Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wraps him up before league play ends. The Cavs take on the Wizards in a few minutes. I expect big things from Sexton throughout the year and wouldn't be surprised if he has a dominant Summer league.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I'm upset that I missed Duval's performance today. I am not surprised at all though. I posted in another thread that I thought the free flowing summer league games would give Trevon a chance to show off his strongest offensive attributes. Going 2 for 2 on 3s is a nice bonus. Hopefully he can stay above 30% from the arc for the remainder of his summer leagues games.

I guess AWHOM111 can answer this question

Could a team aside from the Rockets sign Duval to an NBA contract before the end of summer league play? Can the Rockets even sign him before the end of summer league?
    You can watch a replay on ESPN3.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    That is a really big game by Duval. He showed he belongs. If he has another similar game- he will be signed.
    Watching the replay on WatchESPN - he definitely belongs. He should have several more assists but his teammates are hitting the side of the backboard and fumbling passes off their knees. Greg Anthony is doing a great job pointing out the little things that Duval is able to do that are pro level things (pocket passes in traffic, kick outs, etc.) and that the team simply runs better when he is in. His jumper still looks a little unnatural, but his release point is higher and more consistent now so the arc of the ball looks good. If he can get to league average as a shooter, he should have a solid career. I just hope he gets a real chance.

Trevon had 20 points in 23 minutes as the Rockets beat the Pacers 92-89. What everyone really cares about is how many players picked up 7 fouls and neither team disappointed as Zhou Qi, De'Anthony Melton, and Aaron Holiday all hit that mark.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/HOUIND#/boxscore

Frank had 12 points and 6 rebounds in his 13 minutes and then Cheick Diallo committed 8 fouls in disappointment after he left the game as the Pelicans beat the Raptors 90-77.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/TORNOP#/boxscore

The Magic beat the Nets 86-80 in a game that lacked both Duke ties and excessive fouling.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/BKNORL#/boxscore

Also failing to produce any interesting storylines was the Hornets' 88-87 win over the Thunder.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/OKCCHA#/boxscore

The Pistons could have used Luke as their game turned into unintentional Virginia-Wisconsin territory when the Bucks beat them 57-47.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/MILDET#/boxscore

Guerschon Yabusele got into the fouling spirit with 7 as the Celtics beat the Sixers 95-89.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/BOSPHI#/boxscore

Aaron Harrison had 7 fouls for the Wizards in their 72-59 loss to the Cavaliers.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/CLEWAS#/boxscore

The Suns beat the Mavericks 92-85 in a game that was not as intriguing as it could have been.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/DALPHX#/boxscore

Amile had 12 points and 14 rebounds in 28 minutes the Timberwolves lost to the Nuggets 70-69.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/DENMIN#/boxscore

The day ended with Josh Magette picking up 7 fouls and helping the Warriors beat the Clippers 77-71.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180706/LACGSW#/boxscore

Here is Saturday's schedule (all times ET, games on NBATV also on ESPN3):
    Trailblazers (Gary) vs Jazz (Grayson), 3:00pm NBATV
    Spurs vs Pacers, 3:30pm ESPN2
    Heat vs Pelicans (no Frank), 5:00pm NBATV
    Knicks vs Hawks, 5:30pm ESPN2
    Thunder vs Nets, 7:00pm NBATV
    Suns vs Kings (Harry and Marvin), 7:30pm ESPN
    Pistons vs Grizzlies, 9:00pm NBATV
    Bull (Wendell) vs Cavaliers, 9:30pm ESPN2
    Celtics vs Nuggets, 11:00pm NBATV
    Sixers vs Lakers, 11:30pm ESPN

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-13053990.php

This this the first article I have found since the draft with some quotes from Trevon. Looks like he is still talking to K. I’m really pulling for him.

“(Draft night was) very difficult, of course,” Duval said. “But God has a plan for me, and I’m just trying to stay the course right now.
    “(Going undrafted) never really crossed my mind, until it happened. (I) definitely was shocked, but it happened. It’s the past. Now, I’m moving forward from it.”

Duval said he spoke to Krzyzewski after signing with the Rockets’ Summer League team.
    “He told me to stay the course,” Duval said. “(He told me to) do what I do best and just focus on the goal and everything will take care of itself.”

Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Really glad to hear that Duvall had a strong start. I hope he keeps it up and makes a roster.

Lots of posts about Grayson. Like someone said, he's playing well but not shooting well. Hope his shots start to fall. I've watched a few of his summer league games and he looks poised and in control. As for the Trae Young thing, I was watching that live. Let's preface this by saying that Young was something like 0 fer 13 when he went after Allen. TY had the ball with GA guarding him closely. GA had his left arm extended near TY when TY swung the ball with his arms under GA's left arm up towards his arm pit. Looked like he was attempting a Kevin Durant/Paul Pierce rip thru to draw a foul. Only problem is that TY brought the ball up under GA's arm pit, and GA, who is much stronger than TY didn't just give or flop (which I loved because GA has grit). At that point they were a bit tangled...instead of handling it properly TY then did all he could to try and throw GA. He failed. GA, after the ridiculous TY throw attempt, was bent at the waist and he did turn into TY with his shoulder, push TY off of him, stood up, put his arms in the air and backed away (and tripped a bit over the refs foot). Call should have been a PF on GA and a Tech on TY. Sadly, they T'd up GA too which was a mistake. Later ESPN brought it up during the Sportscenter intro as one of the top stories on a day where 2 WC matches and many Wimbledon matches were played (they suck).

