Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream cars

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I am still waiting on the bus since the title is tied up in power of attorney paperwork. (Seller's hubby has name on title too, and he is deployed on a ship in the middle of the ocean. He's mailed it, just a matter of time.) While I wait, my gf took the plunge and has bought her own dream car. Not a convertible, but it's a '69 Karmann Ghia. It is being shipped from Tennessee.
    Can't wait to see both side by side! Her's needs very little restoration, so for now she is just looking at getting bumpers on it.

Attachment 8527
    You two are rocking it! Great combo of rides!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Depends on the car. The two Firebirds went through and the GS455 will go through concours level restorations done by someone else. The Skylark engine bay got a rattle can paint job last night by me. Reassembly of the suspension and other engine bay items on Saturday and install engine and trans on Sunday.
    Very impressive! Must confess, I have neither the time or motivation these days. I recently traded my '66 Vette for just that reason.

IMG_4201.jpg

back in that era I had big plans for an Oldsmobile (yes, it really was a brand) 442, which got a huge laugh out of my parental units.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Very impressive! Must confess, I have neither the time or motivation these days. I recently traded my '66 Vette for just that reason.

Very nice! I usually have a couple of guys from my car club on hand during projects. Many hands make light work.

Very nice! I usually have a couple of guys from my car club on hand during projects. Many hands make light work.
    Thanks, your approach sounds best. Most of the car guys I know just want to drive and show. It's a good thing those bums have money.

So, apparently late 90’s Civics are in huge demand right now.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-honda-civic-30/

A Civic, really?

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

A Civic, really?
    Dude, those things got ridiculous gas mileage. I drove one across the country in 1999, and I won't even tell you what my MPG was because it sounds like I'm a crazy person.

A Civic, really?
    Nostalgia comes with a big price tag.

A Civic, really?
    Guess I should have kept my 92 Prelude as an investment. Always loved that car. Had a sweet Kenwood stereo and everything.

A Civic, really?
    It will eventually end up with a teenager who will put loud mufflers on it, so as to make it sound like an angry bumblebee.

My dream car is any car that is reliable and doesn't need to be dragged to the shop for repairs. Chose our last car with three criteria: reliability, reliability, and reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My dream car is any car that is reliable and doesn't need to be dragged to the shop for repairs. Chose our last car with three criteria: reliability, reliability, and reliability.
    But did you consider reliability?

Hard to determine reliability unless you are purchasing an ancient used car with lots of data. That's what I do.

Loved it but wssnt quite what i needed. 521 big block
    600hp 600ftpnds of torque streetfighter transmission. Not practical but it was fun sold last year.

picture uploader
    71 convertible.

Really just needed a cruiser.low hp nice stereo.
    Something i could roll to the beach and just chill.

Had a few trophies but car shows just arent my thing.
    Probably shoukd have purchased a used viper.

My dream is to get a bandit one .
    One day.
    Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 12-01-2020 at 10:00 AM.

My current daily driver is a ZL1. IMO, it’s a lot of car (except the backseat) for the money. Great tranny with 650 hp and 650 lbs. torque.

My current daily is a fairly pedestrian, but thus far stolidly serviceable Silverado.
    Someday I really want to have a Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Someday I really want to have a Corvette.
    IMO, the C6s are solid rides and recently priced at great entry points. A more rare combo could probably be driven for relatively few dollars. Vettes usually hold value after their first decade of depreciation. It’s amazing how many Vettes were babied by their original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    IMO, the C6s are solid rides and recently priced at great entry points. A more rare combo could probably be driven for relatively few dollars. Vettes usually hold value after their first decade of depreciation. It’s amazing how many Vettes were babied by their original owner.
    Yeah, that "clean it with a diaper every Saturday morning" thing is at least partly not a joke...
    This is all well in the future (and tbh, only marginally likely at all) for me, but I will absolutely get one someday if a suitable opportunity should ever present itself.
    Agreed re: the C6 too...I'm not in *love* with the front fascia, but overall I think the design has aged well and I definitely wouldn't turn one down.
    Of course, hell, I wouldn't even turn down a C4 or even a malaise-era 'Vette, so...

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    It will eventually end up with a teenager who will put loud mufflers on it, so as to make it sound like an angry bumblebee.
    Glasspacks...

People have been doing these things since cars have been around, it isn't unique to this era of teenager.

A Civic, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Glasspacks...

People have been doing these things since cars have been around, it isn't unique to this era of teenager.
    Also, whoever buys that particular Civic is very unlikely to stick a fart can on it. The market for those is crazy for clean stock units, not other people's dropped, buzzy boy racers with oversized spoilers. Bring a Trailer in particular is notorious for inflated prices on clean and well-preserved but largely unremarkable autos for sale...an '84 Toyota pickup, for example, sold for over $36 large a few weeks ago. Extremely clean and well-sorted, but seriously?

A client of mine just sold his 2018 Audi R8 V10 and bought a Ferrari 458 Spider. He offered to come by and let me drive it, however, he is too lax on Covid so I didn't want to be in a small car with him. I took a raincheck.