Redundancy Department takes over the editing duties.
    I prefer to call that repetitively redundant.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    Sometimes the Department of Redundancy Department takes over the editing duties.
    Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Not only that, but I heard he plays defense pretty well.
    He's a one man double team!

    Just to pile on.

  19. #439
    Work e-mails get a thorough review. I'm being paid to be precise at work. This board isn't getting that level of review unless you start paying up.

  20. #440

    Rivals Releases Updated Top 150 for Class of 2021

    Rivals announced that it updated its Top 150 for the Class of 2021, although I don't see much movement among the players. Here are the players Duke has offered or are scouting:

    1. Jonathan Kuminga, 6'8" F
    2. Patrick Baldwin, 6'9" F
    3. Paolo Banchero, 6'9" F
    7. AJ Griffin, 6'6" F - Committed
    10. Kennedy Chandler, 6'0" PG
    14. Trevor Keels, 6'5" SG
    17. Max Christie, 6'5" SG
    22. Charles Bediako, 6'10" C

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Duke95 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2886
    Last Post: 08-09-2018, 06:53 PM
  2. 2017 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Henderson in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4965
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
  3. 2016 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Ichabod Drain in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3515
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 10:01 PM
  4. 2014 Basketball Recruiting thread
    By jnastasi in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3585
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 09:00 PM
  5. 2012 Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By Osiagledknarf in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3572
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •