Page 133 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 2971
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ummmm, apparently there is some buzz that Nolan Hickman, top 30 PG who was going to Kentucky but recently decommitted, may be talking to Duke. Hickman played really well at the Iverson Classic. Seems sorta strange to me and an awkward fit to our roster. How would Roach react to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    That would be very interesting. Hickman supposedly wanted to play closer to his home in Washington State.
    Yeah, I'd assumed when Hickman decommitted that he would end up at Gonzaga. That still seems like the most likely destination to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, I'd assumed when Hickman decommitted that he would end up at Gonzaga. That still seems like the most likely destination to me.
    Doesn't Gonzaga already have two PGs in their expected starting lineup (Nembhard and Sallis)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Doesn't Gonzaga already have two PGs in their expected starting lineup (Nembhard and Sallis)?
    Sallis is more of a wing than a true PG, and Nembhard played alongside Suggs this past year just fine. I would see Sallis filling the "Ayayi" role, Hickman the "Suggs" role, and Nembhard the "Nembhard" role.

Patrick Baldwin Jr. tinfoil hat theory:
    When he tweeted in advance of the announcement that he was announcing his college destination tomorrow, he said “y’all ready?“ Of the three schools purportedly on his list, only one reposes in the south where the term “y’all“ is readily used. Just saying…

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    Patrick Baldwin Jr. tinfoil hat theory:
    When he tweeted in advance of the announcement that he was announcing his college destination tomorrow, he said “y’all ready?“ Of the three schools purportedly on his list, only one reposes in the south where the term “y’all“ is readily used. Just saying…
    That may be but think y'all grasping at straws. African Americans in other parts of the country also use the phrase. Teenagers in the Bronx use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    That may be but think y'all grasping at straws. African Americans in other parts of the country also use the phrase. Teenagers in the Bronx use it.
    On Dec 4, 2020 - he also used y'all when he tweeted - Let’s go!!!!!!! Boys got the dub!!! Proud of y’all. Thus it looks like y'all need another clue.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    On Dec 4, 2020 - he also used y'all when he tweeted - Let’s go!!!!!!! Boys got the dub!!! Proud of y’all. Thus it looks like y'all need another clue.
    That was the night Duke beat Bellarmine 76-54, so maybe he was excited for his future teammates?

I just don't see a situation in which he doesn't play for his father. My expectation is that he stays home. Maybe I am wrong on this, but that's what I think will happen.

I just don't see a situation in which he doesn't play for his father. My expectation is that he stays home. Maybe I am wrong on this, but that's what I think will happen.
    Agreed. I hope it all works out for the young man.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

If Baldwin announces for Duke tomorrow, Duke will be absolutely great next season. If Baldwin announces for any other school, Duke will still be absolutely great next season. Let the chips fall.

Just glad the suspense will be over. Hopefully Duke, but needs finality. Tired of the discussion.

Exactly... Time for this to be over with, and we know what we got!

I’m very skeptical and fully expect the following announcement. I am going to play in the south and join my dad who will be an assistant coach at unc

I say duke. The only reason to play for dad is to save his job (you can love your dad to death and not play for him - personally I would not want my son playing for me - for a number of reasons). And ultimately it is fools gold - one year of PB will not change the trajectory of the UW-M basketball program.

I am not saying that Duke is best for PB - but I certainly do not see playing at UW-M in a weak conference as being best for him. And playing for your dad opens up a can of worms at many levels.

I just hope that Baldwin has distanced himself from last years star recruit. If memory serves me correctly, weren't they very close and Baldwin was quoted as saying he was going to use Johnson's input to finalize his decision. Here's hoping for good news !

Is there any chance he goes Georgetown? I haven't followed this as closely as others but it is interesting that he seems to have kept them on his list when most consider this to be a two horse race. Or am I just having Hoya Paranoia?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Is there any chance he goes Georgetown? I haven't followed this as closely as others but it is interesting that he seems to have kept them on his list when most consider this to be a two horse race. Or am I just having Hoya Paranoia?
    I was literally just at Duke and in Georgetown for the past two days. And at UVA in between the two.

I recognize that there is a coaching relationship that is critical - but I would never go to Georgetown over Duke. Just not a contest in terms of the facilities and campuses. Duke is just so much better. UVA - that would be a more difficult decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    I thought kidA was grasping at fun!

Thanks fgb, I was (mostly) just riffing, but that’s the thing about tea leaves, they are infinitely interpretable.

Another thing I said sorta tongue in cheek earlier was that I don’t think he would choose to play for his father. He has learned everything he can from his father so far, I’m sure his entire game has been molded by him. No more growth if he goes to UMW. And not only is Duke a better school , academically and hoops-wise, a school that will provide more exposure and a better opportunity to maximize his NBA potential, Coach K is a much better coach than his father, and I can say that confidently without knowing a thing about his father (like his record at UMW). Aside from the comfort factor of being at home, objectively, Duke is a much better choice and one would hope that’s the advice his family gives Jr.

Totally unbiased y’all!

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    I say duke. The only reason to play for dad is to save his job (you can love your dad to death and not play for him - personally I would not want my son playing for me - for a number of reasons). And ultimately it is fools gold - one year of PB will not change the trajectory of the UW-M basketball program.

I am not saying that Duke is best for PB - but I certainly do not see playing at UW-M in a weak conference as being best for him. And playing for your dad opens up a can of worms at many levels.
    Yes, think of the Capel brothers. One at Duke then the other at UNC.