Page 116 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2971
    Not sure where it is going to be televised, but Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin, and Trevor Keels are all playing in the Iverson Classic on May 8th. Banchero and Griffin will be on the same team. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Not sure where it is going to be televised, but Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin, and Trevor Keels are all playing in the Iverson Classic on May 8th. Banchero and Griffin will be on the same team. Should be fun.
    The past Iverson Classics have streamed on Sling TV, but it seems it is not determined yet where/how it will stream. https://iversonclassic.com/
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 04-26-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Here it is... the Iverson Classic is on SUVtv: https://www.thesuvtv.com/alleniversonclassic

Duke is as interested in Marcus Bagley as they were in that kid who committed to Ohio State last year but had Duke on his finalists list, even though he was never offered.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Duke is as interested in Marcus Bagley as they were in that kid who committed to Ohio State last year but had Duke on his finalists list, even though he was never offered.
    Look, if Marcus Bagley wants to come to Duke and does not care about playing time, I am sure Duke would welcome him... but I doubt that is the case and I am sure he has looked at the Duke roster and seen that playing time could be quite hard to come by for him next year in Durham.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

One flipped to Duke...probably doesn't mean much but I wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke2015 View Post

Watson is a respected Duke insider. Can this actually be happening?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Watson is a respected Duke insider. Can this actually be happening?
    It's one insider, so that's interesting. My experience with the Crystal Ball has been that several insiders - John Watson, Chad Lykins, Adam Rowe, etc. - all making picks is a strong indicator. It's worth monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke2015 View Post

This is actually kinda huge. An expert flipping (back) certainly means winds are shifting. My thought is that GLeague might be courting PBJ too but at least our dream is still alive!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Ok, now that there appears to be evidence that there's a non-trivial chance we land PBJ, I have to ask: what would this mean for Wendell Moore? Could this be Coleman v. John 2.0, meaning we might be trading one year of a freshman PBJ for 1 or 2 years of junior/senior Wendell? Because if we do get PBJ, Wendell certainly isn't starting. You could make the argument that he'd have a super sixth man role being the primary sub at the 2-4 positions, but Keels and Joey would take some of those minutes at the 2-3, and John potentially some at the 4.

Now, the situations aren't perfect analogues (nothing ever is, haha) considering PBJ is such a talent that you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that he isn't an improvement over Wendell talent-wise, whereas there was legitimate debate over whether John was enough of an improvement over Henry to merit the trade. But one of the things that has me excited about next year's squad is the impact that a junior Wendell Moore, who has played significant minutes in his first two years (without going into the stats, would I'll leave to Kedsy, I'd bet he's got our most minutes played of a returning junior since Grayson even with the abbreviated season last year), could provide significant leadership and help turn a young squad into a cohesive bunch.

Hate to break the seal on this debate, but now it seems worth having...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Ok, now that there appears to be evidence that there's a non-trivial chance we land PBJ, I have to ask: what would this mean for Wendell Moore? Could this be Coleman v. John 2.0, meaning we might be trading one year of a freshman PBJ for 1 or 2 years of junior/senior Wendell? Because if we do get PBJ, Wendell certainly isn't starting. You could make the argument that he'd have a super sixth man role being the primary sub at the 2-4 positions, but Keels and Joey would take some of those minutes at the 2-3, and John potentially some at the 4.

Now, the situations aren't perfect analogues (nothing ever is, haha) considering PBJ is such a talent that you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that he isn't an improvement over Wendell talent-wise, whereas there was legitimate debate over whether John was enough of an improvement over Henry to merit the trade. But one of the things that has me excited about next year's squad is the impact that a junior Wendell Moore, who has played significant minutes in his first two years (without going into the stats, would I'll leave to Kedsy, I'd bet he's got our most minutes played of a returning junior since Grayson even with the abbreviated season last year), could provide significant leadership and help turn a young squad into a cohesive bunch.

Can't forget about AG. If we somehow land PBJ, I would have a hard time believing we do not lose someone.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Can't forget about AG. If we somehow land PBJ, I would have a hard time believing we do not lose someone.
    I was operating under the assumption that, if we get PBJ, our starting lineup would be Roach, AJ, PBJ, Paolo, and Mark. That would clearly be our most talented lineup, even if it might require some defensive adjustments like the use of the zone.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I predict that will be coming to Duke - and it will be a late commitment. I do not believe that he stays and plays for his dad. But he will prolong the decision to keep that illusion open.

What that does to any other guys on the roster – that I have no idea.

If PBJ comes, I think it would have a bigger impact on John. Coach would still play his top 7 a boatload of minutes and Wendell would certainly be in the top 7. He might even be a starter. I'd imagine a 2-3 zone with Paolo, Mark and Patrick along the baseline with Wendell and AJ up top could be fairly awesome.

Should Duke land Baldwin, I could easily see Duke starting Williams/Banchero/Baldwin/Moore/Roach, with Keels and Griffin getting starter's minutes off the bench and John getting 10 or so mpg backing up Williams at the 5. Baker could make the rotation if he's consistent from beyond the arc.

I think Moore brings a lot to the table and having a junior starting would be a big plus, IMO. And if Corey Maggette can come off the bench as a freshman, then so can A.J. Griffin. Ancient history, you say. Frank Jackson averaged 25 mpg for Duke in 2017 and he was as highly-regarded as is Griffin.

I would guess that Baldwin would instead push guys like Baker, John, and Blakes to the fringe. Keels and Moore would be the key bench guys, and each would get 20-25 mpg. But I would guess the rest of the roster would see like 10-15 mpg combined.

But MAN that would be a talented top-7.

Factor in -- a player or two will have foot or leg injuries that will open up playing time for our bench -- count on it.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I would guess that Baldwin would instead push guys like Baker, John, and Blakes to the fringe. Keels and Moore would be the key bench guys, and each would get 20-25 mpg. But I would guess the rest of the roster would see like 10-15 mpg combined.

But MAN that would be a talented top-7.
    Agree with this, particularly with regard to Blakes. I think Moore has probably been the backup pseudo-PG plan all along. Whatever minutes at the wing he misses out on if we get Baldwin I expect he'll largely make up playing the 1 when Roach sits.

I see Griffin is ranked #12 in this year's recruiting class. At face value, that's not the type of ranking that makes it automatic that he'd start over a junior Moore, right? More similar ranking to Bolden/Hurt/Tre Jones/Trent Jr rather than Zion/Barrett/Bagley etc.

there'll be plenty of minutes for all of them, but I don't see Griffin coming off the bench.