Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    According to Twitter there is only one player in the NBA heavier than Zion - 7’3 Boban Marjanovic who is listed at 290.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    According to Twitter there is only one player in the NBA heavier than Zion - 7’3 Boban Marjanovic who is listed at 290.
    I think his comps should be TEs, DEs and OLBs

Can you imagine being a 6' 200lb safety tasked with stopping Zion over the middle of the field once he's built up a head of steam?

How many games until the first over-coached foolhardy sap tries to take a charge against Zion on his way to the basket? Will there be identifiable remains?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I think his comps should be TEs, DEs and OLBs

Can you imagine being a 6' 200lb safety tasked with stopping Zion over the middle of the field once he's built up a head of steam?

How many games until the first over-coached foolhardy sap tries to take a charge against Zion on his way to the basket? Will there be identifiable remains?
    Zion will immediately called for a flagrant foul, be ejected and serve a one game suspension.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Zion will immediately called for a flagrant foul, be ejected and serve a one game suspension.
    ...and Daniel Ewing will get a technical foul.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

you kid (kinda) -- but Zion's gonna pick up a bunch of fouls in the post just being there. How can you not bounce off that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    you kid (kinda) -- but Zion's gonna pick up a bunch of fouls in the post just being there. How can you not bounce off that guy?
    Sad, but (likely) true.

Just imagine if the refs decided to give him be benefit of the doubt like they did that goofy bug eyed Cheater a few years back (when there were 2 sets of rules in CBB for 4 years). If Zion was allowed to just lower his shoulder knock people back, lay the ball in and and get an 'and 1' over and over again like HansCheater. As Duke fans we know that refs don't want to be seen helping us out so we just assume that Zion will pick up lots of fouls (especially charges) just because he's such a beast.

It's hard not to get too excited about this kid, even though he's a one and done.

The key will be using his quickness to get a step on his man, who will then have to foul from behind. If he tries to just barrel through his defender then yeah he’s gonna pick up a lot of fouls.

Keep in mind that at 6’6 or 6’7 he’s going to be defended by some 6’8 or taller power forwards. If he gets switched onto a center in the post then he could be facing a seven footer who weighs 250. He’s not going to push those types of players around like he did in high school playing against the lollipop guild. I think his height and length are going to prevent him from simply having his way in the post, and he’ll have to develop other areas of his game.

I think his height and length are going to prevent him from simply having his way in the post, and he’ll have to develop other areas of his game.

i agree he'll have to develop other areas of his game, but charles barkley wasn't the tallest guy either and williamson has a few inches and pounds on him. it
    is going to be fun watching him adjust to the next level.

Immovable object

I'm looking forward to Zion taking a charge and standing his ground without flopping. How will the refs call it when an offensive player barrels into a stationary Zion and just gets laid out.

Another issue: the defensive player must have position before Zion leaves the floor.

If Zion leaves the floor at the free throw line, there is a LOT of time for simpletons to slide into his path but still be outside the arc. How are those calls to be made (other than 911 and DOA)?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Another issue: the defensive player must have position before Zion leaves the floor.

If Zion leaves the floor at the free throw line, there is a LOT of time for simpletons to slide into his path but still be outside the arc. How are those calls to be made (other than 911 and DOA)?
    So what you're telling me is AOC has no chance of survival in practice?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I wonder if Coach Cutcliffe has put in a call to Coach K yet? It seems like this Zion kid could have some football potential. His dad to have a scholarship to play at NC State before transferring to Livingston.

The more I think about it, the more I think the gridiron is the place for this kid. It has nothing at all to do with not wanting to see him on the floor opposite my basketball team. State and Duke don't play in football this year do we?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I wonder if Coach Cutcliffe has put in a call to Coach K yet? It seems like this Zion kid could have some football potential. His dad to have a scholarship to play at NC State before transferring to Livingston.

The more I think about it, the more I think the gridiron is the place for this kid. It has nothing at all to do with not wanting to see him on the floor opposite my basketball team. State and Duke don't play in football this year do we?
    Clever stuff there, PackMan. Not gonna work however.

Clever stuff there, PackMan. Not gonna work however.
    But in fairness, Zion could probably be an all world football tight end.

WOW——allthis speculation over Zion man....can’t wait ‘til he tees it up for real..
    Gonna really be something to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    But in fairness, Zion could probably be an all world football tight end.
    Q: Where does a 6'7" 285 lb young man play?

A: Anywhere he wants.

(well, not really but...)

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    WOW——allthis speculation over Zion man...can’t wait ‘til he tees it up for real..
    Gonna really be something to behold
    He’s not a golfer, too, is he?

Zion's body fat - has it been listed?

Maybe I missed it, but has Zion's body fat been listed? I dont care how much he weighs if his body fat is low number.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilsince72 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but has Zion's body fat been listed? I dont care how much he weighs if his body fat is low number.
    his weight has been listed, but I'll bet it isn't accurate...he's trimmer now than when he weighed 272. I'm going to get one of my Canadian friends to lure him onto a scale in a few weeks, still working out the details.