Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Don't you get the feeling that K will not let Boeheim outlast him?
    Kinda, yeah. I do.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    as long as Bill Simmons says his biggest nightmare is Stevens leaving to become Duke's next head coach, it's worth keeping alive, just for sport.
    I don’t understand this whole Bill Simmons thing. I have heard him make many negative comments about Duke over the years without ever explaining why he feels that way. What really makes it strange is the fact that he has never been a fan of college basketball and still isn’t, so why would he have strong feelings about Duke one way or the other? I just don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Would you rather we talk about how awesome the Celtics are? You gotta choose the Brad Stevens-is-the-next-Duke-coach narrative or the Celtics-are-the-new-Dubs narrative.
    Brad-Stevens-to-Duke is more likely than anyone being the new Dubs. This team is one and done. Once it is gone, we will not see another like it for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don’t understand this whole Bill Simmons thing. I have heard him make many negative comments about Duke over the years without ever explaining why he feels that way. What really makes it strange is the fact that he has never been a fan of college basketball and still isn’t, so why would he have strong feelings about Duke one way or the other? I just don’t get it.
    Here's my take as a Simmons fan who has tried to figure out this very question you pose. I have heard him say that he likes to choose sides in rivalries and that he chose UNC because the majority of his friends were UNC fans. If we assume that as his professional media career grew, many of those friends were professional colleagues, I think we can assume that he interfaced with a ton of the UNC journalism grads littering the sports landscape. One of them, Tate Frazier, is currently a podcast host/producer for The Ringer. One of his primary mentors at ESPN, John Skipper, is a UNC grad and huge fan.

With that as the "foundation", I think he also generally thinks that K is a jerk, in the same way that many others think he's a jerk based on the usual list of grievances (Amex commercials, Chronicle reporters, Dillon Brooks lecture).

Generally, not counting his Boston teams, he roots for the little guy and Duke aint that.

Throw in Duke refusing to provide Duke/Carolina game press passes to Grantland and I think we've covered most of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I do not agree that whoever replaces K and Roy will be considered the top coach automatically...if Bennett keeps winning, he will be until one of those replacements, or both, proves themselves.

Now, if somehow Brad Stevens decided all that money and fame in the NBA is boring...well...
    I didn't say that those replacements would be considered the top coaches automatically. My point was that those two programs are of a stature that may allow them to hire a coach that is better than Bennett. I think that that will probably be the case.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Zion Williamson making OAD look silly

Zion is this lady's poster boy for getting rid of OAD yesterday.

Zion Williamson doesn’t belong in college.

With every game he plays, every opponent he dismantles, every did-you-see-THAT highlight he produces, the Duke freshman shows why the NBA needs to scrap its ridiculous “one-and-done” rule. Three games into his college career, it’s clear Williamson is more ready for the NBA than some of the guys already there.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...nRH?li=BBnbfcL
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Zion is this lady's poster boy for getting rid of OAD yesterday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...nRH?li=BBnbfcL
    "Some?"