Grayson is struggling with his shot again but is still playing fairly well. He just got into another skirmish; this time involving Wade Baldwin IV... to be more accurate they got tied up for a second and Wade pushed Grayson in the face. The refs have decided to eject Wade Baldwin. There were cheers but more boos while Allen shot his free throws that were a product of the Baldwin ejection. His lightning rod status is undeniable. Hopefully he finds his shot soon so can display his full offensive arsenal in the coming days. My only other criticism of Allen's game is that he leaves his feet too often to make passes, even passes on the perimeter. He's getting away with it now but it's not a good habit to have.
    Last edited by subzero02; 07-07-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Grayson is struggling with his shot again but is still playing fairly well. He just got into another skirmish; this time involving Wade Baldwin IV... to be more accurate they got tied up for a second and Wade pushed Grayson in the face. The refs have decided to eject Wade Baldwin. There were cheers but more boos while Allen shot his free throws that were a product of the Baldwin ejection. His lightning rod status is undeniable. Hopefully he finds his shot soon so can display his full offensive arsenal in the coming days. My only other criticism of Allen's game is that he leaves his feet too often to make passes, even passes on the perimeter. He's getting away with it now but it's not a good habit to have.
    What a coincidence!
    Let's go Duke!

Does any sane person think NBA execs are concerned about Grayson's shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Does any sane person think NBA execs are concerned about Grayson's shooting?
    Everyone knows that he's an elite shooter. What remains to be seen is if he can continue to shoot at a high level while serving as the primary ballhandler. Grayson expends a lot of energy on dribble penetration and ball distribution; this could be part of the reason why he isn't shooting as well from outside. His best shooting performances in college seemed to occur when he played off ball. In the Michigan State game last year, he attributed his outstanding shooting performance to Trevon allowing him to play off the ball. That said, his shot might just be a little off presently and he could shoot lights out for the remainder of summer league play. Only time will tell.

I dunno, we spent all last season “knowing” that Grayson was an elite shooter but watching him struggle with his shot for what felt like the whole season. He did play under control and control the tempo while racking up some assists. But it would be silly not to be at least a little concerned about his shooting.

Everyone knows that he's an elite shooter. What remains to be seen is if he can continue to shoot at a high level while serving as the primary ballhandler. Grayson expends a lot of energy on dribble penetration and ball distribution; this could be part of the reason why he isn't shooting as well from outside. His best shooting performances in college seemed to occur when he played off ball. In the Michigan State game last year, he attributed his outstanding shooting performance to Trevon allowing him to play off the ball. That said, his shot might just be a little off presently and he could shoot lights out for the remainder of summer league play. Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I dunno, we spent all last season “knowing” that Grayson was an elite shooter but watching him struggle with his shot for what felt like the whole season. He did play under control and control the tempo while racking up some assists. But it would be silly not to be at least a little concerned about his shooting.
    Speaking for the birdbrain here, I am not in the least concerned about Grayson's shooting in the NBA Summer League. When I have seen him play, he has looked like an NBA player -- very aggressive -- and has done an excellent job of seeing the court and distributing the ball
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Bagley and Giles vs. Ayton in the next game. it should be spitze...

Bagley working on his shooting and so far not so great. Needs to really improve that midrange game for the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Bagley working on his shooting and so far not so great. Needs to really improve that midrange game for the next level.
    I agree.

I believe they sat Fox after the first summer league game in sacramento. I really think both Bagley and Giles are going to look a lot better playing alongside him; primarily because of the pace that he generates on the offensive end. Both teams are very jittery on that side of the ball right now.

Harry is looking good!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Harry is looking good!
    Impressed with his shooting. He has an array of shots. His ball handling is not great but he has been playing good D in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Harry is looking good!
    Harry with 17 pts, 6 rebounds, 5 steals and 1 block. He plays with a chip on his shoulder. His energy on defense will keep him on the court even when his offensive game is stagnant.

Bagley with 16 pts, 7 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block.

Mr. Carter makes his summer league in few minutes.

Carter is humiliating people with his blocks... one swat and and one shot he basically just pinned against the backboard and grabbed with two hands.

Carter is humiliating people with his blocks... one swat and and one shot he basically just pinned against the backboard and grabbed with two hands.
    Carter having a solid game mostly cleaning up misses. Too bad his coach isn’t allowing him to showcase all his talents.