Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    For the sake of clarity of conversation, I would like to ask that all the 2020-21 minutes conversation be moved to this thread: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...this-redundant

Let's keep current roster conversation out of the 2021 recruiting thread, ok?

-Jason "I moved a few posts, just to help the minutes thread conversation to get going..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Tipton Edits has the word out that coveted Class of 2021 Canadian C Charles Bediako will be announcing a final 5 teams this Saturday (10/10). Duke is among the teams that appeared on his list of 10 schools, as well as Alabama, Baylor, Maryland, Memphis, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, Texas, and USC. There seems to be buzz around Alabama here. With both Mark Williams and Paolo Banchero possibly on the roster in '21, playing time in the frontcourt at Duke will be limited at best as a freshman. It depends on his outlook, I suppose.
    Quick update on this one: Bediako cut his list to 5 today, including Alabama, Duke, Michigan, Ohio State, and Texas.

FWIW, the Crystal Ball sees a certain tide pulling Canadians to Tuscaloosa.

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhQ5Dg6gdEw
    I played this on my phone at the Alabama Tuscaloosa memorabilia store.

There were a flurry of high level commitments over the weekend.

#5 in 2021, Jabari Smith to Auburn
    #27 in 2021, Franck Kepnang to Oregon. He will reclassify and join the 2020 class and enroll immediately.
    #45 in 2021, Alex Fudge to LSU
    #175 in 2021, Lucas Taylor to Clemson

Also to note, Bryce McGowens (#25 nationally), Florida State's top recruit in their 2021 class opened his recruitment back up. Fairly significant news for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    #27 in 2021, Franck Kepnang to Oregon. He will reclassify and join the 2020 class and enroll immediately.
    The last day to register or add class at Univ. of Oregon was October 5. I guess stuff like "classes are closed" does not matter when you are tall and can run and jump.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The last day to register or add class at Univ. of Oregon was October 5. I guess stuff like "classes are closed" does not matter when you are tall and can run and jump.
    Given the new dates for the season, he could wait until the end of Fall semester.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    There were a flurry of high level commitments over the weekend.

#5 in 2021, Jabari Smith to Auburn
    #45 in 2021, Alex Fudge to LSU
    #175 in 2021, Lucas Taylor to Clemson

Also to note, Bryce McGowens (#25 nationally), Florida State's top recruit in their 2021 class opened his recruitment back up. Fairly significant news for them.
    Alex Fudge - that kid has one sweet game.

Sorry - slow day on Thanksgiving and I could not resist.

A quick update on Caleb Houstan from Eric Bossi's mailbag this week: https://247sports.com/Article/UCLA-K...tte-153049752/

"I don’t feel near confident enough to make a Crystal Ball prediction on Houstan just yet, but if I had to bet I’d I would say that Alabama and Michigan make up the upper tier while Duke and Virginia may still have a little ground to make up. This one is likely coming down to the wire."

Bossi suggests he expects Houstan to sign before the end of the early signing period (Nov 11-Nov 18)

Possible grad transfer?

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    Yale graduate transfer Paul Atkinson told ESPN he's already heard from Duke, Arkansas, Miami, Florida, USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Maryland, Texas, Ohio State, OK State, Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Georgia.

Co-Player of the Year in the Ivy last season. 17.6 PPG, 7.3 RPG
    7:54PM - 10/20/20

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Possible grad transfer?

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    Yale graduate transfer Paul Atkinson told ESPN he's already heard from Duke, Arkansas, Miami, Florida, USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Gonzaga, Maryland, Texas, Ohio State, OK State, Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Georgia.

I don't know about this pattern of grad tranfers from academically inferior schools

Possible grad transfer?

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    I don't know about this pattern of grad tranfers from academically inferior schools
    If Atkinson does transfer to Duke, he'll be playing for a university that's younger and more athletic .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If Atkinson does transfer to Duke, he'll be playing for a university that's younger and more athletic .
    Isn’t that true of every school on his list?

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Isn’t that true of every school on his list?
    Every school on the list is also academically inferior...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Possible grad transfer?

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello

He's already played three seasons. Is he transferring for this season or next season (or both, I guess with the new rule)? Or is he planning on playing at Yale this season and using the newly conferred extra season to transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    He's already played three seasons. Is he transferring for this season or next season (or both, I guess with the new rule)? Or is he planning on playing at Yale this season and using the newly conferred extra season to transfer?
    Not playing this season. Currently in the transfer portal: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-spring
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Let's clarify this...It is Harvard that is the "Duke of the North"...Not Yale...Tommy Amaker is shaking his head in disgust at this thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Not playing this season. Currently in the transfer portal: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ransfer-spring
    Ah, so he's a "real" transfer and not a grad transfer.

Which is a shame, for him and many other real transfers -- presumably he doesn't get the windfall of the extra year of eligibility, meaning he could have played this season, still transferred (as a grad transfer) and played next season without any penalty.

Which is a shame, for him and many other real transfers -- presumably he doesn't get the windfall of the extra year of eligibility, meaning he could have played this season, still transferred (as a grad transfer) and played next season without any penalty.
    That's assuming Yale plays this year.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

But he could still transfer, sit out this year, then play the next two years.

But he could still transfer, sit out this year, then play the next two years.
    My understanding is that he would only be eligible for 1 year somewhere else as he has played 3 years already. If he transfers in the spring like he says he is going to, his first season would be the 21-22 season. I believe that is the one year where you can have a 5th year of eligibility, which would mean he couldn't take advantage of the extra year right?