Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA

    ACC Football: Week 5

    Thursday:

    Virginia at Miami, 7:30 pm, ESPN

    Saturday:

    Pittsburgh at Georgia Tech, 12:00 noon, ACCN
    Louisville at 24 Wake Forest, 12:30 pm, ESPN3
    Syracuse at Florida State, 3:30 pm, ACCN
    Louisiana Tech at 23 NC State, 6:00 pm, ESPN+ / ACCNX
    Boston College at 25 Clemson, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Bob Green

  2. #2
    Iím keeping a close eye in the UVa at Miami, FL game tonight. Huge ACC coastal implications on the line. UVa is only +5.5 on the road. A loss for them though would be their 3rd consecutive conference loss and virtually eliminate them from ACC Coastal contention. It may stir rumors about Broncoís future as head coach of UVa, too. A loss tonight would add to the narrative that they pretty much stink again this season (his 6th there). Their defense has looked horrendous the past two weeks vs UNC-CH and Wake.

    Miami, FL has 2 losses but neither came in the league. Theyíre still very much in the mix for an ACC Coastal title with a win tonight.

  3. #3
    Virginia is absolutely dominating both lines of scrimmage in the first quarter. This one could get ugly if the U cannot figure out how to adjust.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Virginia is absolutely dominating both lines of scrimmage in the first quarter. This one could get ugly if the U cannot figure out how to adjust.
    I think it may be official Ö Miami, FL officially stinks this year. How bad is the ACC this season?

    Lot of time left, though Ö

  5. #5
    Iím not sure this Miami, FL team could beat all high school teams in the country. They are a complete joke this year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Iím not sure this Miami, FL team could beat all high school teams in the country. They are a complete joke this year.
    Miami is not good but it is missing the starting QB.

  7. #7
    To be fair, their defense has tightened up a bit after the 1st quarter ... but their offense is a train wreck. They're making the Hoos' woeful D look good. I find it difficult to believe that is all on the loss of King.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    To be fair, their defense has tightened up a bit after the 1st quarter ... but their offense is a train wreck. They're making the Hoos' woeful D look good.
    They are missing their starting QB D’Eriq King. Another QB Jake Garcia is out. This kid Tyler Van Dyke at QB for them is struggling.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    They are missing their starting QB DíEriq King. Another QB Jake Garcia is out. This kid Tyler Van Dyke at QB for them is struggling.
    I'll grant you that. However, they came into the game with the goal of running the ball, and had to give up that goal after two series. And this against a horrendous UVA defense. Their O-line looks horribly overmatched against the UVA D-line.

  10. #10
    The Canes get a pick deep in UVa territory. Feel like they have to score a TD here.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I'll grant you that. However, they came into the game with the goal of running the ball, and had to give up that goal after two series. And this against a horrendous UVA defense. Their O-line looks horribly overmatched against the UVA D-line.
    Agreed 100%!

    What a throw Van Dyke. 19-14 UVa with plenty of time left.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That
    Was
    Awesome!

    Drop to INT to TD...in like 2 seconds.


    (Looked more INTish from first view, but still WOW!)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That
    Was
    Awesome!

    Drop to INT to TD...in like 2 seconds.


    (Looked more INTish from first view, but still WOW!)
    I donít think Iíve ever witnessed a TD scored like that before. A sure INT dropped by the Miami, FL defender that hit off the UVa receiver while he was on the ground in the end zone and he popped it up into the air and caught it with one hand while on the ground for a TD.

    Van Dyke is heating up at QB for Miami, FL.

    Now a 59 yard TD run for Harris from Miami, FL.

    27-21 UVa with 16:04 left in the contest. This is turning out to be a good game.

  14. #14
    UVa gets a FG with 12 mins left.

    30-21 UVa.

    Miami, FL ball.

  15. #15
    24 yard TD run for Van Dyke.

    30-28 UVa with 9 mins left.

    Both defenses are atrocious!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    24 yard TD run for Van Dyke.

    30-28 UVa with 9 mins left.

    Both defenses are atrocious!
    That seems to be a running theme of the ACC this year so far.

    Game On!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That seems to be a running theme of the ACC this year so far.

    Game On!
    Yep, Miami, FL has a shot at a game winning drive here with 5:36 left. Hold onto your hats!

  18. #18
    Miami, FL is well within field goal range with 2 minutes left.

    This would be a season crushing loss for UVa.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  20. #20
    Miami, FL misses a game winning FG at the final horn to lose to UVa 30-28.

    Miami, FL is officially terrible this year!

Similar Threads

  1. ACC Football: Week 4
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-29-2021, 10:16 AM
  2. ACC Football Week 14
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM
  3. ACC Football Week 3
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-16-2019, 03:33 PM
  4. ACC Football: Week 3
    By Avvocato in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 02:52 PM
  5. ACC Football: Week Two
    By Olympic Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •