Steve Ditko has passed

It wasn't in my local rag, so I just found out that Steve Ditko passed away about 10 days ago at age 90. He was the co-creator with Stan Lee of Spider-Man (and other characters).

I debuted the same month as Spider-Man. My brother was 6 years older so I always got to read the comic books second. Spider-Man was easily our favorite. If only we'd had cotton gloves and plastic bags back then...

Wait, you mean there's someone who co-created Spiderman and other Marvel superheros and DOESN'T make awful, obnoxious, cringeworthy cameo appearances in movies that completely ruin the flow of otherwise exciting action sequences with terribly acted dialogue? I like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    It wasn't in my local rag, so I just found out that Steve Ditko passed away about 10 days ago at age 90. He was the co-creator with Stan Lee of Spider-Man (and other characters).

I debuted the same month as Spider-Man. My brother was 6 years older so I always got to read the comic books second. Spider-Man was easily our favorite. If only we'd had cotton gloves and plastic bags back then...
    I hope you at least saved some of those comics for your kids to read. My dad saved a big stack of his and I remember reading thru them as a kid. None were particularly valuable and they were all very worn, but they still read well. My 14 year old just recently discovered comic books, so I at least plan to save some of his, although they are much darker these days.
    "There can BE only one."

Gee, my mother made me clean up and occasionally throw things out. 🤣😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Gee, my mother made me clean up and occasionally throw things out. 🤣😎
    When you find your stuff, you'll probably find my old baseball cards too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Wait, you mean there's someone who co-created Spiderman and other Marvel superheros and DOESN'T make awful, obnoxious, cringeworthy cameo appearances in movies that completely ruin the flow of otherwise exciting action sequences with terribly acted dialogue? I like this guy.
    Ditko was an unusual fellow - the polar opposite of the bombastic Stan Lee. Ditko was far more reclusive. His design sense was much different from Kirby's, which is why Spider-Man in particular, and to a lesser extent Doctor Strange, don't have the same aesthetic as the Avengers characters.