Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    I am sure Duke would take both and they could play off one another much like Jon and Gerald did.

Christie is a better ball handler and could be the secondary facilitator whereas, Keels is the better rebounder and gritty defender.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    ^ Yeah, anyone know if Keels and Christie are mutually exclusive?

Not sure who I like more, both are very impressive.
    I don't know. Duke could be thin or overloaded on the perimeter/wings heading into 2021.

Jordan Goldwire and Alex O'Connell will be seniors next year.

Joey Baker appears to be on a 4-year college track, so he will be in play as a wing.

I am assuming that Wendell Moore, Jr. will be a sophomore next year but hoping for a big year from him. He could be off to the NBA or could be a 3- or 4-year guy. It's tough to tell with him as he has obvious skills but a few critical limitations right now. If he figures out how to improve on a few things, like the handle and jumper, he could be very good.

Jeremy Roach and DJ Steward are both 5-star recruits and McDonald's All-Americans. I assume every one of those types of players has an eye on being a one-and-done even if the freshman season doesn't pan out that way. It is possible that Steward could go pro after his freshman season.

If Goldwire, AOC, Moore, and Steward all depart after next year, Duke could still have Joey Baker and is bringing in a wing in AJ Griffin as well as being all in on another wing/forward in Patrick Baldwin, Jr. PBJ is good friends with Christie and I could see Christie, Griffin, and Baldwin being a great combo on the floor together. I'm not sure Keels fits into that group unless he is fine being a guy that shares time with Christie or if Duke feels fine with Baldwin at the tallest guy on the court. My guess is that Christie and Baldwin commit this summer or early fall and Keels looks elsewhere. But who knows?

Duke has done this before with overlaps with players that could play the same positions. RJ, Zion and Cam were all small forwards and each had different role and were all on the floor together. Keels at the 3 and Christie at the 2 would be very dynamic. I said it before... like having Jon and Gerald on the floor together

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    Duke has done this before with overlaps with players that could play the same positions. RJ, Zion and Cam were all small forwards and each had different role and were all on the floor together. Keels at the 3 and Christie at the 2 would be very dynamic. I said it before... like having Jon and Gerald on the floor together
    It's not that I don't think Keels and Christie could co-exist on the floor together. It's everyone else Duke is recruiting for the class. I don't see a scenario where Duke gets all 4 of Baldwin, Christie, Griffin (already committed), and Keels. Duke already has one stud wing committed in Griffin and appears to be in great shape with Baldwin and Christie. Unless Keels can or wants to play the point or Baldwin can or wants to be the big man on the floor, I don't see it happening.

Which recruiting prospects will be in attendance tonight ? And more importantly - who will make the trip across the court to sit with the Crazies!

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Which recruiting prospects will be in attendance tonight ? And more importantly - who will make the trip across the court to sit with the Crazies!
    There will be 4 recruits at Cameron tonight, including 2020 commits Jaemyn Brakefield and Jeremy Roach. From the Class of 2021, Trevor Keels will be on an unofficial visit. From the Class of 2022, MJ Rice (6'5'" SF, top 25, from Durham Academy).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    There will be 4 recruits at Cameron tonight, including ... MJ Rice (6'5'" SF, top 25, from Durham Academy).
    Wow, talk about an emotional roller coaster. My first thought was that, a major recruit with roots in the triangle, he could be the son of King Rice, starting PG for the heels in the late 80s and early 90s. Age is about right.

How could I root for King Rice's son?

Then I thought: stealing a legacy from ol' roy? How delicious. King was a darn good player and is a D1 coach - good bloodlines. Since King would be busy during the season, we'd get mom Summer in the stands - bonus.

Alas, all we'd get with MJ is a great kid with lots of bounce and skills who quickly rising up the charts - with a very unfortunate nickname.

There will be 4 recruits at Cameron tonight, including 2020 commits Jaemyn Brakefield and Jeremy Roach. From the Class of 2021, Trevor Keels will be on an unofficial visit. From the Class of 2022, MJ Rice (6'5'" SF, top 25, from Durham Academy).
    Couldn't have been a better game for them to experience. The team played an outstanding game and the crowd was at its best. Had to make a favorable impression.

Alan Griffin transferring from Illinois. It has been reported that Duke has reached out to Griffin. It would be nice to have AJ and Alan playing together in 2021.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Alan Griffin transferring from Illinois. It has been reported that Duke has reached out to Griffin. It would be nice to have AJ and Alan playing together in 2021.
    Any new news on Alan Griffin? I have not seen anything since the initial Duke consideration from a few days ago.

My friend lives in Chicago and works in Sports Media. He passed along some info on Griffin, not necessarily all about Duke.

