Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
I agree that the odds of him coming to Duke are pretty small, but every day that passes means there is still a chance. Is there any chance that he is considering the G-League? It seems like he comes from a fairly academically-minded family and I assume money is not an issue as his dad is a D-1 head coach, so one would think he is focused on college. But the NBA is really trying hard to make Team Ignite a successful, long-term proposition, recruiting the best players - I just read an article on ESPN from a few months ago saying they are going after the top 10 recruits and they did not specifically mention Baldwin.
I don't have any inside info here on PBJ, obviously, but it's widely considered that RSCI No. 4 Jaden Hardy and No. 8 Michael Foster will be going the G League Ignite route, so there are your top-10 guys. I suspect that 1) Rod Strickland et al reached out to PBJ to gauge his interest and tried to recruit him; and 2) if he was thought to be going that way or even strongly considering it, some of the more plugged in recruiting and NBA guys would've heard about it and mentioned it in their analysis. Of course, it seems like PBJ is playing his decision quite close to the vest, so who really knows.