Page 126 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2971
    Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Baldwin’s Twitter posted “The Pick Is In” half an hour ago. Could be his final decision, could be tied to the NFL draft, but it could be an interesting afternoon.
    It’s gone now - or I can’t find it. Can we delete this?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    He's had that background for weeks. It wasn't changed recently.

The news that Travis Branham from 247Sports put in a crystal ball selection for Milwaukee is interesting. The Duke insiders, or at least 2 of them, recently put in picks for Duke and then increased their confidence level. There's another Duke insider, Adam Rowe, and he hasn't changed his pick for Milwaukee. There's conflicting information out there. The news for Trevor Keels late was all towards Duke. This one is not pulling in the same direction. I suppose we'll find out eventually.
    Adam Rowe used to post on this board some. That's your daily DBR trivia.

He doesn't appear to follow Duke on instagram, and they do not appear to follow him. Seems incredibly unlikely he's coming based on the way we run social media accounts with recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Adam Rowe used to post on this board some. That's your daily DBR trivia.
    Still does... He's around.

I'm predicting that he will commit to Clemson. Go Tigers.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I don't think Keels has the lateral quickness to play PG in the NBA.
    NBA hoops are hard to predict. Who would have thought ten years ago there would be a limited market for back-to-the-basket 7-foot centers?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I'm predicting that he will commit to Clemson. Go Tigers.
    Clemson? Aren't they a football school?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Clemson? Aren't they a football school?
    I think Chris Hoke was making a Zion joke.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The latest DBR Podcast begins with about 10 minutes of discussion about Patrick Baldwin's decision, which may becoming in the next 48 hours: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP3633516811
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The latest DBR Podcast begins with about 10 minutes of discussion about Patrick Baldwin's decision, which may becoming in the next 48 hours: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP3633516811
    Well, it would be becoming if he be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...021/order/true

Duke and potential Duke guys:

3. Banchero
    4. Baldwin
    21. Keels
    27. Griffin
    89. Blakes

Observations:

-Griffin's ranking has slid from top 8 to 27 in less than 12 months. Not playing competitive ball at all in 2021 is a huge factor in that. But that can't really be all. The same thing happened to Jalen Johnson, and he ended up at around ~#13.
    -Keels dropped a few spots
    -Blakes is no[w] solidly in the top 100. Love the improvement, and he may be better than his ranking indicates
    247 has released their final rankings.

Here's how they have the Duke (and potential Duke) guys:

2. Banchero
    5. Baldwin
    9. Griffin
    19. Keels
    178. Blakes

Blakes being left out of the top-150 is a surprise. In the 247 Composite Rankings, which combines 247's rankings with some others (I don't know which ones), Blakes is #102, and the #16 point guard. But according to 247, he's #178 nationally and the #25 point guard in the class.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post

2. Banchero
    5. Baldwin
    9. Griffin
    19. Keels
    178. Blakes

Blakes being left out of the top-150 is a surprise. In the 247 Composite Rankings, which combines 247's rankings with some others (I don't know which ones), Blakes is #102, and the #16 point guard. But according to 247, he's #178 nationally and the #25 point guard in the class.
    TBH I couldn't care less about Blakes ranking. By all accounts he's the type of character guy and leader that we want in the program for multiple years. Honestly, if he's ranked lower maybe that will temper his PT expectations and further mitigate the potential for him to transfer!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

2. Banchero
    5. Baldwin
    9. Griffin
    19. Keels
    178. Blakes

For those who've followed the (incredibly brief) TyTy Washington/Duke recruitment fling, TyTy has risen to No. 16 on the 247 board and a 5-star recruit. He's set a decision date of May 15 and will choose between UK, KU, LSU, Oregon, Baylor, and Arizona. This is obviously not Duke-related recruiting at this point, but I enjoy typing TyTy, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    TBH I couldn't care less about Blakes ranking. By all accounts he's the type of character guy and leader that we want in the program for multiple years. Honestly, if he's ranked lower maybe that will temper his PT expectations and further mitigate the potential for him to transfer!
    have these kids really been evaluated in 2 years? I'm with you....i'm more impressed with his character and will to win.

2. Banchero
    5. Baldwin
    9. Griffin
    19. Keels
    178. Blakes

Steph Curry and Damian Lillard were 3 stars evaluated by 247 back in the day. You just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Steph Curry and Damian Lillard were 3 stars evaluated by 247 back in the day. You just never know.
    How did they work out?

First of all, no they weren't. 247 was launched in 2010, and both Curry and Lillard were already stars in college by then.

Second, I've never understood this argument. People have won the lottery too, but it's still really, really, really (really!) unlikely that you'll win tomorrow if you buy a ticket.

That's right. And Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick. It's fruitless to even bother with evaluations and grades.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How did they work out?
    Free weights, some cardio, that twisty rope thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    First of all, no they weren't. 247 was launched in 2010, and both Curry and Lillard were already stars in college by then.

Second, I've never understood this argument. People have won the lottery too, but it's still really, really, really (really!) unlikely that you'll win tomorrow if you buy a ticket.
    There were ranking services back then, including Scout and Rivals, and RSCI, which you frequently cite.

And neither Curry nor Lillard were ranked in the top 100 as a far as I could tell. Their development was comparable to winning a lottery??

Recruiting rankings are nice, but they are not destiny.