- The Griffin family made the decision to have Alan leave to attend a college ON the East Coast closer to home in NY. His mother was a major voice in this.
    - The two Griffin brothers would like to play together if possible and if things work out (as I would imagine most siblings would want)
    - Alan knows his younger Bro is OAD and he would like the opportunity to enter the NBA at the same time so a sit 1 and play 1 fits that
    - The Griffin family ahs the utmost respect for Coach K and "of given the opportunity", Duke "would be" a "legitimate" landing spot for Alan.

Now I know this is just a media guy that only hears things and has not spoken to the family or anything like that but still this is what he passed along that he has gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    My friend lives in Chicago and works in Sports Media. He passed along some info on Griffin, not necessarily all about Duke.

- The Griffin family made the decision to have Alan leave to attend a college ON the East Coast closer to home in NY. His mother was a major voice in this.
    - The two Griffin brothers would like to play together if possible and if things work out (as I would imagine most siblings would want)
    - Alan knows his younger Bro is OAD and he would like the opportunity to enter the NBA at the same time so a sit 1 and play 1 fits that
    - The Griffin family ahs the utmost respect for Coach K and "of given the opportunity", Duke "would be" a "legitimate" landing spot for Alan.

Now I know this is just a media guy that only hears things and has not spoken to the family or anything like that but still this is what he passed along that he has gathered.
    Thanks for that insight Jaks.

It'll be interesting for sure to see if we offer. Griffin plays the same position as Max Christie and Trevor Keels, both Duke 2021 targets at the 2/3.

Also in the mix and returning would likely be Steward and Baker.

Griffin plays the 2/3 as well.

Just my 2 cents on this is Duke will not get both Keels and Christie. I think the main target is Christie and if Duke does get him then they may cool on Keels. Keels and Griffin are similar in size and skills.

Paolo Banchero Working on Virtual Visit with Duke

Top 10 Class of 2021 recruit Paolo Banchero is working on a virtual visit with Duke, among other schools, according to an interview with Jake Weingarten. Banchero recently made a little bit of news by receiving an offer from Arizona and adding the dessert Wildcats to the group of now 10 schools he is considering. He also indicates an interest in narrowing down his list of final schools to five in short order.

Banchero made an in-person visit to Duke earlier this school year. I wonder how the seasons of Vernon Carey, Jr. and Isaiah Stewart might affect the decision of Banchero. Both had good seasons, but Washington as a team really underperformed. Carey was named a consensus All-American and Duke was a top team all year. Banchero, as some of you might know, lives in the Seattle area. For a big man, the Blue Devils have done a great job featuring a variety of players and play styles recently between traditional posts like Jahlil Okafor, Carey, and Wendell Carter, Jr. But Duke has also done a great job of featuring more versatile big men like Zion Williamson and Marvin Bagley III.

This is going to be battle for Banchero's services. Duke looks like it is in fight.

Imagine

Top 10 Class of 2021 recruit Paolo Banchero is working on a virtual visit with Duke, among other schools, according to an interview with Jake Weingarten. Banchero recently made a little bit of news by receiving an offer from Arizona and adding the dessert Wildcats to the group of now 10 schools he is considering. He also indicates an interest in narrowing down his list of final schools to five in short order.

Banchero made an in-person visit to Duke earlier this school year. I wonder how the seasons of Vernon Carey, Jr. and Isaiah Stewart might affect the decision of Banchero. Both had good seasons, but Washington as a team really underperformed. Carey was named a consensus All-American and Duke was a top team all year. Banchero, as some of you might know, lives in the Seattle area. For a big man, the Blue Devils have done a great job featuring a variety of players and play styles recently between traditional posts like Jahlil Okafor, Carey, and Wendell Carter, Jr. But Duke has also done a great job of featuring more versatile big men like Zion Williamson and Marvin Bagley III.

This is going to be battle for Banchero's services. Duke looks like it is in fight.
    Imagine what those players could have done with a real big man coach!

Top 10 Class of 2021 recruit Paolo Banchero is working on a virtual visit with Duke, among other schools, according to an interview with Jake Weingarten. Banchero recently made a little bit of news by receiving an offer from Arizona and adding the dessert Wildcats to the group ...
    For some reason, this seemed pertinent:

horsePG.jpg

Banchero recently made a little bit of news by receiving an offer from Arizona and adding the dessert Wildcats to the group of now 10 schools he is considering.
    What kind of desserts are the Wildcats offering him? Cactus pie? I think we can beat them at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    What kind of desserts are the Wildcats offering him? Cactus pie? I think we can beat them at that game.
    Flambe. They go up in flames come March.

what is arizona's status as far the ncaa is concerned? did they skate like the cheats?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Well, given that it's sean miller and the UA Wildcats, I'll quote the opening song from the Music Man:

"Cash for the merchandise..."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.